[Q] Has anyone who has soft bricked his phone tried this?

Search This thread

hd2life

Nov 29, 2010
This is for those who have updated the phone via OTA to .629 and then tried to sbf back to an older sbf resulting in a soft brick. Anyone else plz do don't attempt this since there is a good chance you will brick your phone. They did this on Droid X to get root on the new update, basically they used Milestone X sbf that can be rooted and flashed it over. Maybe Droid2Global could use Milestone 2 sbf files. We could use this to get root and unbrick some devices. Download 2.3.4 or above since it maybe has a chance to flash successfully on our phone. link for sbf files http://and-developers.com/sbf:milestone2

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Last edited:

zyy757

Aug 3, 2011
Guangdong,China
the droid x and milestone x, are almost identical, just different radio
the D2G and milestone 2 have different radios, processors and maybe others

edit: it seems that motorola only use the OMAP3630-1200 processor in the D2G
milestone 2 has TI OMAP3630-1000

I did find a 4.3" MOTO™ ME811(motorola shadow) with the same processor TI OMAP3630-1200
not saying it's an option just interesting

Long time ago I have tried flash me722(milestone2 in China) system to DROID2 GLOBAL by cwm. It work, but I can't call others (radio? ),but I haven't tried sbf.
Sorry for my badly English

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using xda premium

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
not much, if your already stuck at bootloader

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Without .629 sbf, is very danger to try that
that's the propose of this thread
This is for those who have updated the phone via OTA to .629 and then tried to sbf back to an older sbf resulting in a soft brick

zyy757

Aug 3, 2011
Guangdong,China
I think no matter OMAP3630 - 1000 or OMAP 3630 - 1200,the driver is the same, if someone really want to try this way to save soft-bricked , I prefer use milestone 2 sbf to use dx 's...
BTW ME811 is DROIDX in china, use uim card

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using xda premium

silver6054

Nov 16, 2010
yes, someone, is going to have to risk their phone
read how droid x users did it @ rootzwiki
there are lots of SBFs here http://sbf.droid-developers.org/

The droid X approach was from a working phone right (using the .621 SBF if needed) and part of the trick was to keep the working VZ radio version (so using Linux SBF rather than RSDlite). On a softbricked D2G, do we know if the radio is intact after the failed SBF?

hd2life

Nov 29, 2010
The droid X approach was from a working phone right (using the .621 SBF if needed) and part of the trick was to keep the working VZ radio version (so using Linux SBF rather than RSDlite). On a softbricked D2G, do we know if the radio is intact after the failed SBF?

It should make no difference if the phone is working or not, important thing is to find a sbf that will flash on our phone. You would need to use Linux to keep the radio yea, but even if you use RSDlight it should flash fine but you will have a different radio. Too bad we don't have a sbf file yet, I want to try to install milestone rom since i live in Europe. It can be rooted and is better for a GSM Network.