Chome Weather 2.0 - "The fun continues..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

johmann

Jan 18, 2008
I figured that it was just a txt field entry. Perhaps the "fair" was just a few spaces shorter than the other identifiers. As I said, all of the other ones work (they, of course, are longer in txt length). You could probably just add a few more spaces and it would be fixed.

I fixed this on my Blackjack by shortening the width on the TestUI panel to 180. The text wraps around on the shorter text now, and so far hasn't affected anything else.

Thanks again Organic . . . awesome app!

forgot to include this - I made the change to the .cpr file

Last edited:

germansak

Jan 22, 2008
La Plata
If you have these kind of problems... Just turn that option off. I DID mention in the first post that it's not for everybody and will cause problems sometimes. I will try to come up with a better solution, but as long as STK is installed (not necessarily even running) it will create problems. Just turn that off for now and reboot the phone if you want to see an updated forecast.

Yeah, I KNOW. In fact I had that option turned off. I was trying to give Outerdepth some feedback about the modifications he made (it actually works well but with this side effect on my phone, at least). I really don't care rebooting, because the software you made really worth it. Congratulations on this excellent piece of work.
Cheers

carrots99

Jul 8, 2007
Cacém, Sintra
500px.com
Hi OrganicM,

In addition I added the current conditions to the condensed line of the current forcast.
I have made a few modifications to the CHome_240x320.cpr file to allow for word wrap to show up for the condesced title of the current slide and then made changes so that the extended forcast to fit.

I hope this helps or if anybody else wants the looks they can use the two files.

Paul

made a slight change to the chome_240x320.cpr file to make a small adjustment.

How do you do to make the layout in the regular mode show up correctly? Because with me, I can't see the background correctly, neither the rest of the info about the current weather (it's like the iphone layout stays activated like stated by another user)...other thing is that i can't see the hi and low temperature...

ruinertt

Apr 28, 2008
Georgia
I fixed this on my Blackjack by shortening the width on the TestUI panel to 180. The text wraps around on the shorter text now, and so far hasn't affected anything else.

Thanks again Organic . . . awesome app!

forgot to include this - I made the change to the .cpr file

Which part, specifically? Did you edit Chome_320x240 or Ifathtc?

<!-- TestUIPlugintemplates -->
<Layer ID="TestUIPluginExpanded" Visible="False" Width="320" Height="120">
<Layer ID="Page">

<!-- Icon in the center -->
<Image ID="Icon" Left="170" Top="17" Width="140" Height="90" />

<!-- Tomorrow's Icon -->
<Image ID="Image 3" Left="160" Top="30" Width="45" Height="25" />

<!-- Current Temp -->
<Text ID="Text 1" Left="15" Top="25" Width="100" Height="100" FontFamily="Nina" FontSize="24" FontStyle="Regular" Wrap="True" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter"></Text>
<Text ID="Text 2" Left="80" Top="25" Width="100" Height="100" FontFamily="Nina" FontSize="24" FontStyle="Regular" Wrap="True" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter"></Text>

<Text ID="PageCounter" Left="150" Top="13" Width="60" Height="20" FontFamily="Nina" FontSize="12" FontStyle="Regular" Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Right" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter"></Text>

<Layer ID="TextPanel">
<!-- Line 1 -->
<Text ID="Text 1" Left="17" Top="72" Width="120" Height="40" FontFamily="Nina" FontSize="7" FontStyle="Regular" Wrap="True" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter"></Text>
<!-- Icon for Line 1 -->
<Image ID="Image 1" Left="190" Top="40" Width="45" Height="25"/>
<!-- Line 2 -->
<Text ID="Text 2" Left="23" Top="45" Width="120" Height="120" FontFamily="Nina" FontSize="18" FontStyle="Bold" Wrap="False" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter"></Text>
</Layer>
</Layer>
</Layer>

Last edited:

Rip Syntaxx

Apr 8, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Trouble connecting?!

Has anyone noticed the TestUIPlugin panel has trouble connecting to the internet at times? After I've autoupdated several times, sometimes the prompt "Connect to the internet first" comes up randomly. At this time the EDGE network IS available, I might add.

Jan 27, 2008
Houston
Has anyone noticed the TestUIPlugin panel has trouble connecting to the internet at times? After I've autoupdated several times, sometimes the prompt "Connect to the internet first" comes up randomly. At this time the EDGE network IS available, I might add.

Yeah, I get this too.

Also, could the differences between the layout options (1,2, or 3) for the slim and standard panel schemes be explained...please?

polishpride

Jun 2, 2008
Not showing up

My 10 day weather panels are not working. All it says is to push the center button to update, but doesnt give me the 10 day weather but just an update of todays weather panel up above it.

lukybandit

Retired Moderator
Jul 5, 2005
Mississauga

I get that too. Wierd and everything else would be working fine (like opera, IE).

NRGZ28

Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD
Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers

It happens to me also. Windows Mobile is like that... sometimes it wont reconnect to your GPRS connection until you reboot. And FYI, it's not the panel itself that does the connecting... it's the script that I wrote, in the background, that does ALL the work. The panel just displays the output of weather.mscr ;)

NRGZ28

Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
Yeah, I get this too.

Also, could the differences between the layout options (1,2, or 3) for the slim and standard panel schemes be explained...please?

Nothing to do with that AT ALL. If it cant connect it's because IE returned a message to weather.mscr saying it's unable to make a connection to www.yahoo.com, for whatever reason. I COULD make it an option to take that check away, but it probably wont update anyway.

bechevin@mail.ru

May 13, 2007
Ekaterinburg
I made new .cpr for portret home screen.
I hope it be cool for PORTRET people :)
it works fine with Standart Layot with back & set 2 on the WM6.1 Mteor
but i can't upload my home screen for org...:)mad: admin)
just copy this section to yours .cpr's

<!-- OperatorServices layout templates -->
<Layer ID="OperatorServicesExpanded" Visible="False" Width="240" Height="130">
<Layer ID="Page">
<!-- Icon on left side -->
<Image ID="Icon" Left="9" Top="10" Width="22" Height="22"/>
<!-- Large picture in Center -->
<Image ID="Image 1" Left="0" Top="40" Width="95" Height="70" />
<!-- Title text -->
<Text ID="Text 1" Left="43" Top="10" Width="118" Height="22" FontFamily="Segoe Condensed" FontSize="8" FontStyle="Regular" Wrap="False" VerticalAlignment="Middle" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter"></Text>
<Text ID="PageCounter" Left="171" Top="10" Width="50" Height="22" FontFamily="Segoe Condensed" FontSize="9" FontStyle="Regular" Wrap="False" VerticalAlignment="Middle" HorizontalAlignment="Center" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter"></Text>
<Layer ID="TextPanel">
<!-- Line 1 -->
<Text ID="Text 1" Left="90" Top="45" Width="145" Height="23" FontFamily="Segoe Condensed" FontSize="10" FontStyle="Bold" Wrap="False" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter"></Text>
<!-- Icon for Line 1 not currently used -->
<!-- Line 2 -->
<Text ID="Text 2" Left="90" Top="68" Width="145" Height="50" FontFamily="Segoe Condensed" FontSize="7" FontStyle="Regular" Wrap="True" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter"></Text>
</Layer>
</Layer>
</Layer>
<Layer ID="OperatorServicesCondensed" Visible="False" Width="240" Height="36">
<Layer ID="Page">
<Image ID="Icon" Left="9" Top="7" Width="22" Height="22" Opacity="0.8"/>
<!-- Title or Condensed Line 1 -->
<Text ID="Text 1" Left="43" Top="7" Width="188" Height="22" FontFamily="Segoe Condensed" FontSize="9" FontStyle="Regular" Wrap="False" VerticalAlignment="Middle" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter" Opacity="0.8"></Text>
</Layer>
</Layer>
<!-- Notification templates -->
<Layer ID="NotificationExpanded" Visible="False" Width="240" Height="130">
<Layer ID="Page">
<Image ID="Icon" Left="9" Top="10" Width="22" Height="22"/>
<Image ID="Image 1" Left="12" Top="45" Width="44" Height="44" />

