[ROM][Team WHOMP!] Whompasaurus Rom V1.0 -Feel the ROAR!!! [ALL4] 2/20/13

Search This thread

1ManWolfePack

Jul 11, 2012
Re: [ROM][Team WHOMP!] Whompasaurus Rom BETA R2 [ALL4] 2/19/13

How about you changing the text color in the OP from blue to a color that's readable?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
I agree 100 percent, I have a hard time reading the blue on the phone and not just in this app either. The cnet app uses a lot of blue and I can barely read it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Goodness gracias!! Really??? This is how we greet two new developers BLINDLY building?

Go kick rocks... You should be kicked out of android. Change your damn background color.

/rant

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

evolutioncsr

Apr 12, 2008
Arlington, TX
Red Magic 6S Pro
Goodness gracias!! Really??? This is how we greet two new developers BLINDLY building?

Go kick rocks... You should be kicked out of android. Change your damn background color.

/rant

Thank you for the defense :). We will be keeping the OP the way it is. We can't please everyone though we try. First time I have ever heard this complaint.

djsbad

May 9, 2012

Well there u go, problem solved most likely, this would probably be so much more helpful in the OP or last night before I flashed haha. Thanks for the info and to the dev for the hard work, I'll try again tonight. Thanks.

Be sure to let us know how it goes lol.

1ManWolfePack

Jul 11, 2012

Thank you for the defense :). We will be keeping the OP the way it is. We can't please everyone though we try. First time I have ever heard this complaint.

No problem. I started at your OP and read every page. Came to those two quoted posts and couldn't believe it.

The sense of entitlment in android nowadays is nauseating. Keep fighting the good fight :)

hopesrequiem

May 27, 2011

No problem. I started at your OP and read every page. Came to those two quoted posts and couldn't believe it.

The sense of entitlment in android nowadays is nauseating. Keep fighting the good fight :)

Good ole wolf. Putting noobs in their places since I can remember haha

ffuser1

Feb 1, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Note II
HTC 10
before i install, can anyone say whether hitting the home button with the screen turned off either a)turns the screen on (like in cleanrom) or b)turns the screen on and registers as a home button press such that it exits back to the main screen (like in beans)?

Reactions: trapperjohn

hopesrequiem

May 27, 2011
Wanna install this do bad but scared after hearing the horror stories from two beta testers I knew. Waiting to hear results first but it looks AMAZING

cincyelite22

Jul 30, 2011
Cincinnati
Definetly safe to flash. Only problems I have heard of beta testers having was when they were coming from international ports and try to flash other carriee ports on top. This one was rebased to avoid those spontaneous errors.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: hopesrequiem

NattyBee

Dec 11, 2010
Well, I installed....froze up on the install wizard...then on boot it repeatedly froze on the setup wizard and gave repeated FC on the Samsung keyboard...i restored my nandroid of stock rooted

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

svan71

Feb 1, 2011
Vincentown
no way

Well, I installed....froze up on the install wizard...then on boot it repeatedly froze on the setup wizard and gave repeated FC on the Samsung keyboard...i restored my nandroid of stock rooted

Stock Rooted? Dude why? Scotts Rom SE 1.5 youll never go stock again...

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

so.....anyone gonna comment on this thing or what.......

Im scared to try this blind rom on a $700 dollar phone...Im waiting just like you..:silly:

cincyelite22

Jul 30, 2011
Cincinnati

What option did you check for the samsung keyboard mod? I have installed the rom just fine as I got my hands on a Verizon device last night. Just need to know so that I can look into it.

Namolas

Feb 6, 2009
Vancouver

I didn't have any problems at all with the aroma installer or the set up assistant and I haven't seen a single force close. Everything is super smooth so far, I'm still exploring.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    teamwhomp.jpg

presents_zps5069f28b.jpg

WhompasaurusRom_zps3c005903.jpg

whomp.jpg

An ultra smooth, rock stable, and tweaked out stock rom! Offering great battery life, endless options, and putting the installation of the rom in the control of the user. Team Whomp is dedicated toward improving this rom and listening to the users to make it greater.

