Nice app......

via XDA Premium developer's-app

23rd March 2014, 12:51 PM |#1252  
Flag Turin
Thanks Meter: 235

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_best_hacker

I'm using the last paid version of lux on both my Nexus 4 (kk 4.4.2) and on my new Lg G2 (kk 4.4.2). The app works flawless on the nexus but I have one annoying iussue on the G2. When I set the minium brightness to a negative value, no matter what, the brigtness of the navbar didn't change. For example if I set the brightness to -30% the navbar brightness stays to 0%. This problem was fixed on my Nexus 4 using the n4's plugin for lux. Any chance to see a G2's plugin to fix that??

Anyways GREAT app!

It's normal, because negative brigthness and night mode are overlays, like having a layer over the content of your screen. I think is not possible to set an overlay on navbar and statusbar because they're part of system UI.

On the other hand, the plugin is not a simply overlay, but it changes color multipliers ofr the screen, so is more "low level" (it changes how screen reproduces colours at hardware level, that's why it needs root), so it can change the entire content of the screen.
23rd March 2014, 05:23 PM |#1253  
Flag Z├╝rich
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitastrudl

how do you know it's related to the app? sounds like a kernel/rom issue.

Sent from my GT-I9505

Because it happens with other kernels, too, and because it only happens when Lux is installed. This made me uninstall it and I don't like not using it.
26th March 2014, 03:21 PM |#1254  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Greetings,

since a few days I experience the problem of Lux being killed and never being restarted again. Lux is the only app showing this behavior and there always seems enough RAM available. Anyhow, I don't (and don't want to) use the persistent notification option although I am aware that this probably would solve my problem.

However I realized that having the widget on my homescreen also seems to help keeping the app active. I just wish the widget would be a little more informative. I'm using auto mode and instead of just displaying "Auto" showing the current brightness percentage and maybe an indication by appearance whether the day or night profile is active would be nice.

I also noticed that adding the widget and removing it again seems to increase the chances of Lux staying active (the Widget$Update service keeps running without the widget).
The optimal way for me of course would be to find a way to increase Lux's persistence without the need for a notification or a widget.

Phone: Galaxy S2 I9100
ROM: Stock XWLSD, Android v4.1.2
Kernel: Apolo v4.13

Regards,
zytrel.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zytrel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zytrel Ad-Free
26th March 2014, 05:12 PM |#1255  
Flag Somewhere in Spaghettiland
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Hi!
Maybe it's an old and annoying question but I didn't find an answer using search so: is there a way to set a custom temperature in daytime?
Feel free to kick me, but be gentle!
27th March 2014, 02:01 AM |#1256  
Thanks Meter: 212

More
How do I get the Tasker plug-in to work? Regardless of what I do when setting the task up, it says that the plug-in configuration data doesn't exist.
27th March 2014, 08:58 AM |#1257  
Flag Sthlm
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xI mEzMeRiZe Ix

How do I get the Tasker plug-in to work? Regardless of what I do when setting the task up, it says that the plug-in configuration data doesn't exist.

I had exactly the same experience with this plug-in but I solved it by rebooting my phone and trying again and again. The configuration will stick eventually, just don't give up...

The plug-in itself is little bit shaky and prepare for lots of trial and error before everything is working. For instance, I couldn't make switching between manual and auto mode working every time. Sometimes a reboot could fix it but half the time it didn't work when going from auto to manual. I found a work around by switching profiles instead from Tasker. The end result is the same but not as clean as it could have been.
27th March 2014, 12:43 PM |#1258  
Thanks Meter: 212

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tordp

I had exactly the same experience with this plug-in but I solved it by rebooting my phone and trying again and again. The configuration will stick eventually, just don't give up...

The plug-in itself is little bit shaky and prepare for lots of trial and error before everything is working. For instance, I couldn't make switching between manual and auto mode working every time. Sometimes a reboot could fix it but half the time it didn't work when going from auto to manual. I found a work around by switching profiles instead from Tasker. The end result is the same but not as clean as it could have been.

I basically want night mode to only trigger when I'm in a dark room and charging my phone, ie when I'm in bed.

Sent from my LG G2
28th March 2014, 03:08 PM |#1259  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
The ElementalX kernel for the 2013 Nexus 7 now has a backlight dimmer and faux123 gamma control. Can anyone make a lux plug in for this kernel?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2389022

The plug in already posted in this thread (post #1195) for the nexus 7 doesn't work with the ElementalX kernel. It says "Incompatible Lux plug in detected".
28th March 2014, 03:45 PM |#1260  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
For some reason my screen constantly has the yellow tint, regardless if it night time or not. I have enabled auto night time mode and the day time temperature set to 6500K. is this a know issue/side effect?

EDIT: Also it doesn't seem to play well with Franco kernel r203.
29th March 2014, 02:03 PM |#1261  
Flag Kalamazoo, MI
Thanks Meter: 29

More
So, it looks like the Lux Dash doesn't fit my screen correctly. It's missing the end bits.

Super minor gripe. Is this happening for others as well? Is it because of something I did? Is this how it's supposed to look?

Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)