<!-- Title text -->
<Text ID="Text 1" Left="43" Top="10" Width="118" Height="22" FontFamily="Segoe Condensed" FontSize="9" FontStyle="Bold" Wrap="False" VerticalAlignment="Middle" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter"></Text>
<Text ID="PageCounter" Left="171" Top="10" Width="50" Height="22" FontFamily="Segoe Condensed" FontSize="9" FontStyle="Regular" Wrap="False" VerticalAlignment="Middle" HorizontalAlignment="Center" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter"></Text>
<Layer ID="TextPanel">
<!-- Line 1 -->
<Text ID="Text 1" Left="65" Top="45" Width="166" Height="23" FontFamily="Segoe Condensed" FontSize="10" FontStyle="Bold" Wrap="False" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter"></Text>
<!-- Icon for Line 1 not currently used -->
<!-- Line 2 -->
<Text ID="Text 2" Left="65" Top="71" Width="166" Height="19" FontFamily="Segoe Condensed" FontSize="9" FontStyle="Regular" Wrap="False" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter"></Text>
</Layer>
</Layer>
</Layer>
<Layer ID="NotificationCondensed" Visible="False" Width="240" Height="36">
<Layer ID="Page">
<Image ID="Icon" Left="9" Top="7" Width="22" Height="22" Opacity="0.8"/>
<!-- Title used to display No Notifications-->
<Text ID="Text 1" Left="43" Top="7" Width="188" Height="22" FontFamily="Segoe Condensed" FontSize="9" FontStyle="Bold" Wrap="False" VerticalAlignment="Middle" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter" Opacity="0.8"></Text>
<!-- Series of image & text pairs -->
<Image ID="Image 1" Left="41" Top="8" Width="20" Height="20" Opacity="0.8"/>
<Text ID="Text 2" Left="63" Top="8" Width="27" Height="20" FontFamily="Segoe Condensed" FontSize="9" FontStyle="Bold" Wrap="False" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter" Opacity="0.8"></Text>
<Image ID="Image 2" Left="90" Top="8" Width="20" Height="20" Opacity="0.8"/>
<Text ID="Text 3" Left="112" Top="8" Width="27" Height="20" FontFamily="Segoe Condensed" FontSize="9" FontStyle="Bold" Wrap="False" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter" Opacity="0.8"></Text>
<Image ID="Image 3" Left="139" Top="8" Width="20" Height="20" Opacity="0.8"/>
<Text ID="Text 4" Left="161" Top="8" Width="27" Height="20" FontFamily="Segoe Condensed" FontSize="9" FontStyle="Bold" Wrap="False" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter" Opacity="0.8"></Text>
<Image ID="Image 4" Left="188" Top="8" Width="20" Height="20" Opacity="0.8"/>
<Text ID="Text 5" Left="210" Top="8" Width="27" Height="20" FontFamily="Segoe Condensed" FontSize="9" FontStyle="Bold" Wrap="False" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter" Opacity="0.8"></Text>
</Layer>
</Layer>

<!-- TestUIPlugintemplates -->
<Layer ID="TestUIPluginExpanded" Visible="False" Width="240" Height="130">
<Layer ID="Page">
<Image ID="Icon" Left="4" Top="6" Width="232" Height="116" Opacity="0.7"/>
<Image ID="Image 1" Left="135" Top="25" Width="102" Height="80" />

