(Guide) Get stock international icons on Sprint ONE

Search This thread

elvisypi

Nov 11, 2010
Düsseldorf
All credits go to @baadnewz for pointing this out. You should also go and check his ROM at the international forum, which has Sprint support http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2279766.
This was a very easy solution to a very annoying problem. If you like me use the phone internationally with a GSM network, you should know that you only get a GSM sign for data.
I have tried a million things to fix that, but the best I came up with was to replace the GSM icons with 3G icons in SystemUI.apk. That had a downside cause you would only get one icon 3G for example.

I am proud to announce that you can get all the international icons .:victory:

Go to /system/customize/AAC with a file explorer like ES File Explorer or Root Explorer and edit the default.xml
Note: The system should be mounted as RW.
Find this line <item type="integer" name="sku_id">10</item>

Change the number to 42 and save
Thank reboot and enjoy your international icons
Again many thanks to @baadnewz for his help:good:

anhtuanpro

Oct 5, 2013
It works!
You are genius, thanks!
Should use root explorer to edit that file, and use rb editor (editor of root explorer)

D

Deleted member 2736178

screenshot? Not sure I want to change the icons to something if they are ugly :)

qwertystfu

Jul 12, 2011
it's reverting to the first time after restart.
I even edit the Mount R/W on ES File Explorer, and still it's reverting after restart.

All credits go to @baadnewz for pointing this out. You should also go and check his ROM at the international forum, which has Sprint support http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2279766.
This was a very easy solution to a very annoying problem. If you like me use the phone internationally with a GSM network, you should know that you only get a GSM sign for data.
I have tried a million things to fix that, but the best I came up with was to replace the GSM icons with 3G icons in SystemUI.apk. That had a downside cause you would only get one icon 3G for example.

Go to /system/customize/AAC with a file explorer like ES File Explorer or Root Explorer and edit the default.xml

brilliant_smart

Oct 27, 2011
Bauchi

this is awesome!
thanks bro
it worked 100%

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

it's reverting to the first time after restart.
I even edit the Mount R/W on ES File Explorer, and still it's reverting after restart.

use the root explorer and copy the files to sd card where u can see it..
then use any text editor to edit the default.xml and copy it back to you internal sd...
then u have to copy it to the root .... /system/customize/AAC and paste it there

kjack3410

May 27, 2014
chane gsm icon to 3G/H

Applied this procedure to the Sprint One Max and worked it worked like a charm. Thanks!!!

*blackzer0

Dec 13, 2014
Karachi
its work on lollipop too.

thanks for tip its work on lollipop version also gps icon gone. many many thank you ;)

Last edited:

adnannaveed

Aug 21, 2014

i can not find the "customize" folder under directory of /System. can you please help me in this regard..??
i am using Lg G2, LS980 rooted 4.2.2, kernal 3.4.0 LS98ZVA

jaqual

Jul 8, 2008
i can not find the "customize" folder under directory of /System. can you please help me in this regard..??
i am using Lg G2, LS980 rooted 4.2.2, kernal 3.4.0 LS98ZVA

The information in this thread was intended to be used by people with a Sprint HTC One(m7). Every manufacturer/carrier has its own system customization options, so unless you've got an HTC device, you are probably not going to find any help here.

Please research your device in the LG G2 forum:

http://xdaforums.com/lg-g2

Sent from space...

flyboy21141

Oct 17, 2009
Moto G 5G Plus
I attempted this on Lollipop, but it did nothing.

Even if I edit it somewhere else and copy it back to the original location, the file gets overwritten with the original value anyways.

Gsm UK

Jun 2, 2008
DUBAI
i have tryed on lollipop and kitkit as well .. change numbers to 42 save but after restart its back to 10 .

i dont know what the issue i'm following exactly same procedurce ...

P.S phone is rooted and twrp installed

fahadmeyo

May 13, 2015
Multan
It worked !!

:laugh: although it took little time and eye sharp attention to find that line but it was worth.. and now wifi and GSM label is changed to international version label .. woo:fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed: thanks

isimsizkullan

Jul 7, 2012
it worked but i cant set data usage cycle now

as you can see in the screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160625-060001.png
    Screenshot_20160625-060001.png
    85.7 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Awesome!

For anybody having trouble finding it, it's towards the bottom of the file. Around 15 lines up from the last line.