FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.3+] Lux Auto Brightness

599 posts
Thanks Meter: 653
 
By Cyb3rGlitch, Senior Member on 19th October 2012, 11:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th January 2014, 02:51 AM |#1161  
Junior Member
Flag Ostrołęka
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
For me great feature would be option to change brightness basing not on luma or lux sensor, but on some kind of mathematical function of them. For example:
a*luma + b*lux
Where a and b are constants.
I am proposing that because I noticed that indoor luma sensor (camera) have much better resolution than lux sensor. Otherwise outdoor lux is better than luma.
For example:
Indoor:
Lights on:
lux=1;
luma=132;
Lights off:
lux=0;
luma=10;
Outdoor:
Very bright:
lux = 2000;
luma = 255;
Not so bright:
lux=300;
luma=255;
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to malkovy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift malkovy Ad-Free
 
 
17th January 2014, 06:22 AM |#1162  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530farm

Sorry if this has been answered, but I didn't see anything when searching. What is the status of a Nexus 5 Plugin?

Also, When using Lux in Night mode on nexus 5 4.4.2, my navbar ends up turning into more of a solid bar than the translucent bar that more seamlessly blended into the rest of the screen. It seems to be affected by the "color temperature" being more noticeable as you go to a lower value.


Nexus 5 Plugin will release soon after kernel color control is considered stable I think dev said a few pages back. Franco.Kernel should have it in the next release (r33).

Yeah, the night mode screen filter doesn't draw over the navbar. The Nexus 5 Plugin will allow to tint entire display through the kernel color control (I think that's how it works) instead of drawing a "screen filter" over your apps.
18th January 2014, 10:26 AM |#1163  
Cyb3rGlitch's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 653
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkovy

For me great feature would be option to change brightness basing not on luma or lux sensor, but on some kind of mathematical function of them. For example:
a*luma + b*lux
Where a and b are constants.
I am proposing that because I noticed that indoor luma sensor (camera) have much better resolution than lux sensor. Otherwise outdoor lux is better than luma.
For example:
Indoor:
Lights on:
lux=1;
luma=132;
Lights off:
lux=0;
luma=10;
Outdoor:
Very bright:
lux = 2000;
luma = 255;
Not so bright:
lux=300;
luma=255;

This might work with on wake mode, but having the camera always on for other modes will drain a lot of power. I'll look into it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyb3rGlitch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cyb3rGlitch Ad-Free
22nd January 2014, 01:52 AM |#1164  
RootTheMachine's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 539
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTG-XCELL

Nexus 5 Plugin will release soon after kernel color control is considered stable I think dev said a few pages back. Franco.Kernel should have it in the next release (r33).

Yeah, the night mode screen filter doesn't draw over the navbar. The Nexus 5 Plugin will allow to tint entire display through the kernel color control (I think that's how it works) instead of drawing a "screen filter" over your apps.

I just got my n5, but franco kernel already seems to have color control.
23rd January 2014, 10:05 AM |#1165  
demoncamber's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 245
 
More
I'm getting random reboots when using lux on my t989 s2, or any brightness control app for that matter. Does anyone here have an idea why? I'm on a touchwiz ROM and tweaked kernel (speedstock/Tiberius)

It will just freeze, show the boot splash screen, then sit at a black screen until I force reboot by holding power. It's random, but happens within ten minutes of using my phone.

diord ym morf tneS
23rd January 2014, 07:57 PM |#1166  
Senior Member
Flag Oakland
Thanks Meter: 150
 
More
I am having an issue where the light sensor wasn't updating unless I pushed the refresh button, on dynamic mode. Ex. Would wake up in the middle of the night where lux should be zero, and the app was acting based on a lux of 4 or so until I pushed refresh.

Also, Can anyone explain the main differences between low pass filter and jitter control. Is it recommended to use low pass filter?
24th January 2014, 10:20 AM |#1167  
Westi01's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 99
 
Donate to Me
More
Hey, just bought the app!
Seems to be very nice.

Got 2 Questions though,
Do I have to link lux and brightness or is it ok to just use the automatic profiles? How does lux determine which profile to set? For example in a Car.

I read somewhere that you will develop a plugin for the nexus 5, is that right?

Thank you

Edit: Got another Question - where do I have to set system brightness? Automatic or manual?
25th January 2014, 06:14 AM |#1168  
demoncamber's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 245
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530farm

I am having an issue where the light sensor wasn't updating unless I pushed the refresh button, on dynamic mode. Ex. Would wake up in the middle of the night where lux should be zero, and the app was acting based on a lux of 4 or so until I pushed refresh.

Also, Can anyone explain the main differences between low pass filter and jitter control. Is it recommended to use low pass filter?

Low pass mode is for only when using the camera as a sensor.
Jitter is to smooth out brightness changes for over-active sensors.
26th January 2014, 01:54 AM |#1169  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 157
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkovy

For me great feature would be option to change brightness basing not on luma or lux sensor, but on some kind of mathematical function of them. For example:
a*luma + b*lux
Where a and b are constants.
I am proposing that because I noticed that indoor luma sensor (camera) have much better resolution than lux sensor. Otherwise outdoor lux is better than luma.
For example:
Indoor:
Lights on:
lux=1;
luma=132;
Lights off:
lux=0;
luma=10;
Outdoor:
Very bright:
lux = 2000;
luma = 255;
Not so bright:
lux=300;
luma=255;

Rather than combining both, a simple if/then test would work well, such as:

1. Set brightness with lux # this first as its faster than luma
2. If lux < 30 then
3. set brightness with luma # to fine tune on lowish light levels
4. Endif

Would be great to implement this.
28th January 2014, 12:23 AM |#1170  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Hi, been using this app for a while without any issues.

Keep up the good work

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
30th January 2014, 09:38 PM |#1171  
mbze430's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles Area
Thanks Meter: 164
 
More
I have been using Lux for over 1.5years or more now. And I love the program. But I was wondering if there is a way or maybe even add this feature.

I use my phone a lot in the car. Because the phone's light sensor is facing the rear window it doesn't quite work. Is there a way to disable Lux (sleep) when the phone goes to Car Mode; a way for Lux to detect Car Mode on/off? Or a feature where it automatically disable Lux when a MAC address is detected that is connected; so let say I conncet my phone to my car's bluetooth then it knows to turn off Lux?

When I use my phone in the car, I use Car Home Ultra. I have that program in sleep mode, that works.. but if I launch another app, Lux goes back to it's normal mode. So for example. While in Car Home Ultra home screen it's asleep.. great... but as soon as I launch Pandora, Lux comes back on and it lower the settings, but now i can't see the screen while in the car. If I put Pandora app in the sleep, Lux will do it, but then when I am not in the car it's just bright as hell.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes