[Q&A][VivoKat][4.4.4]VivoKat Questions & Answers

Search This thread

RmatriX1218

Feb 2, 2012
vadodara
While following your JB and KK development threads, most of bugs are contributed to Cynogenmod.
@szezso Once you talked about slimkat base. Have you ever seriously worked on that to check these bug status?

poondog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 11, 2011
Melbourne
I got this info from your bank account mark ;)

Hit that "thanks" button!

You must be kidding about the thanks button :)

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

While following your JB and KK development threads, most of bugs are contributed to Cynogenmod.
@szezso Once you talked about slimkat base. Have you ever seriously worked on that to check these bug status?

I strongly suggest slimkat. IMO its superior and stable on my N7

konradpt

Jul 14, 2013
Warsaw
I installed stable 2.1 and had wifi problems. So as someone suggested I installed tesco 3.5.3 over 3.5.4 and wifi now works well. But still I see bugs:
- battery, extremely fast going down
- video recording/playing not works
- mms send/receive not work
About MMS I noticed works only when you are connected to any wifi network. I you use any GPRS network MMS stops working. MMS issue doesn't work also on jb and earlier versions.

Luckyone199

Jul 21, 2012
Riga
I really hope, that there is realesed a VivoKat version wihtout bugs soon or some other rom, because otherwise I will be switching back to 4.1.2, and I really don't want to do that. :crying:
But even besides that - thanks Szezso for all of your work, and again - good luck with solving these issues you have there. :good:
Wi-fi acts really weird with VivoKat. At first I didn't notice it, but now it works just when it wants to.
And battery was pretty bad in the first couple of days, but after few - it, just like, gets it's life back and is working like any other ROM would.
I'm actually sitting still on stable #2, and maybe it's different in 2.1, but the notification drawer seems a little bit laggy. Other than that - it's smooth peace of... hmmm.... pumpkin? :)

Inferno7202

Aug 28, 2012
Just a thought

Instead of CM rom , How good are the chances of porting
1.Slimkat
2.Omini
3.Paranoid
4.Carbon

I m saying this because all the issue in szezso's rom are from the source issue and not from szezso himself (every one know what he is capable of) so may be shifting base of rom can result in stable rom.
I'm am totally onboard with paranoid android. It's amazing. But szezso will always have the final say. I'm good with anything he releases :)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

poondog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 11, 2011
Melbourne
I'm am totally onboard with paranoid android. It's amazing. But szezso will always have the final say. I'm good with anything he releases :)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The reason its a CM base as opposed to AOSP it because CM has much more features. AOSP is pretty boring in comparison. I always run a custom ROM on my Nexus 7 because AOSP lacks customization
As for PA, Omni etc.. thats up to szezso. I am all for Slim or PA

nik0p0lidis

Jan 23, 2014
mic problems

@szeszo first of all thank you for the great job, my Incredible S was never so fast and smooth!
Sorry, English is not my native language but I try to explain what problem I have:
Microphone doesn't work in apps (whatsapp, shazam, recorder..), when I try to use mic, phone hangs and restarts itself...
Please help me, can't see anyone raised this question, so may be I made something wrong during installation?:confused: I just followed instructions found somewhere here to S-OFF and install your ROM..:(
would really appreciate your help

dasalcedo

Nov 15, 2011
Phone Rebooting

Hi guys,

I just installed this room and all was ok until it started to reboot after a while. Now I can't access to recovery and I'm stuck in a useless phone for now. I just installed the latest version of the rom with the last gapps. My SDcard is mounted. What can I do?

Cheers

technoid1964

Mar 11, 2013
Vancouver
Hi guys,

I just installed this room and all was ok until it started to reboot after a while. Now I can't access to recovery and I'm stuck in a useless phone for now. I just installed the latest version of the rom with the last gapps. My SDcard is mounted. What can I do?

Cheers

Does your phone show up as a device when you plug it into a computer? Android Device, HTC phone or ADB device?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

dasalcedo

Nov 15, 2011
Does your phone show up as a device when you plug it into a computer? Android Device, HTC phone or ADB device?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

Hi technoid1964 thanks for your response. Yes, the phone show up as a device when i plug it into a computer but only when is on. If I turn on the phone and do a few clicks is ok but after that it reboots.

Cheers

dasalcedo

Nov 15, 2011
Ok, I could recover my phone with ADB. I reinstalled again with no problems now. It seems that Viber was the application that triggered the reboots as I was setting it up with wifi when it happened.

Now I'm on mobile network and Viber is still creating trouble as it freezes my mobile. I have to remove the battery and turn the phone on again.

Cheers.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created for Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting[/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]VivoKat 4.4.4[/SIZE]
    qYBKXJG.jpg

For the HTC Incredible S

Click link here>> [DEV][ROM][CM11][4.4.4][KTU84Q]VivoKat[ION][20/09/2014] <<Click link here

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help

It's always best to thank a ROM OP in lieu of simply posting "thankyou".
    z7e6jQa.jpg

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP
    z7e6jQa.jpg
    Now the WiFi issues seems to be fixed, but I've messed up my headers, so it has genlock errors... :D Rebuilding... :p
    Hi !

is there a solution/method to keep on home screen icons of apps or games installed on SDcard ? Indeed, these icons disappear from home screen :(

No, this is an Android, I have this on my Express also. May, if you Force close the Launcher3, your icons will appear again.

RmatriX1218: Okay, ehm, to fix the video recording, we need to include the latest msm/video drivers from CAF. If I include that, I need to include the latest ion and GPU drivers also. But, with the latest GPU drivers, our MDDI screen doesn't work, because they've pulled out the support of it. So, I have to solve this somehow, I'm working on this for a week now... The only thing, what I've got was a blank screen. :( But I didn't give it up...
    @szezso
    At present you are working hard mainly for two fronts
    1. Making ION kernel compatible with CM11 ROM on our legacy device
    2. Shroting out CM11 issues on our device which are also faced by other latest devices on CM11. So, you are working on behalf of CM team.

My suggestion,
    Isn't it worth to wait for CM team and other developers to solve of CM11 related issue to make it stable ROM before starting implementing on our legacy device.
    Meanwhile, with less effort you can concentrate either CM10.x ROM to make it rock stable and may be compatible with ION kernel.

We all know how much efforts you are putting in solving CM11 bugs and ION kernel. But without success could be frustrating and even tasting success at lower CM10.x version could be quite pleasant experience and victory for IncS community considering a legacy device :)

I think, for CM10.x we should use PMEM, still with that, we won't have any problems. :) If someone could help me, what bugs should be fixed in the CM10.x ROMs, I'll take a shot... But I'll also roll out another KitKat ROM soon...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Express GT-I8730
    Let's begin the fun! :)