<!-- Title text -->
<Text ID="Text 1" Left="10" Top="6" Width="200" Height="22" FontFamily="Segoe Condensed" FontSize="9" FontStyle="Bold" Wrap="False" VerticalAlignment="Middle" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter"></Text>
<Text ID="PageCounter" Left="171" Top="6" Width="50" Height="22" FontFamily="Segoe Condensed" FontSize="9" FontStyle="Regular" Wrap="False" VerticalAlignment="Middle" HorizontalAlignment="Center" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter"></Text>
<Layer ID="TextPanel">
<!-- Line 1 -->
<Text ID="Text 1" Left="10" Top="25" Width="128" Height="120" FontFamily="Segoe Condensed" FontSize="9" FontStyle="Regular" Wrap="True" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter"></Text>
<!-- Icon for Line 1 -->
<Image ID="Image 1" Left="135" Top="50" Width="20" Height="20"/>
<!-- Line 2 -->
<Text ID="Text 2" Left="10" Top="50" Width="180" Height="100" FontFamily="Segoe Condensed" FontSize="9" FontStyle="Regular" Wrap="False" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter"></Text>
</Layer>
</Layer>
</Layer>
<Layer ID="TestUIPluginCondensed" Visible="False" Width="240" Height="36">
<Layer ID="Page">
<Image ID="CIcon" Source=".\cweather.png" Left="9" Top="7" Width="22" Height="22" Opacity="0.8"/>
<!-- Title used to display No Notifications-->
<Text ID="Text 1" Left="43" Top="7" Width="190" Height="22" FontFamily="Segoe Condensed" FontSize="9" FontStyle="Regular" Wrap="False" VerticalAlignment="Middle" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter" Opacity="0.8"></Text>
<!-- Series of image & text pairs -->
<Image ID="Image 1" Left="41" Top="8" Width="20" Height="20" Opacity="0.8"/>
<Text ID="Text 2" Left="63" Top="8" Width="27" Height="20" FontFamily="Segoe Condensed" FontSize="6" FontStyle="Regular" Wrap="True" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter" Opacity="0.8"></Text>
<Image ID="Image 2" Left="90" Top="8" Width="20" Height="20" Opacity="0.8"/>
<Text ID="Text 3" Left="112" Top="8" Width="27" Height="20" FontFamily="Segoe Condensed" FontSize="6" FontStyle="Regular" Wrap="True" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter" Opacity="0.8"></Text>
<Image ID="Image 3" Left="139" Top="8" Width="20" Height="20" Opacity="0.8"/>
<Text ID="Text 4" Left="161" Top="8" Width="27" Height="20" FontFamily="Segoe Condensed" FontSize="6" FontStyle="Regular" Wrap="True" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter" Opacity="0.8"></Text>
<Image ID="Image 4" Left="188" Top="8" Width="20" Height="20" Opacity="0.8"/>
<Text ID="Text 5" Left="210" Top="8" Width="27" Height="20" FontFamily="Segoe Condensed" FontSize="6" FontStyle="Regular" Wrap="True" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter" Opacity="0.8"></Text>
</Layer>
</Layer>

Jan 27, 2008
Houston
Nothing to do with that AT ALL. If it cant connect it's because IE returned a message to weather.mscr saying it's unable to make a connection to www.yahoo.com, for whatever reason. I COULD make it an option to take that check away, but it probably wont update anyway.

Oh. I meant that connection error is happening to me too. And then, on a side note, i was wondering if the differences between the 3 layout numbers for the slim and standard layout schemes could be explained, either in thread, or in the program itself.

NRGZ28

Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
How about setting each layout number and looking at it on the homescreen ? It should be pretty obvious...

robs23

Oct 8, 2006
My 10 day weather panels are not working. All it says is to push the center button to update, but doesnt give me the 10 day weather but just an update of todays weather panel up above it.

Yes, I had the same (funny coincidence as I'm from Poland too:)) but I figured out it was caused by the iPhone layout... I switched to NRG slim layout, phone restarted ... and now I enjoy 10 days forecast (even with proper days order!:))

OrganicM - You're the man! Thank You a lot for your time and support!

The only thing - sometimes when I'm updating the forecast it stops on 50% and I need to wait about 15 minutes till it finishes...

Many Regards, Robert.

Status
Not open for further replies.