[Complete guide] to SIM unlock your HTC One Sprint for free

Search This thread

elvisypi

Nov 11, 2010
Düsseldorf
After receiving many PM's I decided I should make a new thread to make the unlocking process clearer for noobs.

First:
Every Sprint HTC One can be unlocked, you just need a little patience and some basic knowledge. The unlock is PERMANENT, so you won't loose it if you flash another ROM, or even a ruu. The unlock works only on SENSE ROMs, so you can't unlock it on CM, AOSP or GPE ROMs. Even after you have unlocked you won't have network in non-sense ROMs.

Make sure your carrier frequencies are supported by the phone. Here you can find the HTC One's frequencies for Sprint.

Using US carriers will be a bit tricky, cause the frequencies the phone uses do not cover all the regions. You may loose network coverage often and may have problem with the roaming guards. Some users reported that the newest radios block domestic roaming, so you can try directly solution 3 which will downgrade your radio also, or downgrade it manually by flashing THIS radio in recovery. I also suggest you try BadBoyz ROM which has forced roaming.

The unlock works great outside the US though.

Background:
Before the release of 4.3 ROMs the process was very easy. If you still are on a SENSE 4.1.2 ROM with root access than all you have to do is follow this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2386703 or use the "Sprint HTC One SIM Unlock Helper" from Play Store

Now with the release of 4.3 Sprint made it more difficult. (Note even on the 4.4.2 base nothing has changed, the process is the same) The unlock uses a file called HtcOMADM_SPCS which was modified in 4.3, so the unlock no longer works.

Solution:
There are 3 possible solutions to this problem.

1. Use the modified HtcOMADM_SPCS made by @chas123 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2534208 You have to flash this in recovery and than the process is the same as with the 4.1.2 ROM

2. Use a file manager to replace the HtcOMADM_SPCS in /system/app with THIS.Than the process is the same as with the 4.1.2 ROM. After unlocking you'll get vDM client crashes. It's not a problem, cause afterwards you can flash any other ROM and you'll remain unlocked.

3. This is the longest way. Do this only if the previous methods fail.

a)If you are already S-OFF than:
-Download Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_1.29.651.10_RUU.zip
-extract zip to a folder on your pc
-boot into bootloader (various ways)
-using fastboot, type this cmd: fastboot oem lock this will relock the bootloader
-from pc, run setup.exe from the extracted folder. it will run the RUU utility & flash back to stock

Now you have to unlock your bootloader, install a custom recovery and root. There are tons of guides for that. You can use THIS

b)If you are S-ON.
You can get S-OFF pretty easily on hboot 1.55 with rumrunner. Instructions HERE
The latest version of rumrunner HERE
If you are on hboot 1.56 or newer you can get s-off with Firewater http://firewater-soff.com/instructions/
After gaining S-OFF the process is the same as explained in a)

After you have successfully downgraded your ROM and radio, gained root you can go ahead and use the unlock. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2386703

How do you check if the unlock was successful?
Pretty simple just insert a SIM card and if you don't get the "SIMLock enabled" message than the unlock is complete.
You may still have no bars and be unable to make calls though. Make sure you change the settings in mobile data, network mode to GSM/UMTS. If still no luck than probably the phone doesn't cover your carrier's frequencies.
If you have signal, but can't use the internet make sure the APN settings match your carrier.

Credits:
@thatotherguy.. for the unlock thread
@-viperboy- for the Sprint HTC One SIM Unlock Helper
@O.M.J for the ruu
@chas123 for the hacked file which makes unlock possible

If you find this guide useful you can press the "Thanks" button or buy me a coffee :good:

Last edited:

OMJ

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Jun 11, 2007
MN
twitter.com
be sure to give credit to chas123, he's the one who hacked HtcOMADM_SPCS (which is also used in Sprint HTC One SIM Unlock Helper) making it possible to unlock!

Reactions: elvisypi

ryulfo

Dec 15, 2013
Anything For Sprint's HTC One Max? Sim UnLock?

