[Q] Sixaxis Controller Wont Pair With Galaxy S5

Search This thread

DeathDemon112

May 29, 2014
Hi

I just got a Samsung Galaxy S5 two weeks ago and I can't get the sixaxis controller to pair with my ps3 controller. It is a dual shock 3 just so you know. My phone is also rooted but running stock 4.4.2 and I really don't want to install cyanogen mod. So I plug my DS3 into my pc and install sixaxis pair tool and pair it using my phones bluetooth address. It says master updated and then i unplug it and press start on my Sixaxis controller app on my S5. I then press the PS button and the lights just keep flashing red and on my phone it is stuck on listening for controllers. I also tried pairing it with Motion In Joy and during the pairing process, if you use Motion In Joy, you have to type the bluetooth address backwards, which I did, and it still wont work.

For example, instead of 1D:4G:N9 you would type N9:4G:1D. So you type it in reverse order, not really backwards.

I tried the same thing with my rooted HTC Desire HD running 4.4.2 Cyanogen Mod 11. I did it with Motion In Joy and it worked perfectly so I know that I am typing the address backwards properly.

So my main question is, is there any way to get Sixaxis controller to work on a rooted galaxy s5 running stock 4.4.2 without cyanogen mod?
I am pretty sure the answer is no but I wanted to make sure before I install cyanogen mod. Right now it doesn't even have CWM.

Thanks in advance.

DeathDemon112

May 29, 2014
you ever solve this problem??

No. I just decided that I'm not gonna install cyanogen so I can't use my ps3 controller.
Although now I'm thinking that if there is a way to control your android from your pc. Like maybe vnc or something. So we could set that up and then maybe use motion in joy to control our pc. So using your ps3 controller to control you PC and using your PC to control your phone. But I haven't tried this yet and I'm assuming it will he very laggy and I'm not even sure if there is an app that allows your PC to control your phone in the way I want. Like the way I want is that pressing x on your ps3 will press x on your PC and pressing x on my PC will press somewhere around the bottom left of he phone screen. Maybe if I find time for this I will tell you guys if anything worked.

RobertPaulson

Sep 27, 2007
Portland, OR
I installed Xposed Installer and then downloaded the Bluetooth Unlock 1.1.1 module. Tick the "all files" option in the Bluetooth Unlock module. Next, select preferences/settings/general settings and tick the Auto Start option in the Sixaxis Controller app. Restart your device. Wait for the Sixaxis app to start. Open Sixaxis and Stop the driver (I don't know why you have to do this but you do). Now, start the Sixaxis driver again. Press the PS button on the previously paired controller. It SHOULD connect.
Remember that the Sixaxis app will keep your screen on, so auto start Is not ideal but it seems that there is some interplay between the Sixaxis app/Bluetooth Unlocker and the BT protocols on startup.

DeathDemon112

May 29, 2014
I installed Xposed Installer and then downloaded the Bluetooth Unlock 1.1.1 module. Tick the "all files" option in the Bluetooth Unlock module. Next, select preferences/settings/general settings and tick the Auto Start option in the Sixaxis Controller app. Restart your device. Wait for the Sixaxis app to start. Open Sixaxis and Stop the driver (I don't know why you have to do this but you do). Now, start the Sixaxis driver again. Press the PS button on the previously paired controller. It SHOULD connect.
Remember that the Sixaxis app will keep your screen on, so auto start Is not ideal but it seems that there is some interplay between the Sixaxis app/Bluetooth Unlocker and the BT protocols on startup.

Wow thank you it works.

Smythius

Oct 19, 2014
West Coast
Where is the Bluetooth Unlock Module?

Where do you get the Bluetooth Unlock 1.1.1 module? I Have the Xposed Installer v. 2.6.1 and don not see it in the list of downloads.! :(

EDIT: nm, didn't know the name had changed. got everything working now.

Last edited:

r-l

Jan 8, 2011
Rotterdam
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE

Thank you very much. i'm running de s5 port on my note 3 and this was a big problem for me.

Reactions: titolito24
didnt work for me!:(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @RobertPaulson

Worked for me thanks =)
    @youngJBoiii
    its name has changed
    Bluetooth Toolkit is the new Module name

Thank you very much. i'm running de s5 port on my note 3 and this was a big problem for me.
    Freeze the bluetooth share apk and it should work every time. It interferes with the drivers in the app