S-Pen Features in CM11?

Search This thread

Cav3

Oct 4, 2011
Hi I Love the Idea of CM11 and its near stock Android feel. but i dont wanna loose my S-pen Features such as the hover/click/launcher wheel thing. + sticky notes and the handwriting to text recognition.

I have looked around but i dont see any thing saying if it works or not. Could someone please varify if any of the above things do or don work.

I dont mind installing some samsung apps to make it work.

Thanks

Rosli59564

Mar 10, 2013
Hi I Love the Idea of CM11 and its near stock Android feel. but i dont wanna loose my S-pen Features such as the hover/click/launcher wheel thing. + sticky notes and the handwriting to text recognition.

I have looked around but i dont see any thing saying if it works or not. Could someone please varify if any of the above things do or don work.

Thanks

GMD SPen Control maybe the 1 you looking for

BobbyHenceMcGee

Oct 3, 2010
Australia

Thanks

To get the full use of the S-Pen you need Touchwiz UI installed. Since the S-Pen is literally a Samsung-only piece of hardware.
Of course this would well and truly remove most of the "Near stock android feel" you like so much. So your best bet is just doing exactly what the guy above me said. GMD software is actually fantastic, when I was using CM on my original Note I always installed GMD first and foremost.
Back then it was purely gesture-based, I haven't used it in years though so it might be even better now.
You should know that there are always alternatives to CM as well that keep TouchWiz and S-Pen functionality but try to keep the UI as a whole, stock. I can't name any off the top of my head but I'm sure a little research on your behalf through the "Android/Original Android Development" threads will bare great results.
Best luck to you. :highfive:

Edit: Just noticed that GMD have come along way since I last used them!
Play Store GMD Apps
Now they have an app that nearly perfectly clones the Air Command menu.

Last edited: