Invisible shield HD2

Search This thread

Mu5ic92

Apr 3, 2010
just finished installing my new invisible shield on my HD2. during the process of installing the it, phone did seem to get a bit wet so im going to follow the advice to let it dry out for out 12 to 24 hours before turning it back on. the process of applying the shield is different compared to ones i have bought before. now a small package with a sponge is included and instead of a squeegee a installation card is used which i feel works much better to take out the small bubbles after. the shield fits just right covering the screen and a little extra beyond that. if anything i will update once i have let it dry out a bit and report back on how the screen reacts to the shield being on it and the screen sensitivity to touch.

forelli

Jan 26, 2009
Kashyyyk, Galactic Empire
HTC Leo
Not so good

Hi all,
I bought the IS full body for HD2 and I'm very disappointed! It's called full body but there are just too many open spots. I had my first IS on my I900, and the full body covered everything except the camera lens, volume and camera keys, and the call keys. The HD2 is covered, but I won't call it full body because the Omnia was better covered. Those who installed it know what I'm talking about, for example on the back of the phone, between the cover and both the upper and lower part, you have some space, on the side, where the volume buttons are, the upper part (when you put the phone with the screen up) is not covered, and the half of the bottom, where the 3.5 jack and usb socket are, is not covered. There are other spots, hard to define, and most of all, when after taking all the bubbles away, some liquid is still there and guess what it will turn into when dry? Yeah, bubbles...

zeemoo

Mar 30, 2010
I wanted to ask .. does the full Invisible shield of the HD2 ( screen and the back ) better or the just back only ??
I mean does the Invisible shield of the screen will reduce the sensitive of the touch on the screen ??
please because I want to buy it so which one I buy
just back or the both ??

spoogedemon

Dec 23, 2009
you can only buy
front - for the display
or
full body kit - for the display and 3 cut pieces for the back

yes, the one for the front will reduce the sensitivity compared to without one.
after the installation it sucks, but getting better each day.
after a few days it is ok, also to use swype for instance, without any problems.

so the full body kit is absolutely great, and i never will use a mobile device without such a nice protection.

utbiglall

Feb 28, 2008
I just bought one on ebay

Look at item, 180488642102 (can't post links since I rarely reply on the forum)

Installation was a breeze and much quicker than a zagg and in my opinion a cleaner look. My buddy wanted one, but didn't want to use their screen protector, so I asked if they would just sell the pieces for the housing. They said yes and all you have to do is buy the screen protector, item 170466295030 and put in the order notes that you want the housing pieces only. I would send them a note first.

This should save some $$$ and you could get the housing protector for around $6.

RKnight1983

Apr 10, 2008
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.facebook.com
Hi all,
I bought the IS full body for HD2 and I'm very disappointed! It's called full body but there are just too many open spots. I had my first IS on my I900, and the full body covered everything except the camera lens, volume and camera keys, and the call keys. The HD2 is covered, but I won't call it full body because the Omnia was better covered. Those who installed it know what I'm talking about, for example on the back of the phone, between the cover and both the upper and lower part, you have some space, on the side, where the volume buttons are, the upper part (when you put the phone with the screen up) is not covered, and the half of the bottom, where the 3.5 jack and usb socket are, is not covered. There are other spots, hard to define, and most of all, when after taking all the bubbles away, some liquid is still there and guess what it will turn into when dry? Yeah, bubbles...

I believe that is why they have the New Maximum Protection for the T-mobile HD2. I cant confirm until I receive the one I purchased either Monday or Tuesday. According to the description I thought it said that the maximum protection is supposed to cover virtually everything you would wanna protect and is able to be stretched to cover the extra parts.

zeemoo

Mar 30, 2010
you can only buy
front - for the display
or
full body kit - for the display and 3 cut pieces for the back

yes, the one for the front will reduce the sensitivity compared to without one.
after the installation it sucks, but getting better each day.
after a few days it is ok, also to use swype for instance, without any problems.

so the full body kit is absolutely great, and i never will use a mobile device without such a nice protection.

thank you :)
so you advise me to buy it better than the normal Protector like in amazon (Premium Crystal Clear LCD Screen Protector for HTC HD2 ) and it is 5 Pack and 5$ ... but the Invisible shield HD2 24$ :)

alvinmathew88

Apr 17, 2008
Go to zagg.com and see the difference between the two.. The invisibleshield material is stuff that they use on helicopter blades. You cannot scratch it... The cheap stuff on ebay will easily be scuffed and eventually tear..

nuron

Jan 2, 2008
Seattle
I've seen some reviews on Zagg's stuff and the screen protector is usually too thick and 'grips' your finger as you try to slide on the screen. Don't know if that's still the case but I went with Bodyguardz again since it was decent on my TP2.

dtfast1

Sep 9, 2009
don't buy the t-mobile screen protector it takes away from the clarity of the screen and the sensitivity

kcab87

Jan 5, 2008
don't buy the t-mobile screen protector it takes away from the clarity of the screen and the sensitivity

I bought them when i picked up my HD2 on release day just until i get the invisible shield on it. It does make the phones screen a bit hazy but itll do until the get proper protection.

Meanwhile, I was browsing zagg's website and came across 3 different coverage options for the invisible shield. I'll be ordering the Maximum Protection package after i type this post!!! :D

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield...es-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

Mu5ic92

Apr 3, 2010
well been using the invisble shield on my hd2 for the past day or so and i must say, im not sure if its because of the way i applied it or because it just simply made this way but iv have enjoyed having it on. i dont see absoulutly any hazyness as mentioned before, on my screen. the screen still work great just barely have to touch the screen for it to register my touch. yes u can feel the shield on but, depending on wether u have ur fingers clean or dirty does it make a diffrence when ur using it and how it feels when sliding ur fingers on the screen. also i have noticed i clean the screen less often from dirt and the oil from ur hands, so u get to see less finger smudges on the screen to. also ever since i have the protection on i handle the phone a little more loosely and freely when pulling it out of my pocket. one more thing. for those who have a tmobile hd2 which i do. if u have noticed when u look at the screen mostly during the day in sunlight u can see just barely small dots and lines arranged all over the screen. i can tell they were made to be on the screen because there arranged in a specific order kinda like to register commands and i have noticed that i can just barely see them now with the shield on. makes the screen a lil clearer. i would highly recommended it. this isnt my first device i have applyed the shield on but it certanitly is the device i have been most satisfied with it being on because of its look feel and protection. hope this helps u guys decided on wether to get it or not. also as a last note i only have the screen cover on so i cant comment on the full protection or apparently the new "maximum coverage" shield

Last edited:

RKnight1983

Apr 10, 2008
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.facebook.com
I bought them when i picked up my HD2 on release day just until i get the invisible shield on it. It does make the phones screen a bit hazy but itll do until the get proper protection.

Meanwhile, I was browsing zagg's website and came across 3 different coverage options for the invisible shield. I'll be ordering the Maximum Protection package after i type this post!!! :D

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield...es-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

I ordered my Maximum Protection on Wednesday and I am hoping to get it on Monday or Tuesday (and I paid for 2 day Air), I am going to most likely only apply the body pieces and not use the screen protection itself since the glass is really durable if you look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcEaehKWr2s and I love the sensitivity of my screen and I know on my Mom's Pre and now her Droid eris as well as my brothers Droid eris, the screen is far from as sensitive once you apply the invisible shield. I will however stick with the product because I love there protection and how it gives you a tacky feeling that make me feel allot more secure with my phone in hand. I will also be taking some pictures and possible a quick video of the Invisible Shield on my device after it is applied (I am still debating if I want to pay Best Buy $7 to apply it for me lol)

mvb23

Dec 7, 2008
This shield is perfect!

Hi,
My husband and I use the invisible shield from ZAGG. And not the full body, because it isn't really full. We have to protect and to see from the outside whos device it is. Skins from ZAGG... this is great. Easy to stick it on and it stays perfectly on. No sticky edges or something. I post some photos in this reply. The skins from ZAGG are perfect...

And we can separate the devices and won't take the wrong device to our work. (at 7.00a.m.)

The invisibleSHIELD is easy installed, but you need a lot of patience and a soft piece of fabric (don't know the right word! Doekje in dutch :p)
And keep your fingers wet! (oops! 1 picture of our cats!!! ) The pictures are made by the HTC HD2 (european version)

Last edited:

agentaaron

Aug 17, 2008
Albuquerque
I got the phantomskinz the same price as invisible shield, you get 2 of the skins, & comes in matte option!!

+1 for phantomskinz...I have been using them for awhile on all of my phones.

I have tried zagg and BSE as well and I think the phantomskinz have the least amount of "orange peel" effect and I have noticed zero reduced sensitivity from having it on there.

If you check around on sites like www.retailmenot.com...you can usually find some good coupon codes to save even more money.

...still trying to figure out why they give you two complete sets...not that im complaining, but I upgrade so often...I have never used the 2nd skin for any of the phones I have :p

On the package, they recommend dipping the skin in a bowl of warm soapy water to apply...I have always had better results using a small spray bottle with the warm soapy water to spray the skin, and using a small bowl to just dip my fingers in.

As an application tip...I have learned that applying them in the bathroom after someone has taken a shower dramatically reduced the chance of airborn dust settling on the phone while you are applying them...just remember to use warm soapy water, keep your fingers nice and wet, lots of clean paper towels or a lint free cloth, and a spare phone to use while drying.

Also...the edges that you have to fold over can be tricky to get down if the skin is still wet. After you get the large flat areas secured down...use a hair dryer and blow dry the adhesive side of the skin to dry it out a bit. the heat also makes the skin much more flexable and easier to shape to the contours of the phone.

Cheers

enadiz

Apr 1, 2010
I have used the 'full-body' protection Invisible Shield, and must say that I am not very pleased with it. The salesperson asked for about 40% of the price to help me apply it. And I figured I could do a job as well as some aunty, and so I did !

And found myself looking at Not-So-Invisible-Shield. There're 3 specks of dust that wouldn't come out even after I unpeeled it and used the sponge provided to scrub it. ANYWAY, the IS doesn't seem to change the sensitivity of the screen much, but it certainly does increase the friction, so swpye-ing might feel a little odd. But I am overall pleased with the product and protection.