[APP][4.1+] YouTube Downloader v6.7.1

1,603 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,502

Post Reply Email Thread
9th October 2015, 03:19 PM |#2681  
Flag Dongshi, Taichung
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I notice half the data is not put on the sdcard, but instead on precious internal storage.

9th October 2015, 03:46 PM |#2682  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
cool!
11th October 2015, 08:13 AM |#2683  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alemic1998

Hi!
I dont know if it is the app or my phone's problem but when i try to switch folder to SD Card, the videos can't download at all, it says download failed. if it is the app is it possible maybe to make SD card support for it? ( My system version is Lollipop 5.1 and phone: HTC One M8)

No it's not your phone. Trying to get around this too, lately. Support for Kitkat and above removable sdcards to be seen in the future, hopefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wipeDx

Ever since the last update I cannot download any Audio Only files anymore.. Instead of being their respective filetype they just are .webm's which I could encode to mp3, but then they wont MUX with 60fps videos either. Is that a problem on my end or not?

If you have AO files with webm extension, it means you downloaded the audio format OPUS. it's certain codec wrapped into a webm container. For manual MUX operations, you have to choose MP4 + M4A or WEBM (video-only) + OGG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jidanni

I notice half the data is not put on the sdcard, but instead on precious internal storage.

I don't get what you mean by "half the data".

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamesStudio

cool!

---

For who's interested, there's a new beta in the other thread.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xda_dentex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xda_dentex Ad-Free
11th October 2015, 08:18 AM |#2684  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Still, since this has happened several times, I am sure that i pressed the m4a option which still gave me a webm. But I will try to do the webm + ogg combination in the future.. If it does not work, I'll come back to you!
11th October 2015, 08:25 AM |#2685  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
let me try it ,thank u
11th October 2015, 09:24 AM |#2686  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wipeDx

... m4a option which still gave me a webm ...

Yes, please: if you find this and you're sure this is the case, please report here video title/id and exact entries clicked. Thanks.
11th October 2015, 10:09 AM |#2687  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by privcapp

woww!! very fast downloading.
I mean good work, brother. Five Star!!

LoL!!! Not really fast, according to many people... but...
wait to see the next (I hope) beta with multi-threading download...
x 4 speed.

But I first need to finish the extSdcard support for kitkat/lollipop/marshmallow (not sure it will work on kitkat, still - not sure it will work at all - )
The problem now is that I'm really under pressure on the (real) job... I fear times will be long for everything to happen. But have faith.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to xda_dentex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xda_dentex Ad-Free
11th October 2015, 11:45 AM |#2688  
Thanks Meter: 370

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xda_dentex

---
For who's interested, there's a new beta in the other thread.

It would be great to have ability to filter by user and search more by user.
I.E. clicking three dots by a video: along with related videos, an option for more by same user.

Edit:
I am currently using an old phone and did not find the Pause/Resume button, scrolled down!

Not used to having pop-up menu covering whole screen, and needing a scroll

There it is. Sorry for that.

Looking forward to multithreading, even though I have not had any throttling problems recently, (once it was at 2kb).
11th October 2015, 11:54 AM |#2689  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0d

It would be great to have ability to filter by user and search more by user.

I am currently using an old phone and ytd was removed from memory while I browsing in another app.
Dashboard now lists the files that were downloading, queued, and converting as Paused.
Is there a way to resume, (without redownloading - which takes you to formats tab and you have to select format again!)?
Clicking does not bring up anything, and long-clicking only has option to remove|delete and redownload.
Redownload would not be a problem if dashboard remembers format and retries automatically on-click without having to go back to formats tab and reselect format.

Looking forward to multithreading, even though I have not had any throttling problems recently, (once it was at 2kb).

Hello.
based in the dashboard entry type, the "forced" paused entries behave differently.
  • "Simple" downloads (no MUX required or in progress) would take you back and forth from the format tab auto-choosing the right format and continuing download (the back-and-forth behavior will be removed at some point; making this task all in background; but that's another story)
  • "Other" entries (as broken MUXs/Conversions) should be possible to resume and continue (EDIT: checked now on a 480p: it resumes closing the app both during the video and the audio download).
  • There are a couple of cases in which probably a resume is not possible and only remove|delete and redownload is shown.
    If you have this situation and if it's a simple download, if you "redownload" -> then choose the same format and don't change the filename, the file is resumed anyway. Maybe you can try this move.
    (And a wild guess; believe me, it happened: did you scroll down to the bottom where sits the "pause/resume" entry? )
Other than that, I don't know the exact state of the dashboard (if you had logging enabled, please send the log).
The Following User Says Thank You to xda_dentex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xda_dentex Ad-Free
11th October 2015, 01:54 PM |#2690  
Thanks Meter: 947

More
webm is not a good format for playing on the smartphone, since the playback is not hardware accelerated.
11th October 2015, 02:03 PM |#2691  
Thanks Meter: 370

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xda_dentex

(And a wild guess; believe me, it happened: did you scroll down to the bottom where sits the "pause/resume" entry?

Fortunately that was it. Edited previous post. Not used to old phone where popup takes whole screen, and where they are scrollable.

On another topic,
I was trying to solve an issue where wrong thumbnail kept appearing
So I backed up dashboard, emptied it, then restored
First,

Queued entries in dashboard are removed, not imported:
Code:
W/i: Removing (file not found): xxxxx_480p.mp4
V/i: Removing ID xxxxxx ]
It does not find a file so removes entry, instead it should import entry in Queued state.

Also,
Most of the thumbnails do not import:
Code:
D/i: trying to write thumbnail for xxxxxxx.mp4 -> xxx(correct ytid)
E/i: writeThumbToDiskForSelectedFile ->  null
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adfree, youtube downloader android dentex free

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)