FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Sprint Galaxy Note ii metropcs mms fix

595 posts
Thanks Meter: 209

By oakieville, Senior Member on 9th May 2013, 07:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is a flashable zip to fix Mms messageing on Metropcs flashed Sprint Galaxy Note ii. Your phone must already be flashed to metropcs with working internet. Boot into recovery, flash the zip and reboot. Mms messaging should work from first boot ( with wifi off ).

Edit: I was ask to add some details as to wat the zips doing and wat I do. I edit the mms-config.xml in the stock Mms.apk/SecMms.apk to settings from verizon which work for metropcs, I also use an apns-conf.xml that I edited for metropcs. the zip will mount data and mount system, it will delete Mms.apk/SecMms.apk and Mms.odex/SecMms.odex, it will delete dalvik-cache for Mms.apk/SecMms.apk, it will delete the telephony.db file in /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/ which countains apns. it will replace Mms.apk/SecMms.apk with the one I edited for metropcs it also replaces the apns-conf.xml in /system/etc/ which countains the default apns for the one I edited for metropcs (on first boot the phone will create a new telephony.db with the default apns countained in this apns-conf.xml, that is why this fix lasts thru a datawipe/factory reset). The zip will also delete devicemanager.apk/sprintdevicemanager.apk/sprintdm.apk to remove the activation prompt every boot.For more details take a look at the updater-script.

I am not responsible for anything that happens

UPDATE: I have updated the 4.1.2tw zip mms now works while connected to wifi, you no longer need to turn off wifi

New zip can be found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2766197
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to oakieville For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oakieville Ad-Free
9th May 2013, 10:48 PM |#2  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 88

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakieville

This is a flashable zip to fix Mms messageing on Metropcs flashed Sprint Galaxy Note ii. Your phone must already be flashed to metropcs with working internet. Boot into recovery, flash the zip and reboot. Mms messaging should work from first boot ( with wifi off ).

Thank you oakieville, awesome job...

mrctony.
10th May 2013, 04:19 AM |#3  
Flag Fort Worth, Texas
Thanks Meter: 120

More
Quote:

Do you get 4G LTE on the note?. and if you do how does it work for you?

Thanks.
10th May 2013, 05:27 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag stockton

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by caguas56

Do you get 4G LTE on the note?. and if you do how does it work for you?

Thanks.

No thats not possible sprint lte and metropcs lte r not the same different frequencies wont work u only use the 3g modem when flashed to metropcs the phone is damn fast tho
The Following User Says Thank You to oakieville For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oakieville Ad-Free
10th May 2013, 06:57 AM |#5  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 283

More
Any chance we can get one for cricket? Nice job

Sent from a galaxy note 2 far far away...
10th May 2013, 07:27 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag stockton

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexiking713

Any chance we can get one for cricket? Nice job

Sent from a galaxy note 2 far far away...

Try this dont know if it will work at all
Attached Files
File Type: zip SPH-L900-MA7-cricket-mms-test-signed.zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.73 MB, 71 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to oakieville For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oakieville Ad-Free
10th May 2013, 07:31 AM |#7  
Flag Houston, TX

More
Quote:

Try this dont know if it will work at all

Trying it now thank you for the help
10th May 2013, 07:33 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag stockton

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Trying it now thank you for the help

Remember to try with wifi off
10th May 2013, 07:34 AM |#9  
Flag Houston, TX

More
Quote:

Remember to try with wifi off

ok just waiting on the phone to boot. Did you change anything in the secmm.apk file or is it stock?

Edit: it doesnt send. Ill keep testing if you can give it another try. Thank you
10th May 2013, 07:43 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag stockton

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

ok just waiting on the phone to boot. Did you change anything in the secmm.apk file or is it stock?

Edit: it doesnt send. Ill keep testing if you can give it another try. Thank you

Ill have to try tomorrow secmms is same one I fixed for metro
10th May 2013, 07:45 AM |#11  
Flag Houston, TX

More
Quote:

Ill have to try tomorrow secmms is same one I fixed for metro

I appreciate it thank you If you need me to test something just message me. Thanks again
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)