I have the unlock code for it but Sprint's HTC One MAX does not give me the option to enter a Network Unlock Code when I insert a foreign SIM CARD.

After receiving many PM's I decided I should make a new thread to make the unlocking process clearer for noobs.

First:
Every Sprint HTC One can be unlocked, you just need a little patience and some basic knowledge. The unlock is PERMANENT, so you won't loose it if you flash another ROM, or even a ruu. The unlock works only on SENSE ROMs, so you can't unlock it on CM, AOSP or GPE ROMs. Even after you have unlocked you won't have network in non-sense ROMs.
Make sure your carrier frequencies are supported by the phone. Here you can find the HTC One's frequencies for Sprint.
Using US carriers will be a bit tricky, cause the frequencies the phone uses do not cover all the regions. You may loose network coverage often and may have problem with the roaming guards. There are some solutions to these but I'm not gonna explain them here. The unlock works great outside the US though.

Background:
Before the release of 4.3 ROMs the process was very easy. If you still are on a SENSE 4.1.2 ROM with root access than all you have to do is follow this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2386703 or use the "Sprint HTC One SIM Unlock Helper" from Play Store

Now with the release of 4.3 Sprint made it more difficult. The unlock uses a file called HtcOMADM_SPCS which was modified in 4.3, so the unlock no longer works.

Solution:

1. Use the modified HtcOMADM_SPCS made by @chas123 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2534208 You have to flash this in recovery and than the process is the same as with the 4.1.2 ROM

2. Use a file manager to replace the HtcOMADM_SPCS in /system/app with THIS.Than the process is the same as with the 4.1.2 ROM. After unlocking you'll get vDM client crashes. It's not a problem, cause afterwards you can flash any other ROM and you'll remain unlocked.

-using fastboot, type this cmd: fastboot oem lock this will relock the bootloader
-from pc, run setup.exe from the extracted folder. it will run the RUU utility & flash back to stock

Now you have to unlock your bootloader, install a custom recovery and root. There are tons of guides for that. You can use THIS

b)If you are S-ON. You can get S-OFF pretty easily on hboot 1.55 with rumrunner. Instructions HERE

After you have successfully downgraded your ROM and radio, gained root you can go ahead and use the unlock. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2386703

Credits:
@O.M.J for the ruu

If you find this guide useful you can press the "Thanks" button or buy me a coffee :good:

Reactions: just a bird xo
Oct 26, 2013
Just curious guys, If I'm correct, I still have an odexed rom, but that file I need to flash is only for deodexed roms. How do I go about turning my odexed phone into deodexed?

(sorry I'm super noob with phones in general)

Thanks for anyone who helps!

resquedaz

Jul 17, 2012
sim unlock

First:
Using US carriers will be a bit tricky, cause the frequencies the phone uses do not cover all the regions. You may loose network coverage often and may have problem with the roaming guards. There are some solutions to these but I'm not gonna explain them here. The unlock works great outside the US though.

Background:

Now with the release of 4.3 Sprint made it more difficult. The unlock uses a file called HtcOMADM_SPCS which was modified in 4.3, so the unlock no longer works.

Solution:

b)If you are S-ON. You can get S-OFF pretty easily on hboot 1.55 with rumrunner. Instructions HERE

Credits:
@O.M.J for the ruu

tanks a lot man it work for me, any idea how to get data work

Reactions: jjfmsn

elvisypi

Nov 11, 2010
Düsseldorf
Just curious guys, If I'm correct, I still have an odexed rom, but that file I need to flash is only for deodexed roms. How do I go about turning my odexed phone into deodexed?

(sorry I'm super noob with phones in general)

Thanks for anyone who helps!

