[Q] How to downgrade XperiaArc to Gingebread using my Apple computer?

Search This thread

Kennard1

Jun 29, 2014
Hi,
I am trying to downgrade my Xperia Arc from ICS to Gingerbread because it is very slow.
I found some information by when I try to download files required the files are only for windows.

Can I ask some geeks here to kindly provide very easy to understand step by step guide how to do it on my Apple computer? I am only average computer user and not very knowledgeable with this technical stuff.
Thank you.

Kennard1

Jun 29, 2014
Thank you. I manage to download both files.
As I mentioned in my first post I am not very knowledgeable how to do it, I never heard about this stuff.

Would you be so kind and point me in the right direction or provide link where can I find step by step guide how to do it?

Kennard1

Jun 29, 2014
]I decided to try it myself .Copied flashtool to firmware folder and when I start the process following message appear. I dont know if the firmware I downloaded is ok for Mac, thats the only one I found.
Shall I press ok or find "Mac" version of firmware. I can not find it anywhere.

Last edited:

Someguyfromhell

Feb 2, 2012
]I decided to try it myself .Copied flashtool to firmware folder and when I start the process following message appear. I dont know if the firmware I downloaded is ok for Mac, thats the only one I found.
Shall I press ok or find "Mac" version of firmware. I can not find it anywhere.

There are no Mac versions.

Drop the downloaded FTF file into the firmwares folder, then open Flashtool app. Then you should be able to see it.

Kennard1

Jun 29, 2014
Thanks, but I can not find any firmware folders
I saw a video on youtube how to do it on windows pc but have no idea how to do it on apple.

On windows pc:

3) Place firmware in correct location on your PC
Place the FTF file in the C:\Flashtool\firmwares folder.

Last edited:

Someguyfromhell

Feb 2, 2012
Thanks, but I can not find any firmware folders
I saw a video on youtube how to do it on windows pc but have no idea how to do it on apple.

On windows pc:

3) Place firmware in correct location on your PC
Place the FTF file in the C:\Flashtool\firmwares folder.

There is such folder. If you looked at the picture you posted, you would see such address
Code:
/Users/[your name]/Desktop/LT15i_4.0.2.A.0.62/FlashTool.app/Contents/MacOS/firmwares

Put the FTF into that directory.

Reactions: Kennard1

Kennard1

Jun 29, 2014
Thanks, I managed to start flashing.
However when I follow the prompts and press back button while connecting usb cable nothing is happening? Flash process do not start.

Top Liked Posts