[Q] how to increase s advance ram by swap partion?

Search This thread

jazzsonic

Feb 8, 2012
cairo
Hi iam new here

I have s advance with android 4.1.2 stock rom and with cocore e 6.2 kernal
The problem is I like playing games on my phone like asphalt 8 but sometimes it lags and
Crash because of low free ram , the used ram is about 515 . So I heard about a method to increase
Ram capacity by swap partion . So I was wondring if this method works on my phone ? and will it
Make Games run faster and wont make any problems to the phone ?
Please respond

Thanx

Last edited:

Sami Kabir

Oct 3, 2012
AFAIK those things are for phones with only 512 MB (or less) RAM.. I also heard that using your external SD card as ram for long time can damage it. But I don't know if that's true...

Like many other latest games, Asphalt 8 is a very "heavy" game.. so it requires newer and better hardware.. our phone's GPU can't handle this game with ease so that's why it lags... so its not only because of RAM, its also because of the GPU and CPU.. so I don't think it will make any drastic increase in performance or fps..

Take a look at CoCore's thread.. I think Cocafe mentioned how to use zRam and Swap using init.d scripts..

PS: Use a good Custom ROM with the latest version of CoCore kernel.. version 6.2 is quite old.. or use CM ROMs...

Sent from Nokia 3310 using XDA Premium :silly:

Last edited:

jazzsonic

Feb 8, 2012
cairo
AFAIK those things are for phones with only 512 MB (or less) RAM.. I also heard that using your external SD card as ram for long time can damage it. But I don't know if that's true...

Like many other latest games, Asphalt 8 is a very "heavy" game.. so it requires newer and better hardware.. our phone's GPU can't handle this game with ease so that's why it lags... so its not only because of RAM, its also because of the GPU and CPU.. so I don't think it will make any drastic increase in performance or fps..

Take a look at CoCore's thread.. I think Cocafe mentioned how to use zRam and Swap using init.d scripts..

PS: Use a good Custom ROM with the latest version of CoCore kernel.. version 6.2 is quite old.. or use CM ROMs...

Sent from Nokia 3310 using XDA Premium :silly:

Thanks for replaying . not only asphalt 8 lags but also some other games like sonic dash and temple run ..etc
And I downloaded and installed cocore e 8 it made my battry runs out fast so installed cocore 6.2 which saves battry .
And idont know alot about custom roms but you may tell me the best one and has no bugs . :)

D

Deleted member 5380840

CM 10.2 latest build is very good. Extremely stable. Battery is decent, still less than satisfactory. No bugs AFAIK . No random reboots. No force closes. Games that work very smoothly - temple run (all versions),subway surfers, dead trigger 1 & 2 ,GTA vice city.
Asphalt 8 lags when started but settles down afterwards and works decently.
P.S. - Don't judge your phone performance on basis of used RAM. Jelly bean is supposed to use more RAM.
Hope I helped. :)

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda premium

Reactions: Sami Kabir

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 5380840
    CM 10.2 latest build is very good. Extremely stable. Battery is decent, still less than satisfactory. No bugs AFAIK . No random reboots. No force closes. Games that work very smoothly - temple run (all versions),subway surfers, dead trigger 1 & 2 ,GTA vice city.
    Asphalt 8 lags when started but settles down afterwards and works decently.
    P.S. - Don't judge your phone performance on basis of used RAM. Jelly bean is supposed to use more RAM.
    Hope I helped. :)

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda premium