Was this thread helpful?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Franticgrin

Dec 6, 2016
Factory reset won't help, the effect it had was in system partition and factory reset doesn't touch system, it only wipes the user partition.

What you'll have to do is flash the original stock firmware.

Do a google search for:

"Return to stock (your model number)"

If it's out there that will find your stock firmware, the tools needed to flash it and instructions.

If the firmware isn't available then you'll have to find a similar device with the exact same hardware that has stock firmware available for download then extract the system.img from the firmware and flash or push that system.img to your device. You might have to find someone with your exact device and have them dump or extract the system.img from their device and upload it for you to download then use that system.img to restore your device.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I found the stock firmware, downloading from chinese website: pan.baidu....
will this change my device to chinese?

Shawn R

Feb 28, 2014
Question. I have a rooted Zeki 8" Quad Core Tablet (with Android 4.4.2 KitKat) in whch I want to install Xposed and make use of the Xposed Device Faker module. I had no problems installing the apk but I am having issues flashing the xposed-v85-sdk21-arm.zip. I went into the tablet's recovery mode and selected xposed-v85-sdk21-arm.zip (which I placed on the SD Card) and I get this error. Any idea on what's causing this error?

---EDIT---

I get the exact same error when trying to flash xposed-v85-sdk21-arm.zip through an ADB-PC connection in recovery mode.

01.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

Sreerag ag

Aug 6, 2014
Kerala
Question. I have a rooted Zeki 8" Quad Core Tablet (with Android 4.4.2 KitKat) in whch I want to install Xposed and make use of the Xposed Device Faker module. I had no problems installing the apk but I am having issues flashing the xposed-v85-sdk21-arm.zip. I went into the tablet's recovery mode and selected xposed-v85-sdk21-arm.zip (which I placed on the SD Card) and I get this error. Any idea on what's causing this error?

---EDIT---

I get the exact same error when trying to flash xposed-v85-sdk21-arm.zip through an ADB-PC connection in recovery mode.

Is that the stock recovery of your device? You have to flash it via a recovery that supports signature verification, like twrp.

Reactions: Shawn R

RawSlugs

Oct 12, 2014
Essential Phone
OnePlus 8T
I was having issue's starting wifi through settings so I tried with terminal

I did comman
"svc wifi enable" I get a response "killed"
And with "su" no response but wifi is still off
Any ideas? Do I have a hardware issue??

When I try to turn off WiFi I cant turn it back on unless I'm in airplane mode and I try alot of times

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

Sajan.stha

Dec 11, 2016
New to closed framework.

I m new to xposed framework. I m using huawei g play mini rooted phone. I want to install xposed framework, please guide me with necessary files and instruction:confused:

fardin17

Mar 5, 2012
Hello
please help me I can't set Google account in my C5000?
I flash Chinese rom and I haven't any things from google

Sajan.stha

Dec 11, 2016
Xposed framework

I m new to xposed framework. I m using huawei g play mini rooted phone. I want to install xposed framework, please guide me with necessary files and instruction.

RyuukenZenkou

May 14, 2016
Santiago
Ok. I have another question.
I'm currently using a Samsung Galaxy J1 ace (sm-j111m).
The thing is... That I can't find a custom recovery for it (CWM/TWRP). Is there one available yet?
I need one to backup my system.

Franticgrin

Dec 6, 2016
Factory reset won't help, the effect it had was in system partition and factory reset doesn't touch system, it only wipes the user partition.

What you'll have to do is flash the original stock firmware.

Do a google search for:

"Return to stock (your model number)"

If it's out there that will find your stock firmware, the tools needed to flash it and instructions.

If the firmware isn't available then you'll have to find a similar device with the exact same hardware that has stock firmware available for download then extract the system.img from the firmware and flash or push that system.img to your device. You might have to find someone with your exact device and have them dump or extract the system.img from their device and upload it for you to download then use that system.img to restore your device.

I flashed the stock firmware successfully.
It removed all internal files, and reinstalled system apps.
(i forgot to remove my sd card but it was not affected)
now im back to MTK Droid Root & Tools and The green lit P70 4G(H2V8)(root shell)
is still there and the "Root" butten is still missing...
I used root checker premium and it is not detecting any root...
Did the flash stock firmware not remove the kingroot system files?
i retried flashing stock firmware , and again the same results.
retried, this time when holding the +sound button, selected recovery mode instead of fast boot mode.
then held power sound+&- button to start the flash.... and .... same story.
using root checker basic "Sorry! Root access is not properly installed on this device."
**** is this bull***? :mad:

Last edited:

Shawn R

Feb 28, 2014
Hmm.... Well, since there are no TWRP / CWM recoveries for my Zeki 8" Quad Core Tablet 8GB (Running Android 4.4.2), are there any recoveries I can boot from a SD Card?

Sudarshankakoty

May 3, 2016
I have cross ported a lollipop ROM (Fazfap) for my sc7731 device, and the ROM boots fine. But the two major issue found in the device.
1. Touch not responding properly. I mean I click somewhere and it opens other items. Like I click calculator but it opens an app right below it etc. A touch point circle shows and moves as I move the finger across the screen, but I am unable to scroll up down left right completely.
2. SIM cards not detecting, no signal showing.
All other working great, including Bluetooth, wifi, sensor etc.

Anybody knows what are the files to be replace from base to port to fix these problems ? ROM was not booting until I change the Boot.img. This ROM is available on Google by searching "sc7731 Fazfap" and sound output of this ROM is great.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Hmm.... Well, since there are no TWRP / CWM recoveries for my Zeki 8" Quad Core Tablet 8GB (Running Android 4.4.2), are there any recoveries I can boot from a SD Card?
You can try finding a temporary recovery that is not flashed on your device, it is booted via adb/fastboot, these won't brick your device, if they don't work you can just reboot and it will be gone.

You'll be looking for tools that allow booting a "temporary recovery session".

Reactions: Shawn R

Shawn R

Feb 28, 2014
You can try finding a temporary recovery that is not flashed on your device, it is booted via adb/fastboot, these won't brick your device, if they don't work you can just reboot and it will be gone.

You'll be looking for tools that allow booting a "temporary recovery session".

Ok. Great. Thanks for the info.

===EDIT===

Man. This tablet is sooo stubborn. I tried the temporary recovery on XDA, connected it to my tablet, and everything. It detected the ADB connection and I tried various options--all of which reboots the device but not into TWRP / CWM. It just reboots the tablet. It's supposed to boot it into fastboot I think so it can install drivers. I'm done with this.

Last edited:

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
Ok. Great. Thanks for the info.

===EDIT===

Man. This tablet is sooo stubborn. I tried the temporary recovery on XDA, connected it to my tablet, and everything. It detected the ADB connection and I tried various options--all of which reboots the device but not into TWRP / CWM. It just reboots the tablet. It's supposed to boot it into fastboot I think so it can install drivers. I'm done with this.
The temp recovery can't be just any recovery, it still has to be compatible with your hardware.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
Sadly. I don't think that there are any compatible recoveries. =/
All you should need is a recovery from another device with the same CPU architecture and hardware.

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

Sadly. I don't think that there are any compatible recoveries. =/
This isn't what you need but, for example, this thread is what I used on my Intel baytrail based tablet, this tool works on many models of Intel based tablets from different manufacturers but since they all use the same hardware it can be temporarily booted even though it isn't specifically for any of them.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2975096

Shawn R

Feb 28, 2014
All you should need is a recovery from another device with the same CPU architecture and hardware.

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

This isn't what you need but, for example, this thread is what I used on my Intel baytrail based tablet, this tool works on many models of Intel based tablets from different manufacturers but since they all use the same hardware it can be temporarily booted even though it isn't specifically for any of them.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2975096

That's the one I tried (IntelAndroid-FBRL-07-24-2015.7z). All it does is reboot this tablet. But you said all I need is a recovery from another device with the same CPU architecture and hardware. I'm going to see if I can get that information off this tablet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    would it be good idea to get poco x5? i just want to try different custom roms.

i only found these roms.
    1. crdroid
    2. projectelixiros
    3. evolution-x
    will other roms be available in the future like pixelexperience , pixelos, lineageOs and others?
    Thanks.
    none of us have a crystal Ball. You may also have better luck on the thread below.
    hello, hope this is where i need to be and i thank you in advance for any help i receive because i am so confused and don't know where to start. so in dec 2021 i bought my f9212b vertical android head unit off of ebay and my boyfriend installed it for me. everything is working but its super slow and if what im reading is correct it hasn't had an update since i put it in. so that's pretty much where im at. i don't know where or how to update firmware or software or if i have to. i have my google account signed into the unit but the auto android update is enabled but im not totally sure that its current either\. its super slow. just a head start on my next question after i figure the software firmware stuff out... not a clue what the protocol name for my canbus is. its a 2016 Hyundai elantra, haven't been able to use this thing to the best of its abilities and i would like to figure it out after all this time.
    Since 2016 to our days, Android versions changed the play rules a lot, when this units were launched, considering that they usually came with an outdated version (1 or 2 back), out of the box, and they expected to, hopefully, just one Android update, so for our days they may run really slow...

While you wait for a better answer here, from a more experienced user, you would redirect to the Head Units Forum, you may find alternative answers for your issue there.
    Hi, I am trying to root an Infinix x650 I have unlocked OEM and flashing but can't find a reliable recovery file. Can you help me find it. Also I've come across terms like "flashing recovery", "flashing boot image", "flashing kernel", "flashing twrp". Can you explain the difference
    I came across this guide which details how to root and flash on your device. As I don't have your device there, make sure you read everything carefully (which you should always do, anyway) and backup everything etc. before you start.

Twrp is a custom version of a recovery so you can put those 2 in the same pile. With that, you'll be able to flash things like ROMs, as in the guide above. Other than that, you'll basically have no reason to flash the others and definitely not if you don't know what you're doing with them. You should only flash and modify what you understand in the first place so just do research and read, read, read before doing anything

would it be good idea to get poco x5? i just want to try different custom roms.

i only found these roms.
    1. crdroid
    2. projectelixiros
    3. evolution-x
    will other roms be available in the future like pixelexperience , pixelos, lineageOs and others?
    Thanks.
    If you only want to try different custom ROMs then don't get any modern phone. The android modding world has changed a hell of a lot in recent years and most devices don't have many custom ROMs available.
    Look in the device forums for the most popular phones in the last couple years and you'll see what I mean.
    For the most part, rooting and installing different modules with Magisk is what most people do now as it's much more straight forward than flashing a ROM and won't have as much bloat as you can pick and choose what customisation you would like, via different modules
    You didn´t mention the model, and what you did previously, to cause this happen.
    My guess is that he was trying to do the magisk root
    hi, are there any custom roms for the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime (G361F) in particular, thanks in advance.
    Hello guys..:)
    I would like you to go through XDA new users guide and you must read the FORUM RULES before posting here or anywhere else on xda.

The rate at which the new users are joining xda on daily basis is very high. A lot of users join because they have got some problems with their devices like bricked phone, bootloops etc. because of following incorrect processes. Some join to help out others, to share their knowledge and gain more.

So basically this thread is for all of those who want to ask questions and answer those.

So those who want to help here, just try to answer without flaming, let it be answered thousands of times earlier, show them the path, direction and let them do things on their own. Do not spoon feed, rather just try to point them to right direction.

This whole idea is of @undercover and the former OP Bruce Wayne and I thank him.

To The people asking questions here, don't forget to check for the links from 2nd post. That will help you increase your knowledge, and do answer the questions asked by others if you know the answer. Please don't simply say thanks if some member helps you, instead use the thanks button, that will help us keep this thread less cluttered.
    [Ask Any Question] [Help Thread] NOOB FRIENDLY

Here are the names of some of my friends helping you on the thread.(Updated often)
    @iamareebjamal
    @Zatta
    @dagger (the original OP of this thread)
    @Stryke_the_Orc
    @prototype-U
    @EatHeat
    @nlygamz
    @plegdroid
    @Gogeta
    @malybru
    @Jimlarck
    @ADDICT.ANK
    @Primokorn
    @luqman98
    @hnkotnis
    @thenookieforlife3
    @ИΘΘK¡€
    @Sam Nakamura
    @xunholyx

@SubwayChamp

@ktmom

@Ibuprophen

Please do let me know if I have missed some names..:)

For a list of guides,refer here.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2073370
    Thanks to @Hpsgill

Atlast

Please dont spam the thread..​
    Hi mate!
    Nice to see a much needed thread like this here.. hope new members as well as old ones find this thread useful! :thumbup:

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
    Sent from my SGS II