[Q] Atrix HD wont boot into anything...

Search This thread

jrodbrown58

My brother just got an atrix hd from a guy at work. The phone will not boot into normal, recovery, or anything else besides the AP Fastboot mode. in the AP fastboot screen the text says:

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)
10.9B(*) (sha-2e68372, 2012-11-17 23:3308)
eMMC info: size 8GB

Device is LOCKED, Status Code:0

Battery OK

Transfer Mode:
USB Connected

Fastboot Reason: Boot menu selected

From what my brother knows the guy had the phone in his lunchbox and when he got home from work and tried to turn it on this is what the phone was doing.

Is there something i can try or a way to flash a system image? I've rooted, unlocked the bootloader and installed custom roms on a variety of phones and im sure i can get this phone straightened out if i was just pointed in the right direction. Thanks for any and all the help! its greatly appreciated!!!

devilsking

Inactive Recognized Themer
Sep 14, 2010
Hanoi
www.themythace.com
My brother just got an atrix hd from a guy at work. The phone will not boot into normal, recovery, or anything else besides the AP Fastboot mode. in the AP fastboot screen the text says:

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)
10.9B(*) (sha-2e68372, 2012-11-17 23:3308)
eMMC info: size 8GB

Device is LOCKED, Status Code:0

Battery OK

Transfer Mode:
USB Connected

Fastboot Reason: Boot menu selected

From what my brother knows the guy had the phone in his lunchbox and when he got home from work and tried to turn it on this is what the phone was doing.

Is there something i can try or a way to flash a system image? I've rooted, unlocked the bootloader and installed custom roms on a variety of phones and im sure i can get this phone straightened out if i was just pointed in the right direction. Thanks for any and all the help! its greatly appreciated!!!

Well, firstly, you need to unlock its bootloader IMMEDIATELY then you can try other action (reflash stock roms, etc..). Using Myth Tools is recommended in the post above.

After unlocking bootloader, you can try to download stock firmware from here:
Then flash it with Myth Tools (recommend) or RSDLite

If you satisfy with stock one, just keep it and do further mods or you can flash custom recovery before flashing custom roms.

That's my recommendation but you need to do the FIRST step is Unlocking Bootloader right now :)

Hope it helps.

DK

devilsking

Inactive Recognized Themer
Sep 14, 2010
Hanoi
www.themythace.com
I can't even root it, the phone shuts off if disconnected from a charger. And even when on the charger it keeps boot looping.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

The boot looping which you mean is going to the fastboot mode, right?
Did you try to enter bootmenu (turn off phone, hold both vol + and vol - then press press powermenu to turn on) and select "normal powerup"?

Can you tell me whether your phone has ATT logo on its screen's bottom?
Maybe flashing back to its correct original firmware by RSDLite can help to bring it back then we can root and unlock bootloader.
But we need to know exactly which is its original firmware before it stucks there.

jrodbrown58

I've got it fixed...turns out the battery was bad. So luckily I switched it out with an atrix HD with a broken screen we had and it booted right up so I rooted, unlocked the bootloader and flashed the stock logo and a custom ROM. All smiles now! Thanks for everyone's help!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

PCiE

Dec 31, 2013
The boot looping which you mean is going to the fastboot mode, right?
Did you try to enter bootmenu (turn off phone, hold both vol + and vol - then press press powermenu to turn on) and select "normal powerup"?

Can you tell me whether your phone has ATT logo on its screen's bottom?
Maybe flashing back to its correct original firmware by RSDLite can help to bring it back then we can root and unlock bootloader.
But we need to know exactly which is its original firmware before it stucks there.

Having a issue with bootlooping, I unlocked the bootloader. I tried to install stock firmware but the phone doesnt even get past the motorola symbol it justs goes blank that tries to boot again. I can get it in to fastboot though. Its ATT version, is there anyway I can fix it?