theteam_zps88686065.jpg

EvolutionCSR: Developer
    Cincyelite22: Developer

romfeatures_zps66bdfec6.jpg

Code:
    [center]
    [SIZE="3"][I]
    [u][B][COLOR="blue"]Aroma Installer:[/COLOR][/B][/u][/center]
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Installation Options:[/COLOR][/B]Full Install, Mod and Theme Install
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Touchwiz Launchers:[/COLOR][/B]TW 4x4, TW5x6, Rotating TW4x4, Rotating TW 5x6
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Optional Launchers:[/COLOR][/B]Nova, Apex, Android 4.2 Launcher
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Status Bar Transparency:[/COLOR][/B]No Transparency, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Notification Pull Down Transparency:[/COLOR][/B]No Transparency, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Quick Toggle Colors:[/COLOR][/B] Stock, Baby Blue, Blue, Green, Magenta, Orange, Purple, Red, Yellow
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Drop Down Bar Colors:[/COLOR][/B] Stock, Baby Blue, Blue, Green, Magenta, Orange, Purple, Red, Yellow
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Battery Mods:[/COLOR][/B] Stock, Blue Circle, Circles, Digital Numbers, Green Circle, ICS Circle, Meter, Red, Stars, Stock W/ Percent
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Center Clock:[/COLOR][/B] Align Clock Center, Align Clock Right
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Optional Mods:[/COLOR][/B] Call Recording, Resizable Popup Browser, Ad Block, Increased Volume Levels, Auto Correct for Samsung Keyboard, On Screen Navigation Keys
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Google:[/COLOR][/B] Play Store, Maps, Street, Google Now & Search, GMail, GTalk, Youtube, Play Music, Play Books, Play Magazines
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Samsung:[/COLOR][/B] All Share, Groupcast, Kies, Media Hub, Music Hub, Mobile Print, Samsung Apps, Pen Apps, S Suggest, S Voice, S Cloud
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Miscellaneous:[/COLOR][/B] Accuweather Apps, Adobe Flash, Amazon Apps, Dropbox, NFL Mobile, Polaris Office, VPN Client, Yahoo Apps, Flipboard, Live Wallpapers,Verizon Apps, Swype
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Jelly Bean Apps:[/COLOR][/B] Jelly Bean Keyboard, Jelly Bean Camera, Jelly Bean Desckclock
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Social Media:[/COLOR][/B] XDA, Twitter, Facebook, Google +
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-File Managers:[/COLOR][/B] ES File Explorer, Stock Samsung File Explorer
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Kernels:[/COLOR][/B] Stock Kernel, Perseus Kernel V32.1, Saber Kernel V13.4
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Boot Animation:[/COLOR][/B] Fossil Animation, Whomp on Fire Animation
    [b][center]
    [COLOR="navy"]
    -4in1 Reboot
    -5x6 TouchWiz Launcher W/ Scrolling Wallpaper
    -8 Color Options for Quick Toggles and Drop Down Bar
    -23 Quick Settings Toggles Mod
    -Awesome Beats Audio Mod
    -Ad Block
    -Android 4.2 Launcher, GMail, Keyboard, Camera, & Desk Clock
    -AOSP Lockscreen Option
    -AROMA Installer
    -Battery Tweaks
    -Black Status Bar
    -Build.prop Tweaks
    -Busy Box Support
    -Call Record Mod
    -Camera in Call enabled
    -Camera enabled with low battery
    -Camera Shutter Sound Option
    -Center Clock Mod
    -Contacts Tweaks
    -Custom Boot Animation
    -Debloated!
    -Disabled Full Charge Notification
    -Increased Call and Speaker Volume
    -MultiWindow w/ All apps enabled and 50% opacity
    -Multiple Kernel Selections
    -Network Tweaks
    -Notification LED Customization
    -On Screen Navigation Buttons
    -Percent Battery Mods
    -Perseus Kernel
    -Retheme and Remod Option in AROMA
    -Resizable Popup Browser
    -Rotating TouchWiz Launchers
    -Samsung Auto Correct Keyboard
    -SMS Tweaks
    -Stability
    -Stock Look
    -Stock Fonts
    -SuperUser
    -Transparent Pull Down
    -Transparent Status Bars
    -Volume Buttons as Shutter
    -Volume Skip Track enabled
    -Wallpaper Scrolling
    -Whompasaurus Built in Settings
    -Whompasaurs Wallpapers
    -Wifi Tether Mod[/COLOR][/center]
    [/I][/B][/SIZE]

screenshots_zps43b1a636.jpg

permission_zps9f5a4ab5.jpg

If anyone would like to use the work of Team WHOMP! all we ask is that you give us the credit due :)
    Thread cleaned
    There will be no profanity or disrespect on my forums
    Please read the rules, they are simple and easy to follow
    Please when posting bugs do not sound disgusted (with an ughhh) or entitled
    Simply list what was expected and what actually happened and the methods tried
    We try to encourage development here not discourage which is what happens with flame wars
    Thank you for your cooperation
    Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

How about you changing the text color in the OP from blue to a color that's readable?

I agree 100 percent, I have a hard time reading the blue on the phone and not just in this app either. The cnet app uses a lot of blue and I can barely read it.

/rant

I do admit some apology for the bugs that have been seen. I had access to the note on verizon for a night but really wanted to use that time to knock out the major beta bugs. I payed a coworker to give me his phone for the night so I could tighten it up. All the current bugs will get fixed and I apologize again for the stuff I missed. Thanks for all the feedback guys!!!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
    Got my hands on a note II on Verizon till tomorrow. Now that I can see what i've done ill fix a few bugs and we will put this out on official release. That includes a working boot ani. :) Messaging app is missing in beta r2 and status bar is still grey. Those will be fixed. If there is anything anyone else noticed let me know.

Thanks guys.