Gingerbread to come out at end of march

Search This thread

maschu666

Jun 10, 2010
But we know the update politics of Samsung. I think it would be around September ;-)

Darkyy 9.3b3 * DAMIANGTO Kernel * XXJPY * ADW Ex * SteelBlue 2.01 Theme

elviroo

Jul 15, 2010
@ragin: i dont think they meant gingerbread release in general, because its already available with the nexus s.

colind

Dec 30, 2009
another one saying same old **** we wont get gingerbread its on nexus so we may get ice cream which is cross between 2.3 and 3.0 its ice cream sandwich 2.4 but only if we are lucky there is now galaxy s 2 so the end is coming

Valeo

Sep 4, 2010
London
another one saying same old **** we wont get gingerbread its on nexus so we may get ice cream which is cross between 2.3 and 3.0 its ice cream sandwich 2.4 but only if we are lucky there is now galaxy s 2 so the end is coming

You saying that we won't get 2.3 is just as helpful as the OP's post - zero facts, just I think, he said, she said etc.

azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
i dont think we will get it either, i think samsungs main focus now is the Galaxy s2,,

its typical of samsung to ditch its old owners and favour the new ones.. But if it wasnt for us Galaxy S1 owners,,, there would be no Galaxy S2....

Hopefully Cyanogen Mod will be stable before this 'gingerbread release' and thats exactly what im gunna use.

g00ndu

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2008
In my region we don't even have 2.2.1, I dare not think so far as yet. :(

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

lgkahn

Mar 26, 2010
londonderry
well 2.2.1 with speedmod and voodoo sound my phone is finally doing everything i wanted/needed of it with good battery and performance. so i am happy for the moment.. will be picking up an sgs ii hopefully bootloader will be unlocked or i may be selling it quick.

Dilbert83

Dec 20, 2010
Walsall
I believe we will get the 2.3. I've been running 2.2.1 since 27/12/10 so march/april would be about right for an update.

jj03

Oct 19, 2010
It does make sense that samsung would give us gingerbread. Afterall, right now, they are heavily promoting the galaxy S, even on the dawn of the galaxy S2 arriving. I'd say we'll be supported for some time to come.

i9000/JPY. fast n lagfree. good times.

t1mman

Oct 8, 2008
What a bunch of useless haters are you!

Why don't you take the time to look and see how much devices HAVE 2.3 before dissing Samsung...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Android_devices

And the only way HTC has more devices with update is because of Nexus One, similar hardware = easyer update... But then, the desire (to name this one) just got 2.2 in the US...

Galaxy S, with a pretty much different hardware got it faster!

colind

Dec 30, 2009
well as stated i honestly dont believe we will get official upgrade as nothing showing on open source or samfirmware they said in dec it will be out in feb here we are at the end of said month still no gingerbread think we may get ice cream 2.4 but much later in year ----looks as though cynagenmod 7 nearly there so be only way to get 2.3 been watching tried earlier release very stable so now waiting on codeworks as be waiting long time for samsung nw they have a new babie sgs 2

Last edited:

got-petrol

Sep 26, 2010
wombwell uk
Perhaps not ready for this particular device yet? Or they are keeping an extremely tight lid on it?

if samsung was going to update the phone past froyo why havnt the said it is getting ginger bread officaily to sell more galaxy s..if any body replys that samsung india twitter said it is.. they said ginger beard was going to be releaed for our phones i dont wait a beard on my phone and dont thing any body else does

_JKay_

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 12, 2010
If SGS is to get Android 2.3 it will be a few months after the release of SGSII. Because 2.3 is a selling point for SGSII. But SGSII really need Android 2.4 to get better dual core support. And 2.3 really isn't that big an upgrade.
So I would suggest that you forget about 2.3 and enjoy your great and fast SGS with 2.2.1 for now.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i had talk with a guy working in samsung and he told me that Gingerbread will come out of testing in march/april i hope it will be available in april :)