You have to flash a custom ROM. All custom ROMs are deodexed. Remember you have to use a sense ROM

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Reactions: happyfuntimes7

resquedaz

Jul 17, 2012
data running very very slow

If you already can make calls than you have to change the APN in settings, mobile data, GSM/UMTS options, access point names

data is running too slow and get stock:confused: it shows this icon on notification bar GSM not 3g any idea how to fix this

myandeone

Jan 5, 2014
Limited connection emergency calls only on tmobile and att Sims, I am runnin
bad boyz Sprint one 1.3 Rom
rooted
Twrp
s-on,
used SIM unlocker from play store
changed apn settings
turned on gsm,
it says tampered unlocked,
hboot 1.55,
1.00.20.0913_3 baseband

both my Sims work in my iPhone 4, I'm so close I think I might need to s-off with rumrunner and flash radios? Please help I'm noob but I made it this far, maybe I need to ruu back to before 4.3?

resquedaz

Jul 17, 2012
change sku_id 10 to 42

There is a simple fix for the sign. If you are on 4.3 and above use a file explorer and go to system/costumize/AAC/default.xml and change sku_id 10 to 42

should i copy the file to may computer and edit it with office thanks a lot again:confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

First:

Using US carriers will be a bit tricky, cause the frequencies the phone uses do not cover all the regions. You may loose network coverage often and may have problem with the roaming guards. Some users reported that the newest radios block domestic roaming, so you can try directly solution 3 which will downgrade your radio also, or downgrade it manually by flashing THIS radio in recovery. I also suggest you try BadBoyz ROM which has forced roaming.

The unlock works great outside the US though.

Background:

Now with the release of 4.3 Sprint made it more difficult. (Note even on the 4.4.2 base nothing has changed, the process is the same) The unlock uses a file called HtcOMADM_SPCS which was modified in 4.3, so the unlock no longer works.

Solution:

b)If you are S-ON.
    You can get S-OFF pretty easily on hboot 1.55 with rumrunner. Instructions HERE
    If you are on hboot 1.56 or newer you can get s-off with Firewater http://firewater-soff.com/instructions/

How do you check if the unlock was successful?
    Pretty simple just insert a SIM card and if you don't get the "SIMLock enabled" message than the unlock is complete.
    You may still have no bars and be unable to make calls though. Make sure you change the settings in mobile data, network mode to GSM/UMTS. If still no luck than probably the phone doesn't cover your carrier's frequencies.
    If you have signal, but can't use the internet make sure the APN settings match your carrier.

Credits:
    @O.M.J for the ruu

I have to do the first, the second or the third solution of this page ? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2586704
    Because the guide is for Android 4.3 and i think i will be on 4.4.2
    Unlock, flash custom recovery, flash deodexed Sense 4.3 ROM, flash OMADM zip, install unlock app, run unlock app, revert to release radio if it's for US use.
    Ok, I have no idea what is flashing in recovery in step 1. I don't understand it at all even though I rooted my Sprint HTC One and its on 4.3 so I have to do this. How do I do this exactly? Please make it more detailed for me and explain what flash in recovery mean too.

Thank you.

It's like the first basic thing you learn. There must be thousands of threads on this so I highly doubt you searched. Anyway just copy the file to your phone's sd card and than reboot into recovery. Choose install, select from sd card and find the file. If you can't do this much don't even bother trying

I do not know if this is relevant but I need a small help. I tried installing the 7.1.3 Insertcoin ROM. It asked for activation of the device and I could not get past it. Eventually, I gave up on it and went back to a Nandroid backup of a Badboyz ROM. But I keep getting messages saying that it cannot be activated over GSM network and asks me to switch to CDMA Mode. Voice calls are working fine but Data seems a bit slow and sometimes hangs. I am in India and using a unlocked HTC One Sprint.
    Can anyone suggest any solutions to this problem?

If you want to use it only with a GSM network do as I say. Download the latest SVN for InsertCoin, at least rl128. Than open the rom.zip and go to additions, model, sprint, system and delete all the other folders except for lib. You'll have a fully working ROM with not a single sprint file, it'll look exactly like GSM. of course during aroma select sprint model

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Solution 1 worked for me. 4.4 firmware/Rom

Sent from my HTCONE using xda-developers app

So the flashable zip works, that's great news

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk