Photon Fixes and Mods **BEING UPDATED**

Search This thread

curtisimo

Aug 22, 2011
I am also unable to download images I receive in txt messages (mms) after upgrading from 6.9.1 to 6.9.2. I have deleted and recreated the two APNs with no luck.

Chavy09

Sep 12, 2008
I came from Stock Rooted,Unlocked, Flashed
I downloaded CM9 beta 0.6.9.2 from Jokerax
Got the Error " Unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped"
I then tried the with CWM and Cache-Dalvik-Wipe-Photon.zip but got an error about expecting 3 arg but got 4

So thinking I would do better with "kitchen sink" tried it also got the same error about com.android.phone. ..

So then I used CWM and wiped /data /cache /emmc /osh and dalvik flashed the CM9 rom twice installed gappsv12, rebooted once got the error, rebooted again no change...

As a what the hell effort I, wiped /data /cache /emmc /osh /system and dalvik
flashed 0.3.1 (cool splash) didn't login, went back to recovery ,deleted Cache and dalvick flashed 0.6.9.2, ran fix permissions rebooted, WTH it appears to be working....{Sorry I was typing while I was doing this} ... ok let me install gapps 12 and fix the APNS.... Wow can't believe that fixed it..
for the jokerax you are supposed to flash one of the earlier versions first and then let it boot up then get back into recovery and flash the latest version right on top of that (meaning no wipe)

WiredAnim

May 6, 2009
Joplin
I am also unable to download images I receive in txt messages (mms) after upgrading from 6.9.1 to 6.9.2. I have deleted and recreated the two APNs with no luck.

I'm having the same issue with mms. I can get it to work in GoSMS but I would rather use the stock app.

I have tried the APN changes from page 1 and that was able to get me sending mms. I then tried both mms apps from page 10 neither made a difference but the dark one looks sweet :)

I'm going to keep digging but if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears

MobileAllStar

Aug 13, 2010
CPU Editor

I found a CPU script that is working VERY well for me and thought I'd share... Sorry but I don't know how to link the forum or I would... Search XDA CPU Editor. Dev's name is smokin1337... I'm running it on Joker's 6.9.3 and its giving me an extra 4-5 hrs of battery life easy... It's a flashable zip that you then access with terminal emulator... Very simple!

Word of note... I did disable setcpu before flashing the zip to make sure there were no conflicting scripts or issues... I'd recommend doing the same!

Please have a look and let me (and everyone else know what you think)

Edit:

I have my system set up as

Core 1

Max: 1000000
Min: 216000

Core 2

I also have the 2nd core force enabled and have them set to power save option and set on "Sticky Mode" to apply the setting on Boot... It's all very simple and self explanatory once you flash and open the terminal...

Last edited:
Reactions: misfitdeluxe

Th3Bill

Feb 6, 2012
Where I Am

I'm having the same issue with mms. I can get it to work in GoSMS but I would rather use the stock app.

I have tried the APN changes from page 1 and that was able to get me sending mms. I then tried both mms apps from page 10 neither made a difference but the dark one looks sweet :)

I'm going to keep digging but if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears

Still no Apns fix? I need one really bad please. :-(

Posted with SwiftKeyX on my CM9 Motorola Photon!

Only real "Fix" is to flash 0.3.1 first, let it boot up, then flash the latest CM9 on top of it. For some reason, CM9 seems to have this issue, though the ROMs based on it (MIUI, AOKP, etc) do not seem to have the issue....not sure what is causing it.

ZeroManArmy

Nov 23, 2011
Colorado
I found a CPU script that is working VERY well for me and thought I'd share... Sorry but I don't know how to link the forum or I would... Search XDA CPU Editor. Dev's name is smokin1337... I'm running it on Joker's 6.9.3 and its giving me an extra 4-5 hrs of battery life easy... It's a flashable zip that you then access with terminal emulator... Very simple!

Word of note... I did disable setcpu before flashing the zip to make sure there were no conflicting scripts or issues... I'd recommend doing the same!

Edit:

Core 1

Core 2

I also have the 2nd core force enabled and have them set to power save option and set on "Sticky Mode" to apply the setting on Boot... It's all very simple and self explanatory once you flash and open the terminal...
I am testing this right now. Will post results soon.

Only real "Fix" is to flash 0.3.1 first, let it boot up, then flash the latest CM9 on top of it. For some reason, CM9 seems to have this issue, though the ROMs based on it (MIUI, AOKP, etc) do not seem to have the issue....not sure what is causing it.
Oi okay. I will test this as well. This first. I'll also upload a mirror for it.

ZeroManArmy

Nov 23, 2011
Colorado

Edit:

Core 1

Core 2

I followed to the best of my ability. We'll see how it goes.

misfitdeluxe

Mar 18, 2011
Hacienda Heights
How did things turn out with the installation and battery life?

Thanks!!

I flashed it to mine and it worked. I changed all the settings, applied, and closed the CPU tweak editor. Reboot into recovery, created a backup, then I tried to boot my phone up and it got stuck at the screen with the red circle and M logo on boot up. I tried taking it off the computer USB plug and plugging it into a wall socket, but all it does is warm up the battery and doesn't get past that logo. I can't even access recovery or anything.

I need my phone back. I'm expecting an important phone call. *sigh*

UPDATE: I was able to get into recovery by holding the power button and volume down whilst plugging the power in. I think maybe my battery drained right after the backup in TWRP. I've had the phone plugged in for over half hour though. Don't know why it hasn't charged enough to boot up. I'll wait another hour and report back.

Last edited:

misfitdeluxe

Mar 18, 2011
Hacienda Heights
I was able to restore my phone from a TWRP recovery image. Tried charging the battery up before attempting to install the CPU editor script. It installed fine, I set it up. Everything seemed good, so I did a reboot to test, and sure enough I got stuck at the boot up screen again. Restoring from the recovery image again as I type this. Not going to try it again until someone else with a Moto Photon can confirm it works.

ryan8r

Apr 9, 2011
I was able to restore my phone from a TWRP recovery image. Tried charging the battery up before attempting to install the CPU editor script. It installed fine, I set it up. Everything seemed good, so I did a reboot to test, and sure enough I got stuck at the boot up screen again. Restoring from the recovery image again as I type this. Not going to try it again until someone else with a Moto Photon can confirm it works.

Try "PCM DUAL CORE MOD" : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1239507
I've got it to flash and my 2nd core seems more active now. Havent bench marked battery yet.

Last edited:

Th3Bill

Feb 6, 2012
Where I Am
Updated posts 1-4. I'll update more as I get more time between maintaining roms...sorry I haven't done more to keep this maintained...

Jleeblanch

Feb 6, 2012
Colchester, VT
Moto G4 Plus
Moto G6
Updated posts 1-4. I'll update more as I get more time between maintaining roms...sorry I haven't done more to keep this maintained...

I was literally about to message you asking about the framework patch to fix MMS on CM10 lol!

Glad I searched the Sticky threads and saw you're updating this thread! Good work here man, definitely helpful info for sure! :)

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FIXES AND MODS ONLY

SINCE MIUI V4 HAS BEEN BASED ON CM9, MANY OF THESE FIXES MAY WORK

DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS WITHIN THE THREAD

We already have the entire CM9 main thread overrun by repeat questions.

If you have a question regarding something on here, Private Message either myself or the persons I am crediting so that we may help you without mucking up this Thread with "Can you help me with this?"

Feel free to add Mods and Fixes that you feel might be useful for others.
    If you didn't make it, be sure to give credit to the person who did.
    Please also post a link to their original post so others can thank them for their work.

Thanks to everyone who developed these fixes and to the devs for putting together a great ROM for our phones.

FYI...I DID NOT MAKE THESE MODS OR FIXES (UNLESS I SPECIFY THAT I DID PUT SOMETHING TOGETHER). PLEASE GIVE THANKS TO THE PEOPLE WHO CAME UP WITH THESE FIXES AND MODS

:)
    Proper Flashing of ROMs (updated 9/6)

PROPER FLASHING OF ROM

Requirements:

Photon 4g-Must be rooted, unlocked, and have CWM on it (I recommend Jokerax's CWM V3)
    A ROM ZIP
    Gapps .zip

If you have already rooted, unlocked, and CWM'ed, skip 1-4 :)

1) FIRST, go HERE and watch this video. It's how to install Android SDK. This will be important if you mess something up later and need to reinstall SBF. It also allows you to flash CWM to your phone.

2) Unlock Bootloader: Watch the video HERE. The links to the files you need will be in the "show more" area of the video. This will have you unlocked and ready for next step.

3) Rooting/CWM: Watch the video HERE. The links to the files you will need will be shown in the "show more" area of the video. Now you will be rooted and have CWM on your phone

4) Joker's CWM: Since this was made with his CM9 build in mind, I recommend using it for all your CM9 flashing needs. Using other ones can cause problems.
    YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
    Go to Joker's site (Jokersax.com) and download the "cwm-non corrupted" in the "Cyanogenmod9 for Photon 4G" section, placing the file on somewhere on your phone you can easily find (I usually create a folder in my SD-Card called "ROMS".
    Boot into your recovery and select "install zip from sd card"
    Find the CWM .zip where you put it, and flash it.
    You will now have Joker's CWM on your phone and be ready for flashing

NOW YOU ARE READY TO FLASH

PROPER FLASHING:

STANDARD FLASH ROMS
    1) Place ROM zip onto storage on your phone (of your choice)
    2) Reboot into recovery
    3) Make a Backup (if you don't, it's YOUR bad if you mess up...)
    4) Use Wipe All Zip found HERE
    or
    Wipe /system, /data, /cache manually
    This is recommended...some roms you can get away with just Cache and Dalvik wipe, but many require the full wipe treatment
    5) Flash Rom zip
    6) Flash Gapps (optional)
    7) Reboot and Enjoy

AROM BASED ROMS
    1) Place ROM zip onto storage on your phone
    2) Reboot into recovery
    3) Make a Backup
    4) Go to Advanced Menu
    5) Choose Report Error
    6) Choose Show Log
    7) Choose Reboot Recovery
    ***THESE 3 STEPS SHOULD BE DONE ANY TIME YOU FLASH AN AROMA BASED ROM***
    8) Flash Rom zip
    9) Inside rom, you can choose your wipe option and other options.
    10) Install
    11) Reboot and Enjoy

CHEERS!
    MMS "fix" (updated 9/6)

cm10 mms fix

NEEDS
    1) THIS -apns-conf.xml file that has proper apn settings
    2) Tools.zip <--located here
    3) Patience

How to Fix:
    1) First you will need to edit your framework-res.apk using the How To HERE
    2) After decompiling framework-res.apk, you will go to folder /res/values
    3) Open file arrays.xml
    4) Scroll till you see a section that looks like this : <array name="config_cdma_dun_supported_types" />
    5) Change it to this:
    <string-array name="config_cdma_dun_supported_types">
    <item>default</item>
    <item>dun</item>
    <item>mms</item>
    <item>supl</item>
    </string-array>
    6) Save the file
    7) Go to bools.xml
    8) Find line that says : <bool name="config_mms_content_disposition_support">true</bool>
    9) Change it to : <bool name="config_mms_content_disposition_support">false</bool>
    10) Save the file
    11) recompile the framework-res per the above how to....do not skip any steps.
    12) Insert the framework-res.apk into THIS file and flash it to your phone in CWM
    13) go to the build.prop in your phone in Root Explorer or Root Browser
    14) Edit the following lines:
    # CDMA Carrier support - Native carrier is Sprint
    #ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=310120
    #ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Sprint
    #ro.cdma.homesystem=64,65,76,77,78,79,80,81,82,83
    #ro.cdma.otaspnumschema=SELC,1,80,99
    #persist.radio.cdma.min=0
    15) Change it to look like this:
    # CDMA Carrier support - Native carrier is Sprint
    ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=310120
    ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Sprint
    ro.cdma.homesystem=64,65,76,77,78,79,80,81,82,83
    ro.cdma.otaspnumschema=SELC,1,80,99
    persist.radio.cdma.min=0
    16) Save the file
    17) Place APN-conf.xml above into your /system/etc folder using root explorer or root browser
    18) Go to app section of system settings and clear data
    19) Reboot into recovery
    20) Fix permissions
    21) Reboot into your phone and you're done!

EASY, RIGHT?! :)
    Version 0.3.1

THIS IS FOR ANYONE WHO FULLY WIPED BEFORE INSTALLING 0.3.3 AND ARE HAVING DIFFICULTIES WITH IT NOT BOOTING (OR IF YOU JUST WANT TO RUN 0.3.1 ON YOUR PHONE INSTEAD

Photon CM9 0.3.1

If you run into issues with 0.3.3 not booting up after doing a fresh install, do the following:
    1) Format /System, /Data, and /Cache (can use the Wipe-All-Photon.zip in POST 6 for this)
    2) Flash 0.3.1 from above link and Gapps
    3) Reboot and allow phone to come to main screen but do not sign in, reboot back into recovery
    4) Wipe /Cache and Dalvik (can use Wipe-Cache-Dalvik-Photon.zip in POST 8 for this)
    5) Flash 0.3.(2, 3 +++)
    6) Fix permissions
    7) Reboot...should work now :)
    Full-wipe-zip

do not use this before 0.3.2 if coming from 0.3.1 or else you may not have your phone boot