599 posts
Thanks Meter: 653

By Cyb3rGlitch, Senior Member on 19th October 2012, 11:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd December 2012, 11:29 PM |#261  
Flag Cork
Thanks Meter: 1,238

More
I'm finding that when I disable "auto" and set to manual detection, say 10% indoors, at random it tends to take a reading and jump up to a higher brightness. I thought the idea of manual was that it stays at the value u set until u change it? I'm using Omega V33.2 (Elk4) based and Siyah V1.8 kernel.

Sent from my GT-I9300

3rd December 2012, 05:06 AM |#262  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trunkmonkey1972

Under Advanced menu is 'ignore zero lux'. Set that then try adjusting your links so that whatever your light meter's lowest reading is gives you the brightness you prefer.

S3 on Sprint - 16gb pebble blue + 64

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

Please clarify does lower polling mean app functions in as if in 'adjust on wake' mode, or do you mean that lower polling only turns on after turning screen on / off the first time? What's a good polling level for different settings?

S3 on Sprint - 16gb pebble blue + 64

I did that, same thing
5th December 2012, 05:53 PM |#263  
Flag Richmond, KY
Thanks Meter: 435

More
Two things:

1) I also experience trunkmonkey's issue (I'm on AT&T, Jelly Bean update, 4.1.1): no expandable notification when other apps (in my case, on-going WiFi and Llama) had on-going notifications already. If I ended those, then Lux turned into an expandable one. I was able to add the other two back (Lux looks a weird sandwiched, but definitely usable!). See screenshot attached.

2) I sent you an email, but thought I would post it here, too, if anyone else had the issue:

Be on Jelly Bean ROM (preferably stock).
Have Jelly Bean buttery-smooth homescreen page flipping.
Open Lux and lower brightness to the negatives.
--Lose Jelly Bean buttery-smooth homescreen page flipping.

Only if the brightness is negative do I lose the buttery-smoothness.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-12-05-12-38-42.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	1539235  
6th December 2012, 05:19 AM |#264  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyLegend

I'm finding that when I disable "auto" and set to manual detection, say 10% indoors, at random it tends to take a reading and jump up to a higher brightness. I thought the idea of manual was that it stays at the value u set until u change it? I'm using Omega V33.2 (Elk4) based and Siyah V1.8 kernel.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Odd. Are you using the latest version of Lux? If you send me your email I can let you try a test version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mliou

I did that, same thing

It's possible that your device simply doesn't report 0 lux values. This shouldn't be an issue, just treat 1 lux as the lowest value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikjadoon

Two things:

1) I also experience trunkmonkey's issue (I'm on AT&T, Jelly Bean update, 4.1.1): no expandable notification when other apps (in my case, on-going WiFi and Llama) had on-going notifications already. If I ended those, then Lux turned into an expandable one. I was able to add the other two back (Lux looks a weird sandwiched, but definitely usable!). See screenshot attached.

2) I sent you an email, but thought I would post it here, too, if anyone else had the issue:

Be on Jelly Bean ROM (preferably stock).
Have Jelly Bean buttery-smooth homescreen page flipping.
Open Lux and lower brightness to the negatives.
--Lose Jelly Bean buttery-smooth homescreen page flipping.

Only if the brightness is negative do I lose the buttery-smoothness.

1) This seems to be a TouchWiz issue. Samsung must have changed something to make low priority notifications not expand. I don't have this issue on my Nexus devices. I'll play around and see if I can do anything about it.
2) What phone model is your device? I noticed this issue happens on Tegra based hardware. Have you checked to see if apps like Screen Filter cause the same problem? (I can't check, Screen Filter is broken on Android 4.2).
6th December 2012, 05:45 AM |#265  
Flag Richmond, KY

More
No worries about the notification. I don't use it that often.

The lag definitely occurs with Screen Filter enabled (uninstalled Lux to test)!

Unfortunately, no Tegra here. I have a "Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 SoC featuring a dual-core 1.5*GHz Krait CPU and an Adreno 225 GPU."

Good luck. Let me know if you need anything, love the app!
6th December 2012, 06:16 AM |#266  
OP Senior Member

More
Hmm. It seems that overlays are somehow causing lag. I'm not sure how to tackle this just yet.
6th December 2012, 07:11 AM |#267  
Flag Cork
Thanks Meter: 1,238

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3rGlitch

Odd. Are you using the latest version of Lux? If you send me your email I can let you try a test version.

Thanks for your response .

"Itskenallen" at Gmail dot com

Sent from my GT-I9300
6th December 2012, 04:18 PM |#268  
Flag Richmond, KY

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3rGlitch

Hmm. It seems that overlays are somehow causing lag. I'm not sure how to tackle this just yet.

Right! I thought...maybe...that it interferes with the refresh rate. I can make a video of the issue, if you want, but my camera only records at 30FPS, so it might not clearly display the problem. But, if you think it would help, let me know.

~Ibrahim~
6th December 2012, 04:20 PM |#269  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikjadoon

Right! I thought...maybe...that it interferes with the refresh rate. I can make a video of the issue, if you want, but my camera only records at 30FPS, so it might not clearly display the problem. But, if you think it would help, let me know.

~Ibrahim~

That's fine, the problem is that I know how to reproduce it but I don't know how to fix it.
7th December 2012, 09:44 AM |#270  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Any reason why i can't integrate into system? It says not enough space in system /app when i have over 13gig free on my device?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
7th December 2012, 10:16 AM |#271  
Flag london
Thanks Meter: 3,417

Donate to Me
More
Its going to be removed. On next update

[SIZE=2]galaxys2 dori7.28 rootbox nightly enzo
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)