Remapping Menu and home button?

Search This thread

lakedubvt

Jan 7, 2012
I am trying to remap the menu button to pull up the recent app and long press from menu. Then have long press of the home button pull up Google now. I am able to easily do this with CM, but I want to have this feature and run AOKP.

Did some searching on this. I know you can got to the file in system/usr/keylayout/sec_touchkey.kl and edit the remapping of the keys. The closest I could get was changing key 139 to "App_switch" but this brings up the old gingerbread app switcher and not the multi task menu.

If someone could lead me in the right direction that would be great.

greatdaneduke

Apr 18, 2012
Good question. I sign looking for a way to program my back button to long press=kill.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
I am trying to remap the menu button to pull up the recent app and long press from menu. Then have long press of the home button pull up Google now. I am able to easily do this with CM, but I want to have this feature and run AOKP.

Did some searching on this. I know you can got to the file in system/usr/keylayout/sec_touchkey.kl and edit the remapping of the keys. The closest I could get was changing key 139 to "App_switch" but this brings up the old gingerbread app switcher and not the multi task menu.

If someone could lead me in the right direction that would be great.

long press stuff would be smali code.