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Did Myth complete the flashing process? Have you tried using RSD lite to flash stock?

fudpucker

May 31, 2014
think im bootlooped after changing a digitizer

Someone in a club that i am in ask if anyone fixed phones, I'm a hobbyist, but very good with hardware and worked on countless ipods, tablets, Iphones, you name it. Some of you guys are like GOD MODE ON but i get buy, and really was just trying to help someone. (i haven't even cashed her check) so i tell her hey 15 bucks a phone i'll change the glass if you buy the parts.. grrr my mistake. i got this atrix hd. all i did was change the digitizer and now it hangs at the at&T screen... i tried RSD and flashed successfully, i tried myth and flashed successfully. i have no idea whats wrong with this POS.. i can get in fast boot and recovery ok. Does this phone need a sim in for first boot? i'm loosing my mind, i can't help but wonder if it's the new chinese digitizer, I wish i could get a system log outta this thing to see how it's hanging up.... any help would be greatly appreciated.

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Someone in a club that i am in ask if anyone fixed phones, I'm a hobbyist, but very good with hardware and worked on countless ipods, tablets, Iphones, you name it. Some of you guys are like GOD MODE ON but i get buy, and really was just trying to help someone. (i haven't even cashed her check) so i tell her hey 15 bucks a phone i'll change the glass if you buy the parts.. grrr my mistake. i got this atrix hd. all i did was change the digitizer and now it hangs at the at&T screen... i tried RSD and flashed successfully, i tried myth and flashed successfully. i have no idea whats wrong with this POS.. i can get in fast boot and recovery ok. Does this phone need a sim in for first boot? i'm loosing my mind, i can't help but wonder if it's the new chinese digitizer, I wish i could get a system log outta this thing to see how it's hanging up.... any help would be greatly appreciated.

What ROM was on there before you changed the digitizer? Have you tried flashing a custom recovery and a custom ROM?

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs

There's a chance that it could be the digitizer. About a week ago I replaced my Dad's digitizer and I read a crap ton of reviews before purchasing the one I did. Of the bad ones, a few had people complaining about it not working, most were the top 10% of the screen wouldn't respond to touches (like swiping down the nonfiction drawer), and I saw a couple describing your situation.

If you never had a custom rom installed, were rooted, or had the bootloader unlocked before doing this, I doubt that there's anything you can flash that'll fix this. If the bootloader was unlocked before doing this and there was a custom rom installed on the phone, you might have to flash Philz CWM, format the internal sd, and change its mount point to /data/media then format it again. Not changing the internal sd mount point after flashing a fastboot when coming from custom 4.2+ roms causes bootloops.

This is the digitizer I used to fix my Dad's Atrix HD last week. He hasn't had a problem with it whatsoever. My Dad is an ass of the highest degree so I'd know with a loud angry voice if there was ANY minor issue with it.

Reactions: fudpucker

fudpucker

May 31, 2014
AT&T splash screen stuck after chinese digitizer install

There's a chance that it could be the digitizer. About a week ago I replaced my Dad's digitizer and I read a crap ton of reviews before purchasing the one I did. Of the bad ones, a few had people complaining about it not working, most were the top 10% of the screen wouldn't respond to touches (like swiping down the nonfiction drawer), and I saw a couple describing your situation.

If you never had a custom rom installed, were rooted, or had the bootloader unlocked before doing this, I doubt that there's anything you can flash that'll fix this. If the bootloader was unlocked before doing this and there was a custom rom installed on the phone, you might have to flash Philz CWM, format the internal sd, and change its mount point to /data/media then format it again. Not changing the internal sd mount point after flashing a fastboot when coming from custom 4.2+ roms causes bootloops.

Ok so there are multiple questions to answer here.

#1 i do not recall which rom was on the phone.. although it appears it was the lastest AT&T as RSD re-Flashed it with a pass. I suppose i should have checked but i've never ran in to this situation. I was just changing the glass out.... you remove about 16 screws, pop the glass out and put a new one it...

#2 the customer does not want the phone rooted or moded, just stock

#3 the bootloader is locked and mythtool instructions are saying you have to be in debugging mode to unlock.... thats not gonna happen cause it don't boot..

So does anyone know if this thing needs a sim for a first boot after an actuall battery pull?

Also..
I unplugged the digitizer and tried to boot thinking hey other phones will boot without the digitizer, but same thing... AT&T Screen and it's hung. everything on this board is shielded.. so i doubt it got ESD zapped, and i did take static potective precautions.

I bet this thing would look good with a .45cal hole in it.

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
Ok so there are multiple questions to answer here.

#1 i do not recall which rom was on the phone.. although it appears it was the lastest AT&T as RSD re-Flashed it with a pass. I suppose i should have checked but i've never ran in to this situation. I was just changing the glass out.... you remove about 16 screws, pop the glass out and put a new one it...

#2 the customer does not want the phone rooted or moded, just stock

#3 the bootloader is locked and mythtool instructions are saying you have to be in debugging mode to unlock.... thats not gonna happen cause it don't boot..

So does anyone know if this thing needs a sim for a first boot after an actuall battery pull?

Also..
I unplugged the digitizer and tried to boot thinking hey other phones will boot without the digitizer, but same thing... AT&T Screen and it's hung. everything on this board is shielded.. so i doubt it got ESD zapped, and i did take static potective precautions.

I bet this thing would look good with a .45cal hole in it.

#1 That's what I'd assume...and it's 22 screws with fine threading... And if you're getting the AT&T boot logo after a fastboot flash, the bootloader is locked.

#2 Customer's loss

#3 Never actually tested that, but I've never once needed a sim for it to boot up....actually, my first boot ever might have been sim free...been a year now so I'm not really sure.

And I didn't take static precautions.

You didn't accidentally warp or mess up the motherboard on the blow dryer part of the digitizer swap? Or any unnecessary bending on the board with you were prying the screen from it? Those two are the only "dangerous" parts in any Atrix HD repair...unless someone isn't steady with a screwdriver, then there are 46 "dangerous" parts to the repair.

Next time you power up the phone, hold down both volumes and power to access the boot menu. Use volume down to scroll to recovery and volume up to select it. Once in recovery, do a factory reset as well as any cache or dalvik wipes available. If a fastboot flash and all the wipes in stock recovery don't fix it, I'm not really sure what will aside from a new motherboard -- in which case you're better off spending an extra 20-30 and just getting a used Atrix HD like I did....I mean, 50 for just a motherboard or 80 for the all the hardware plus accessories...not really a hard choice seeing as the customer will at least have some backup repair parts in case something bad happens in the future.

fudpucker

May 31, 2014
Stock recovery is worthless

#1 That's what I'd assume...and it's 22 screws with fine threading... And if you're getting the AT&T boot logo after a fastboot flash, the bootloader is locked.

did the factory reset and delete cache.. stock recovery doesn't give an option for dalvik cache... :( can you flash phills with a locked bootloader?

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs

did the factory reset and delete cache.. stock recovery doesn't give an option for dalvik cache... :( can you flash phills with a locked bootloader?

The only thing you can flash with a locked bootloader is your stock rom with fastboot. That's it. When locked, if manually flashing all the partitions, flashing with RSD, wiping everything that can be wiped, and you're still not booting, then the phone is either truly bricked or you're not doing something correctly.

The only exception to the above is if something went bad during the OTA and you have some sort of partition mix up, in which case the official fastboot for the OTA might fix it for you -- there isn't a stock fastboot for the OTA yet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mythtools is your friend. Here's a link to the thread.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2262726

[Tools][TheMythTeam] Myth Tools for Atrix HD - Update v1.3 (24/03) - Big Update

Sent from my MB886 using XDA Free mobile app

This is the digitizer I used to fix my Dad's Atrix HD last week. He hasn't had a problem with it whatsoever. My Dad is an ass of the highest degree so I'd know with a loud angry voice if there was ANY minor issue with it.