[APP] Galaxy Icon Themer - Add Icon Pack Support to TouchWiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

xperiacle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 12, 2012
Hello Friends,

Just dropped by to share my app GALAXY ICON THEMER. As the name implies it is an icon themer for rooted Samsung Galaxy devices on TouchWiz ROMs. It would seem that some Samsung Galaxy devices have native built-in Icon Pack Theming support since Jelly Bean as discovered by @M_J_Nazari although supported icon packs are limited (barely exist) as it does not support popular icon packs from the Play Store. Curiously, I wondered if it was possible to enable support for Play Store icon packs (ADW, Nova, Apex, Go, Solo, etc.) and so with some testing, I was able to do so and made this app for convenience as the manual process would take like forever.

This is a beta release so expect some bugs/issues.

SUPPORTED DEVICES: most Samsung Galaxy devices on ROOTED TouchWiz ROMs {JellyBean 4.1.2 and above including Kitkat} although not sure which devices has complete native built-in theming engine/framework/code. The theming engine may be different between devices so there may be issues/problems to consider. This app has nothing to do with the way the theming engine works or coded.

DOWNLOAD below. Install. Install some icon packs from the Play Store (most icon packs but not all). Run the app, grant supersu permission and go De-TouchWizise your stock launcher. Effect for icon theming is ALMOST systemwide. Effect on stock launcher needs no reboot, just a launcher restart which is done by the app itself. Effect systemwide needs at least a soft reboot. ENJOY. :)

GET the PRO version
- offers per app icon theming with ability to pick icons from gallery or custom icon sets.

I would appreciate feedback/suggestions.

Attachments

• GalaxyIconThemer_xda_v1.0.apk
    226.2 KB · Views: 20,253
  • 2014-06-24-02-04-55.jpg
    2014-06-24-02-04-55.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 5,819
  • 2014-06-24-02-05-19.jpg
    2014-06-24-02-05-19.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 5,595
  • 2014-06-17-14-17-04.jpg
    2014-06-17-14-17-04.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 6,046
  • 2014-06-24-02-05-51.jpg
    2014-06-24-02-05-51.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 5,614
  • 2014-06-24-02-06-30.jpg
    2014-06-24-02-06-30.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 5,412
  • 2014-06-24-02-06-56.jpg
    2014-06-24-02-06-56.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 5,113
Last edited:

mas.master

Jun 24, 2014
Melbourne
Works

Thanks for you work.
It works on my s4 i9507 running stock 4.2.2 I9507XXUAMH2.
works with about 50% off icon packs i have installed.

abuarman

Feb 14, 2013
Must admire this.this is what we missed alot for touchwhiz.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

harland3

Feb 9, 2011
San Diego, CA
It doesn't seem to be working for me on my Galaxy S5.

I gave the app root permission, then downloaded a bunch of themes. I can tap the themes, hit "OK" on the "Apply selected theme?" message, then I even get a "Theme Applied" toast message. But nothing changes on the stock Touchwiz Home launcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Friends,

Just dropped by to share my app GALAXY ICON THEMER. As the name implies it is an icon themer for rooted Samsung Galaxy devices on TouchWiz ROMs. It would seem that some Samsung Galaxy devices have native built-in Icon Pack Theming support since Jelly Bean as discovered by @M_J_Nazari although supported icon packs are limited (barely exist) as it does not support popular icon packs from the Play Store. Curiously, I wondered if it was possible to enable support for Play Store icon packs (ADW, Nova, Apex, Go, Solo, etc.) and so with some testing, I was able to do so and made this app for convenience as the manual process would take like forever.

This is a beta release so expect some bugs/issues.

SUPPORTED DEVICES: most Samsung Galaxy devices on ROOTED TouchWiz ROMs {JellyBean 4.1.2 and above including Kitkat} although not sure which devices has complete native built-in theming engine/framework/code. The theming engine may be different between devices so there may be issues/problems to consider. This app has nothing to do with the way the theming engine works or coded.

DOWNLOAD below. Install. Install some icon packs from the Play Store (most icon packs but not all). Run the app, grant supersu permission and go De-TouchWizise your stock launcher. Effect for icon theming is ALMOST systemwide. Effect on stock launcher needs no reboot, just a launcher restart which is done by the app itself. Effect systemwide needs at least a soft reboot. ENJOY. :)

GET the PRO version
    - offers per app icon theming with ability to pick icons from gallery or custom icon sets.

I would appreciate feedback/suggestions.
    What's the difference between paid an free versions

On pro version you would have "per app" icon control whether using custom photo from gallery or installed icon set. :good:
    Whats the difference in this and Unicon, I'm already using.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005

I think they are same :)
    Thanks a lot

Sent from SM-N900P - NOTE 3
    i was about to purchase the paid version but when tried free version i saw not all apps are getting themed \\ why dev ??

if someone can help il buy the paid version happily :)
    Buying paid version would let you have "per app" option so that you can choose any icon whether from gallery or existing icon pack for those apps which are not themed.