[ROM][05.10.12] CleanROM 4.5 Standard / Pro -★| ICS 4.0.3 | Tweaks | Skins! |★-

Search This thread

Caladus

Jan 5, 2012
Portland
Apologies for a potentially dumb question, but... you're paying for the MHS service from Verizon, right? Trying to correlate your experience with mine... yes, I'm paying for it, and it's been working just fine for me. Just making sure you're not talking about Wireless Tether or something else.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

So far I haven't seen this issue, mine's had no problem staying paired. It's just a cheap $25 single ear headset for calling on, not listening to music or anything.

Not trying to sound like Scott's biggest fan here, honest... but I'm not seeing any of the issues that a lot of you are, which usually points to something being different about your specific setup. Could be related to conflicts with apps you have installed, multiple profiles, etc. That's the biggest reason some things work for some people and not for others.

I always do a clean wipe before flashing. BT still acts up on a fresh flash. Dunno. Maybe its the motorokr s305's. Same effect when tethering via BT to my laptop.

Sent from my Rezound running CleanROM 2.2 Sp1.

answerman

Apr 18, 2007
The one thing that may be different, I just realized, in relation to Mobile Hotspot working for me: I'm an Alltel refugee, assimilated into Verizon a couple of years ago. I still have my Alltel unlimited data plan. I wonder if that might have anything to do with it.

gunz.jones

Nov 6, 2010
Athens, TX
Ruued to new boot and radio. Fixed android_info and back in business. Better reception. Synch icon finally disappeared. Getting set back up now. Thanks for your awesomeness. Can't stay away.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
yeah stock sdcard..does it really matter?

Not sure what you mean about the mobile hotspot... using it right now to post this from my laptop, and I have it set up as WPA2 encrypted password. No problems with it at all.

When I do my benchmark testing I use the Internal SD card because I think that we would all get about the same results with that. Using an External SD card could really help you or really hurt you depending on the quality of the SD card. So as a control point I use the internal. I think everyone should do that just to level the playing field. I could easily go by a Class 10 and walk by even my best scores, lol

Also, I think Antutu should take out SD Card scoring. Its too lame!

Got extended battery. Much better. Half price plus my company discount. Yayyy. And a car mount. Happiness. Still an awesome Rom. Waiting for HTC our you on the next set of awesomeness to be setup.

Does the extended life battery require a different back cover?

Synch icon on constantly. Is it my hotmail, yahoo and Gmail, or just a bug?

Nah, I dont think thats a bug. Like NilsP said, look in your synch settings and see if something is just synching over and over.

Not trying to sound like Scott's biggest fan here, honest... but I'm not seeing any of the issues that a lot of you are, which usually points to something being different about your specific setup. Could be related to conflicts with apps you have installed, multiple profiles, etc. That's the biggest reason some things work for some people and not for others.

Wow, whenever I say what you just said people think I am a prick. I wont say much else other than I agree with you 100% I could go into a whole lecture of why some people see bugs and others dont but it would be a dissertation and not a short answer...

no problem..and yeah im paying for verizon mobile hotspot and on every ICS rom it never works for me..not even with the backup through titanium backup.

I have not had a chance to look yet... I had to do some battery testing. Maybe later tonight I can test. Got a new Samsung Galaxy Tablet thanks to a very generous donator (sold it to me for $50). Its like new and has a few accessories. Stupid crazy deal to pass up. But anyways... You know what means :)

Ruued to new boot and radio. Fixed android_info and back in business. Better reception. Synch icon finally disappeared. Getting set back up now. Thanks for your awesomeness. Can't stay away.

You like the new Radio better huh? No differences to me but I always get good reception.

-Scott

WasabiWa83

Recognized Themer
Nov 27, 2011
Rays Bay, FL
Does the extended life battery require a different back cover?

I have not had a chance to look yet... I had to do some battery testing. Maybe later tonight I can test. Got a new Samsung Galaxy Tablet thanks to a very generous donator (sold it to me for $50). Its like new and has a few accessories. Stupid crazy deal to pass up. But anyways... You know what means :)

-Scott

Scott, are you talking about the extended for the Rez? If so, yes, it does require a different back cover.

As for Antutu, I almost caught your score. I hit 6576 last time. And that is a crazy deal for a Galaxy Tab. Is it a 10 or 7 inch?? And I haven't been able to put down my Prime since it came in the mail. This thing is constantly in my hands. :D

I'm running bored's RezROM ICS right now and it's pretty nice. It's so much like your ROM, just with some theme stuff, that it's too hard to decide between the two. Both of you guys do amazing work!

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
Scott, are you talking about the extended for the Rez? If so, yes, it does require a different back cover.

As for Antutu, I almost caught your score. I hit 6576 last time. And that is a crazy deal for a Galaxy Tab. Is it a 10 or 7 inch?? And I haven't been able to put down my Prime since it came in the mail. This thing is constantly in my hands. :D

I'm running bored's RezROM ICS right now and it's pretty nice. It's so much like your ROM, just with some theme stuff, that it's too hard to decide between the two. Both of you guys do amazing work!

