[TOOL] [UPDATE 04/09/2015] Flashtool version 0.9.19.10 - Windows / Linux / Mac

Search This thread

Androxyde

Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2010
Paris
www.flashtool.net
Hi People.

I´m new with the XperiaX10, i since i'm getting old, i´m becoming too fearfull of doing anything that could 'brick' my fone. :( - I´ve tried root once, but the app crashed and i had to reinstall Sony firmware because any further try to root accused "phone already rooted", while any attempt to unroot accused "phone not rooted".

I´ve saw in this tool a chance to simplify the process to root my phone (my intention is to remove some Sony apps from the phone).

Actualy my fone is a X10a with firmware "2.1-update1".
(Base band: 2.0.46 - Kernel 2.6.29 SEMCUser@SEMChost #1)
Version 2.0.A.0.504

I can use this app just to root the phone?

If yes... which steps i must follow?

Thanks for the attention, and sorry to be so noooooob.

Yes, you can use this tool to just root.

Enable USB Debugging and unknown sources on your phone
Connect it to the computer
Press root button and wait for the phone reboot
After reboot, you should have root :)

Reactions: Lofwyr

Androxyde

Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2010
Paris
www.flashtool.net
About time I registered. I've been checking this site and the great work it has been doing for months.
Would appreciate any help with geting this new flash tool onto my phone so I can hook it up with some duel touch.
Ive rooted and have xrecovery. I've installed flashtool 0.2.4 onto my computer and installed the drivers, but when I connect my phone in flash mode and press flash, I haven't got any firmware in the window to install. The green light stays on my phone for about 15 secs then the phone boots up.
Any idea on what im doing wrong?
am I able to transfer flashtool 0.2.4 to my phone and open it with xrecovery?
I've been checking threads for hours but can't work it out.
Thanks, Luke

For the moment, there is no firmware link for this version of the tool.
On the first post of this thread, there is a link to firmwares for flashtool v0.2.3

The v0.2.4 offers an ability to convert a 0.2.3 firmware to a 0.2.4 version using the Create Bundle feature in the Advanced menu. Once bundle is OK, press flash and you will have something in the list :)

Turn your phone to flashmode only when the program asks you to otherwise, it will boot normal.

U5tabil

Jan 21, 2011
Stavanger
Manage to get the root :D works fine :)

But im wondering what does the "Clean" button do? Is there a readme file for this application so i can study?

Androxyde

Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2010
Paris
www.flashtool.net
Manage to get the root :D works fine :)

But im wondering what does the "Clean" button do? Is there a readme file for this application so i can study?

This feature is for removing / reinstalling apps in the /system/app folder of your phone.
The first time you run this feature, it shows you a default safe list of apps to remove. You can modifie this list by moving apps from one list to the other etc etc. While you have not clicked on OK, nothing is done on the phone. After clicking OK, the phone will reboot (longer reboot than usual because the cache is deleted before rebooting so the phone has to rebuild it). And will not anymore have apps you marked for deletion. Apps are all saved in the FlashTool\custom\apps_saved folder

U5tabil

Jan 21, 2011
Stavanger
This feature is for removing / reinstalling apps in the /system/app folder of your phone.
The first time you run this feature, it shows you a default safe list of apps to remove. You can modifie this list by moving apps from one list to the other etc etc. While you have not clicked on OK, nothing is done on the phone. After clicking OK, the phone will reboot (longer reboot than usual because the cache is deleted before rebooting so the phone has to rebuild it). And will not anymore have apps you marked for deletion. Apps are all saved in the FlashTool\custom\apps_saved folder

Cool thanks.

So this also works as an backup kind of? i can install apps again.

Androxyde

Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2010
Paris
www.flashtool.net
I removed alot from the list that came up, didn't remove all though. But now when it restarts it is stuck on the SE screen in the start :confused: what do i do now?

In such case, if you are lucky, the tool should be able to connect to the phone and you should be able to run the clean task again and restore removed apps.

If not, the only solution is to flash your phone using the tool or using SEUS or PCCompagnon. (in such case, remove the battery for 5 secs, get it back into the phone and use pccompagnon or seus to restore your phone following instructions if you are not sure about flashing with the flashtool). It will at least get your phone back to life lol

U5tabil

Jan 21, 2011
Stavanger
In such case, if you are lucky, the tool should be able to connect to the phone and you should be able to run the clean task again and restore removed apps.

If not, the only solution is to flash your phone using the tool or using SEUS or PCCompagnon. (in such case, remove the battery for 5 secs, get it back into the phone and use pccompagnon or seus to restore your phone following instructions if you are not sure about flashing with the flashtool). It will at least get your phone back to life lol

Thank you that worked!

But how can i get this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=920669&highlight=multitouch app installed?

Last edited:

LJE

Jan 21, 2011
Gold Coast
For the moment, there is no firmware link for this version of the tool.
On the first post of this thread, there is a link to firmwares for flashtool v0.2.3

The v0.2.4 offers an ability to convert a 0.2.3 firmware to a 0.2.4 version using the Create Bundle feature in the Advanced menu. Once bundle is OK, press flash and you will have something in the list :)

Turn your phone to flashmode only when the program asks you to otherwise, it will boot normal.

Ok thanks Androxyde
So I take it I only need 0.2.3 version to install duel touch?

Androxyde

Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2010
Paris
www.flashtool.net
I manage to start installing but it is stuck on this now.

21/050/2011 14:50:44 - INFO - Start Flashing
21/050/2011 14:50:44 - INFO - Sending loader
21/050/2011 14:50:48 - INFO - Loader sent
21/050/2011 14:50:48 - INFO - Flashing kernel.sin
21/050/2011 14:50:53 - INFO - Flashing finished.
21/050/2011 14:50:53 - INFO - Now unplug the device and power it on
21/050/2011 14:50:53 - INFO - Then go to application settings
21/050/2011 14:50:53 - INFO - turn on Unknown Sources and Debugging

Or do i just need to wait for a while now?

Lol, just follow instructions, unplug the phone from the computer and power it on ;-) To test if dual touch is there, install the app MultiTouch Tester (free from market)

Lofwyr

Dec 9, 2010

Worked like a charm... so easy that i've gone all the way eneabling JIT e doing some cleanup on some factory apps. Very amazing.

Thank you and Bin4ry for this! Your donation is already on PayPal ;).

Last edited:

joey3038

Jan 20, 2011
Anna Il

sorry to tell you this but i tried that all day, and no luck. the difference i think is if the rom on the fone is the orginal 1.6 that ships with the fone aka ( never been hacked before). after i used the 0.2.4 flash toll which took me awhile to figure out first time user, i was able to root the fone no problem.
i have att got in december of 2010 free upgrade. location usa

Androxyde

Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2010
Paris
www.flashtool.net
sorry to tell you this but i tried that all day, and no luck. the difference i think is if the rom on the fone is the orginal 1.6 that ships with the fone aka ( never been hacked before). after i used the 0.2.4 flash toll which took me awhile to figure out first time user, i was able to root the fone no problem.
i have att got in december of 2010 free upgrade. location usa

Actually it is true you can just root if and only if you are on a 2.1 rom (official or not, branded or not). The exploit used to gain root access is for Android 2.1 versions.
If you are on a 1.6 rom, you have to flash first to upgrade to 2.1 :)

archanged

Jan 20, 2011
i've got an Xperia X8 2 days ago (i know this is the X10 thread, but the thread is applicable also to X8).. i have updated it from donut to eclair yesterday and rooted it as well, and everything was fine.. earlier today, i was researching about putting app2sd in my X8, so i've followed a tutorial from a thread here in xda.. i think i did everything right but after installing app2sd my phone rebooted and freezes at the black screen with white "Sony Ericsson" text.. i can't turn it off unless i take the battery off.. so i did, but after i put the battery back, it turned back on (without me even pushing the on/off button) and freezes at the sony ericsson text screen again.. so i did a research and read about flashing http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=917462.. i did follow the instructions but after the "Flashing finished", "Now unplug the device and power it on", "Then go to application settings", turn on Unknown Sources and Debugging", i unplugged my X8, turned it on, but it still freezes at the sony ericsson text screen.. i've read that i should not be alarmed because the resumption process will take a while, but it is already 40 minutes, is it still normal? can you help me fix my X8 please?:( thanks!

-archie

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [TOOL] [UPDATE 21/12/2016] Flashtool version 0.9.23.0 - Windows / Linux / Mac

Hi,

I will take the lead on releases of this tool as Bin4ry will have less time to work on it.

For all flashtool informations (download links, changelog, screenshot gallery, FAQ, Firmwares repository) go to the Flashtool Homepage

Flashtool sources are on github : Androxyde repositories

WARNING : Since Xperia Z, sony added a new set of files I called bootbundle. Those files can be bundled from 0.9.13 and can be flashed from 0.9.13 only. To all those flashing devices from Z edition to all after Z, it is highly advised to use 0.9.13 and to be sure FTF you flash contain the bootbundle set. I've been reported of hard bricks because of missing such set of files from bundles.

I WANT TO GET YOUR ATTENTION ABOUT THE LATEST BRANCH 0.9.19. Without FSC, the tool will by default include simlock.ta if this file is present in the FTF. The result will be a bricked phone
    As a workaround, until I release a patch, please please tick the exlude simlock.ta if you see it in the list.
    0.9.19.6 fixes the simlock.ta issue. This file is by default excluded. Then it will not be flashed until you explicitely untick the exlcude simlock box. Do it at your own risk.

Regards
    Androxyde
    Baseband-package from 2.1.A.0.435 (X10i):
    http://www.multiupload.com/DBPJSA702G

Regards
    Bin4ry
    Here are mirrors if anyone needs them :) All on my Server.

Windows
    Linux
    Mac
    A new version of Flashtool will be released very soon with support for XZPremium, XZ1 and XZ1 compact

This release will move from java8 to java9. As a consequence, Flashtool will not run on 32bits OS platforms as java9 is 64bits only
    Hello all :)

Here is a beta version of FT (0.9.17.1)
    Here is a beta version of FT (0.9.17.2)

This release can normally root latest devices (towelroot implemented)

This release has a new feature : Check Devices -> Check update. Choose a device and you will have a table of CDF. Double click on one of them it will check release. Double click again once release is fetched and FT will download / decrypt and create FTF from files downloaded from sony servers :)

Feel free to report if you find bugs.
    PS : This update applies only on release 0.9.16.1 or 0.9.17.1

(Beta.zip as attachement to this post)