RSS Hub CAB 2.1.1.1065 & Today Screen Plugin

Search This thread

Squishie

May 7, 2008
I've been having issues with this release of RSSHub, namely it won't allow me to delete any channels or categories. I've added a few "wrong" versions of my favorite RSS feeds (Non-podcast versions labelled under the exact same name) plus the program adds it's own pesonal RSS advertising it's other software titles that cannot be removed. Any ideas?

happy_fellow

Jun 23, 2009
Could someone please teach me how to install this cab file?

I have unzipped and copied the folder to my HTC diamond, then clicked on the setup file, but nothing happened and the RSS hub was not installed

Many thanks

kliptik

Apr 22, 2009
Austin, TX
Don't unzip the Cab file. Transfer it onto an easily found location on your device. after copying the CAB(s) to your device, find them using file explorer (on the device). just select the file and it will start installing. WM automatically extracts all of the files.

G

GuestD2718

A quick question, is it possible to use this with Google Reader?

I'd like to sync with my google account where my feeds are, is that possible?

: )

Twistedme

Apr 11, 2007
Tampa Bay area
A quick question, is it possible to use this with Google Reader?

I'd like to sync with my google account where my feeds are, is that possible?

: )

Yes you need to export your feeds to a myfeeds.opml file and then do a new channel and choose import from a file or url (OPML)
check your newsfeed app provider on how to export them to a opml and you should be gtg.

arealityfarbetween

Nov 7, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
finger scrolling through articles

Sorry if this is the wrong thread to post in but have just installed your cab on a rom i got for wm6.5 (Dan Solari v3.2).

Much obliged for the cab, as it works great and tbh, the today plugin is what's keeping me with the default today screen on wm instead of e.g. tf3d or titanium.

Just wondering, finger scrolling (ie. swipe left and right to change articles) worked ok on some htc roms and other cooked ones and doing a little reading the scrolling feature seems to be implemented by either tf3d scrolling or kinetic scrolling for wm6.5-so is there any way to get finger scrolling through articles working? Or any of you guys report article scrolling working with this cab in other rom versions?

Cheers!

EDIT: tested this with a wm6.1 rom and finger scrolling between articles working ok, so definitely not this cab with issue-it just doesn't play too nicely with wm6.5 atm. :)

Last edited:

lowteckh

Oct 9, 2009
Any ideas on increasing the update frequency to more than once every hour (if you change it in the individual settings, you're only allowed once per hour even if you changed the "program" menu to update every 5 minutes)?

Guy1in10

Mar 21, 2010
Help Please

Hi. If someone could please help, I'm trying to use RSS Hub and install on Internal Storage Card. I downloaded the files on the first post and followed the instructions but it keeps storing the files on the main memory in a file called Storage Card instead of the Internal Storage card. I finally start to use my sprint diamond to listen to podcasts but I can't download more than one because of low memory storage. Please help!

Also, is there a newer version of RSS Hub that would have finger scrolling?

Thank you!
Brad

kscsun

Mar 22, 2010
Text Size too SMALL

Even set the text size to largest, it is still too small for me. Is it possible to make it bigger?

Exitao

Aug 28, 2007
Vancouver
I was reading someone complaining they couldn't find the plugin who also stated they were using WinMo6.5 (which is usually Manilla).

Sorry to ask, is this a standard WinMo plugin, is it copmpatable with Manilla/Sense/Titanium?

aleunge

Aug 11, 2007
Hi. If someone could please help, I'm trying to use RSS Hub and install on Internal Storage Card. I downloaded the files on the first post and followed the instructions but it keeps storing the files on the main memory in a file called Storage Card instead of the Internal Storage card. I finally start to use my sprint diamond to listen to podcasts but I can't download more than one because of low memory storage. Please help!

Also, is there a newer version of RSS Hub that would have finger scrolling?

Thank you!
Brad

Might wanna check this out for a finger scrolling fix: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=765970