Its a 7"

The reason boreds ROM looks very similar to my ROM is we worked together on the base then split ways when we had everything working. He likes themed ROMS, I like CleanROM's... hehehe...

Reactions: WasabiWa83

WasabiWa83

Recognized Themer
Nov 27, 2011
Rays Bay, FL
Its a 7"

The reason boreds ROM looks very similar to my ROM is we worked together on the base then split ways when we had everything working. He likes themed ROMS, I like CleanROM's... hehehe...

That's a damn good tab. Have fun with it! :D

And I know you guys worked together to get it all working. I watched the night it leaked when you guys where all working together to get it stable. My phone mood changes so much that I have to jump back and forth between your two roms. They're my favs so far. I just can't wait until HTC actually releases ICS so we can get rid of that damn blue flicker. :mad:

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with next :D

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
San Antonio
Apologies for a potentially dumb question, but... you're paying for the MHS service from Verizon, right? Trying to correlate your experience with mine... yes, I'm paying for it, and it's been working just fine for me. Just making sure you're not talking about Wireless Tether or something else.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

So far I haven't seen this issue, mine's had no problem staying paired. It's just a cheap $25 single ear headset for calling on, not listening to music or anything.

I can confirm the Bluetooth issue, it works fine until you turn off your Bluetooth and try to turn it back on, then it shows connected but isn't. Only way to get it working again is to unpair or rest the phone. For now I just leave my Bluetooth on and turn off the Bluetooth on the phone. Then when I turn it back on, it will pair properly again.
Not a big deal, the leak is beta and all.

Still trying some random force closes, didn't seem to effect the phone, htcdm is the latest to pop up the last 24 hours.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk

gunz.jones

Nov 6, 2010
Athens, TX
Extended battery makes the phone an inch and a half or some ridiclous size. But half price was good. Reuturning the car mount. Actually useless for me....and the kickstand case is a joke, cheap plastic nonsense and a ***** to pull off.

Edit: Are you planning on extended shutdown settings for this? I understand you have several projects, just a query.

Clean ICS Rezound with Touch CWM

Last edited:

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
San Antonio
just realized that I can't access any sort of tab management in the browser. Browser said I had to close a tab to open a link, but when I pinch to get into the tabs it doesn't do anything. Also no way I can see under the menu buttons to do this.
Am I missing something?

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
San Antonio
edit to above post (browser kept freezing when trying to edit it for some reason).
I guess the tabs are called windows in ICS, which is under the menu button (weird to call them windows when you have a choice for "new incognito tab" as well), but pinching still will not access your tabs.
Also, anyway to make it not default to desktop versions? You can uncheck request desktop site, but it only does it for that page.

PreVayl

Camera issue

Is it just me or does none of the effects for the camera work. If im the only one, then idk what could be the issue could having a clockwork recovery be a problem i dont know, its not a die hard issue but, if someone can help me fix that, i would appreciate it:)

PreVayl

oh i could find the know issues on the thread. but thanks once again its not that important, i can wait till they do get around fixing it. at least it can still take regular nice pictures. Any idea when a newer 4.0.3 etc will come out?

buckifvr

Jun 17, 2010
I love this CleanROM 2.2 ICS. I actually beat Scott's AnTuTu score once with a 6612. The only bug I have noticed is the no streaming media over bluetooth. Scott does a great job.

Khayos

Jul 8, 2011
GA
Well supposed to be getting a 3.7v extended battery today, so hoping I can come back to this rom & have some fun again.

answerman

Apr 18, 2007
I know how you feel. My other Android device is an Acer Iconia A500 Tab... love it. Waiting for some ICS love for that... supposedly Acer's supposed to have it out this month, but till then there's not a whole lot to choose from ROMwise other than Thor's. How about you get yourself one and start developing, Scott? <<<joke<<< as if you don't have enough to do already

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][05.10.12] CleanROM 4.5 Standard / Pro -★| ICS 4.0.3 | Tweaks | Skins! |★-

CR4.5-Rez-1.png

CR4.5-Rez-2.png

about.png

CleanROM Developer Edition was designed to be a cleaned up Verizon Stock ROM Leak of Ice Cream Sandwich with a lot of Sense Removed! All HTC and Google Apps are up to date as of 5/9/2012. ROM is de-odexed and based on Leaked RUU 3.11.605.22. ROM Supports both Gingerbread and ICS Firmware and S-ON or S-OFF!
    Please read the installation instructions!!! They have changed!

features.png

Removed VZW Bloat!
    Custom Tweaks App by Jan!
    Custom Team Blackout Sense 4.0 Clock Widget Skin
    Performance and Battery Enhancements!
    ES File Explorer
    WiFi Tether
    Battery Icon with Percent (Stock Battery on SD Card)
    Super Extended Quick Settings
    No Location Icon
    Can be flashed with either firmware and S-ON or S-OFF

Pro.png

The Professional Edition of CleanROM

This ROM is identical to CleanROM Standard with the exception it is even cleaner;

The following are removed in this build:
    • All Social Networking apps and libraries
    • HTC Reader
    • Verizon Instant Messenger
    • Verizon Back up Service
    • Verizon Media Manager
    • Plus One
    • Picasa

NOTE: The Pro Edition Does not and will not support any of the removed apps. Please dont waste your time asking.

tweaks.png

Statusbar Tweaks
    Hide and Reorder Quicksetting
    Quick quicksettings toggle: If no notification to clear will show Quicksettings
    Hide WiFi Config
    Hide Specific Notifications Icons: Alarm / GPS / Bluetooth / WiFi / Data / Headset / Volume
    Battery Tweaks with MIUI Battery bar
    Clock Options
    Recent Apps Toggle
    Enable Transparency

Sense Tweaks
    Smooth Rosie Tweaks
    Toggle Unlock animation
    Toggle 5 Column App Drawer
    Toggle Paginated App Drawer
    Enable Transparency

Lockscreen Tweaks
    AOSP Lock Screen toggle
    Custom Carrier Caption
    Toggle Menu Key to Unlock
    Volume Keys to wake

Misc Tweaks
    Phone Info menu
    Capacitive Back light Settings
    Selectable Overscroll Colors
    Options for Advanced Power Menu

Advanced Tweaks
    Fix permissions
    Zipalaign apks
    Mount system rw/ro
    Wipe Battery stats
    Wipe cache/dalvik

changes.png

Changes in Version 4.5 - 5/10/2012
    • Added: Blackout ICS Skin
    • Fixed: Blackout Original Skin
    • Updated: Install method for S-ON / S-OFF! Read the install instructions! Major Changes to support all install methods!
    • Updated: Kernel and build.prop from 3.14 Leak
    • Updated: Facebook, Flash, Maps, Streets
    • Removed: SD Card Contents. Now seperate downloads. Read the install instructions!

tether.png

• Start Application
    • Go to Settings
    • Select Device Type -> Galaxy Nexus LTE
    • Select Change Setup-Method -> netd (master)
    • Select Enable WiFi-Encryption -> Your Choice
    • Select Routing Fix
    • Start Tether and allow Root

installation.png

There are 4 ways to install CleanROM 4.5

NOTE: If you are not S-OFF or on ICS Firmware you will need to download the Extra's and place them on the root of your SD Card BEFORE you flash the ROM! They are no longer included in the ROM file itself!

Method 1: Installation for S-OFF Devices on ICS firmware
    • S-OFF Recomended!
    • Copy ROM to SD Card
    • Reboot to recovery
    • wipe data / Factory Reset
    • Flash ROM
    • Reboot
    • Profit!

Method 2: Installation for S-ON Devices on ICS firmware
    • Copy ROM to SD Card AND PH98IMG.zip to ROOT of SD Card
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash ROM
    • Use Developer Menu to reboot to bootloader and flash the boot.img file in the PH98IMG.zip
    • Reboot
    • Profit!

Method 3: Installation for S-OFF Devices on Gingerbread firmware
    • Copy ROM to SD Card AND GB Firmware Patch to ROOT of SD Card
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash GB Firmware Patch
    • Reboot
    • Profit!

Method 4: Installation for S-ON Devices on Gingerbread firmware
    • Copy ROM to SD Card AND PH98IMG.zip AND GB Firmware Patch to ROOT of SD Card
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash GB Fimrware Patch
    • Use Developer Menu to reboot to bootloader and flash the boot.img file in the PH98IMG.zip
    • Reboot
    • Profit!

extra.png

Download PH98IMG.zip HERE! This is only for S-ON Devices

Download Gingerbread Firmware patch HERE! - You only need to do this if you are on Gingerbread Fimrware!

Flash All Zips except PH98IMG in recovery but you all knew that!

thanks.png

teamblackout.png

And the following XDA Developers and Members: dsixda - drellisdee - racinwarrior - lrod0175 - VinceOB - j4n87 - eboelzner

Alternate Kernels

I have created a flashable 3.13.607.5 Kernel and a flashable 3.14.605.5 Kernel for the ROM.

Some people feel that the 3.13.607.5 kernel gave better battery and cooling than the latest kernel.

Feel free to download and test for yourself!

These are in old school method as to make one simple step for everyone. This also resets mainver to 1.00.000.0 :D

Instructions
    1. Download to root of SD Card
    2. Reboot to Recovery
    3. Flash Zip
    4. Phone will reboot to hboot
    5. Press power one time so it will scan the SD Card
    6. Install boot.img when prompted
    7. Reboot when prompted

Download the 3.13.605.7 kernel HERE

Download the 3.14.605.5 kernel HERE
    Reserved for future use....
    Reserved for future use....
    Np. Not trying to bite your head off or anything, but wipe is always almost recommended.

You get to go off on someone and get a thanks for that.

I post a killer ROM and then a mirror by request and I get **** :(

700+ downloads in 7 hours and I have 12 thanks. Im not complaining... But really?