Need help installing 4EXTRecovery on sd card

Search This thread

htcp85

May 4, 2010
New Jersey
this is weird.
Try switching off on the phone and trying again.
If it hangs on htc screen, use the tiny reset button under battery cover to reboot, don't pull the battery
after it reboots, go to services/dmesg to sd
look on sdcard for dmesg.txt using pc and post it here.

It didn't stuck on htc logo, stay there like for 5 seconds and then reboot automatically. I will do it when I get home

htcp85

May 4, 2010
New Jersey
Have a question , if I wipe ( task29 ), and then installed magldr what happen with the radio. Do I have to installed again.

lolerpro8

Jan 14, 2013
Why dont you just flash the recovery instead of booting it from sdcard

Sent from my leo using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London
Have a question , if I wipe ( task29 ), and then installed magldr what happen with the radio. Do I have to installed again.

It shouldn't do but it depends on how you installed the radio http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=26324447&postcount=2
I think it could be a radio problem from the dmesg (just from googling error messages, i am not a dev;))
Might be worth (re)installing radio anyway. links in wiki work http://xdaforums.com/wiki/HTC_HD2

flashing a nand recovery might work, as lolerpro8 says. but i think you need to put on a cwm recovery first, then flash a nand recovery from Xylograph's list that supports NativeSD.

htcp85

May 4, 2010
New Jersey
I found another link for the 4extrecovery and this one works, I installed 4extrecovery with no problems then installed the rom, turn off phone then boots but after htc logo stuck on black screen with backlight. Take out battery and same thing stuck in same place, any thoughts.

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London
I found another link for the 4extrecovery and this one works, I installed 4extrecovery with no problems then installed the rom, turn off phone then boots but after htc logo stuck on black screen with backlight. Take out battery and same thing stuck in same place, any thoughts.
So after all this, your third recovery worked, which one from where?
Which rom?
NativeSD? just checking;)
What size fat 32 and ext4 primary partitions?
What card?
How long did you wait before pulling battery?
dmesg? remember to use button to reset (good idea to never pull battery since can bend pins, but try not to use pen or pencil which can leave deposits over time)
More info the better.
Android will be coming to a phone near you soon:fingers-crossed:

htcp85

May 4, 2010
New Jersey
Ok I was watching the video again and saw the file name and Google it , the file for the 4extrecovery he have is this one recovery_4EXT2.2.7_leo_sd.zip from here http://www2.zippyshare.com/v/30845737/file.html
ROM Nexushd2-jellybean-CM10.1.3 v2.7 , Nativesd, 8gb PNY HC class 10, fat32 5.4Gb ext4 2Gb.
Going to do everything again an let's see what happen

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts