FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RELEASE] One-Click UnBrick updated 10july11

5,226 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,880
 
Post Reply Email Thread
7th July 2011, 03:49 AM |#101  
golfslicer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 340
 
More
Installed and followed instructions and it did get my phone out of a soft brick on windows 7 x64, however, now odin won't work and the heimdal frontend does not detect the phone. What do I need to do to flash a kernel with this installed. I reinstalled the drivers for odin and it detected but got a bad flash for the first time. This is after I installed the drivers for heimdal. Like I say the unbrick work, but now I need to flash and neither one will work.

Ok, I got odin to work again, by reinstalling drivers through kies. It doesn't appear that both drivers will work at the same time.
 
 
7th July 2011, 04:17 AM |#102  
You need to put the phone in download mode. Of you're not going to flash with Heimdall, uninstall the drivers from your device manager. Id use heimdall frontend, personally.
7th July 2011, 04:51 PM |#103  
I'd like to hear from anyone about anything I can do to make this better. let me know.

What can I do to improve the interface? Any messages pop up and go away too quickly? Too slowly? Is the interface too ugly? Is the window the right size?
The Following User Says Thank You to AdamOutler For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th July 2011, 05:47 PM |#104  
here.david's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sonoma, CA
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamOutler

I'd like to hear from anyone about anything I can do to make this better. let me know.

What can I do to improve the interface? Any messages pop up and go away too quickly? Too slowly? Is the interface too ugly? Is the window the right size?

Hope the 1st post did really not get posted, will try again:

Suggest you might list, "Put in your path or right click and choose JAVA run" see attached (Ubuntu 11.04).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ONECLICK.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	649091  
8th July 2011, 09:09 PM |#105  
Fate-Silver's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
Can this One-Click UnBrick fix the HARDBRICK?
8th July 2011, 09:13 PM |#106  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate-Silver

Can this One-Click UnBrick fix the HARDBRICK?

It will not fix a mismatched or damaged bootloader. This will allow booting with damage to any partitions other then PBL or SBL/SBL2. The PBL and SBL must still be reparied with hardware methods.

It IS worth a try on any brick though. Sometimes if the Params.lfs is broken, you will end up with a black screen.
8th July 2011, 09:18 PM |#107  
Fate-Silver's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamOutler

It will not fix a mismatched or damaged bootloader. This will allow booting with damage to any partitions other then PBL or SBL/SBL2. The PBL and SBL must still be reparied with hardware methods.

It IS worth a try on any brick though. Sometimes if the Params.lfs is broken, you will end up with a black screen.

Thanks for the explanation.
So, it's still JTAG and "Warranty to AT&T/Samsung" can fix the hardbrick.

Param.lfs will cause HARDBRICK too?
8th July 2011, 09:32 PM |#108  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate-Silver

Thanks for the explanation.
So, it's still JTAG and "Warranty to AT&T/Samsung" can fix the hardbrick.

Param.lfs will cause HARDBRICK too?

No. It can give the appearance of a hard brick though. The screen will always be black.

I hope to find the resistor which controls xOM5. This would allow for boot from external sd card. I need a junk phone to test with.
8th July 2011, 11:57 PM |#109  
mrhaley30705's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag North Georgia
Thanks Meter: 2,458
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamOutler

No. It can give the appearance of a hard brick though. The screen will always be black.

I hope to find the resistor which controls xOM5. This would allow for boot from external sd card. I need a junk phone to test with.

Will odin or heimdall still flasha phone with a trashed param.lfs file (i am thinking yes, but want to know for sure).
9th July 2011, 01:19 AM |#110  
Senior Member
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 581
 
Donate to Me
More
Hi,

Nice development there!
Just a question: Will this work on my soft bricked Captivate stuck in a boot loop? Bricked it with CM7 and will show the CM7 screen and then a recovery screen with an error message saying that it is unable to mount the sd card and then reboots and loops.

Thanks!
9th July 2011, 07:06 AM |#111  
Fate-Silver's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwneman

Hi,

Nice development there!
Just a question: Will this work on my soft bricked Captivate stuck in a boot loop? Bricked it with CM7 and will show the CM7 screen and then a recovery screen with an error message saying that it is unable to mount the sd card and then reboots and loops.

Thanks!

It works with all softbricked condition basically.

Stuck in a boot loop?
Is it still able to boot into CWM(Recovery Mode) or Download Mode.
If it's still able to go back into Download Mode, you don't need this software.
Just turn your Captivate into the Download Mode and flash back to STOCK Eclair or Froyo using Odin 1 Click or whatever similar.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes