1,603 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,502

Post Reply Email Thread
11th July 2019, 03:32 PM |#3781  
Flag Esquinzo
Thanks Meter: 699

Donate to Me
More
@xda_dentex there's any way to rip YouTube to Flac? 🤔 Maybe on the future?

11th July 2019, 03:49 PM |#3782  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,052

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertobom

Why? You'd just be saving a lossy recording in a lossless format. The result would be the same as if you converted any of your existing downloads from YouTube to flac.
11th July 2019, 04:20 PM |#3783  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:

Are there any FLAC streams available from YouTube? If not, see above in this thread.
12th July 2019, 06:50 AM |#3784  
Flag Esquinzo
Thanks Meter: 699

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmm11

Why? You'd just be saving a lossy recording in a lossless format. The result would be the same as if you converted any of your existing downloads from YouTube to flac.

It would be nice to have a lossless option. But, maybe ain't worth it.

---------- Post added at 06:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonym58

Are there any FLAC streams available from YouTube? If not, see above in this thread.

Not sure.
12th July 2019, 07:56 AM |#3785  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,724

More
Quote:

It would be nice to have a lossless option. But, maybe ain't worth it.

even though the final format (ie FLAC) is lossless, the damage (ie the losses) have already been applied before it would be saved off to FLAC.
The Following User Says Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
12th July 2019, 02:44 PM |#3786  
Flag Kerens
Thanks Meter: 1,396

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

As I said, I don't know the deep dark inner details of MP3 encoding, however, an average doesn't make logical sense to my simple understanding of using a single pass; it would need to see the "future". Further, I did find the following regarding VBR using a quick web search

http://www.mp3-tech.org/programmer/docs/mp3_theory.pdf
So that reads to me that its not an "Average", and that the "Quality" is defined as a maximum bitrate I have a vague memory that when encoding MP3 there is a separate parameter for quality distinct from bitrate, which I would *guess* allows the encoder to control the encoding speed.

I NEVER said you were stupid (whatever that means). What you consistently did however was probably an oversight in typing, and your vague use/comparison of Khz with Kbs. One being a sample rate and the other being a data rate. You and I may know the difference but others reading this thread will only get confused by the typo. Sorry if that came across as confrontational or patronizing, it wasn't my intent.

And it is well known and generally accepted that encoding, decoding and re-encoding will lose more and more quality, especially between different formats or even with the same format using variable/questionable parameters. I didn't read the full page , however a simple web search will pull up pages like: http://scruss.com/blog/2012/02/21/ge...3-re-encoding/ In a perfect world with the correct parameters that MAY not be the absolute case, but we live faaaaar from a perfect world. The two images on the page tells most of the story, for those that just want a quick glance, without any reading.

==========
A couple of corrections of what I previously said. oops
CBR is actually constant. I assumed and spoke of it as actually acting like VBR. I wrongly thought RLE encoding would of been a significant part of MP3
Mp3 encoding does use FFT as part of the encoding process, but only as part of the process / decision making.
Regarding the cups example, some water is lost because you pour the water too fast and some splashes out.

Don't use madplay/lame. Try with ffmpeg for all conversions and see if its as bad
13th July 2019, 03:29 AM |#3787  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,724

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uudruid74

Don't use madplay/lame. Try with ffmpeg for all conversions and see if its as bad

I only used lame a few years back when converting WAV to MP3 on PC, before my DAW (Digital Audio Workstation, digital music production software) didn't have option to convert to MP3

Even if that wasn't the case, are you asking someone to check the difference between one piece of dog excrement with another? I would be surprised if FFMPEG at 128kbs would be better than LAME at 192kbs, and the extra disk space is truly immaterial in today's days of terabit storage.
20th July 2019, 06:02 PM |#3788  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Have a nice day,
In the app, can we download and merge video_only and audio_only?

So it would be nice to be able to .mp4 or .mkv with both. Thanks.
Sorry for my bad English.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using XDA Labs
22nd July 2019, 06:05 AM |#3789  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Does it supports 4k videos?
23rd July 2019, 11:09 PM |#3790  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
I have tried to download this

https://youtu.be/aL4vsVlkcYI

But without success,
Any advice please

Sent from my K10 using Tapatalk
24th July 2019, 02:37 AM |#3791  
Flag Santa Cruz
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by a602820922

I have tried to download this

But without success,
Any advice please

Just downloaded it in 480 - no problems at all. Try again, & if still a problem post a log.
The Following User Says Thank You to rjm831 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rjm831 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adfree, youtube downloader android dentex free

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)