FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[THEME] Jumba's NeonGT 2.5 for JVR/JPx/JS3 (31.08 - NEW JVR PORT)

1,155 posts
Thanks Meter: 709

By Jumba, Senior Member on 4th January 2011, 10:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th February 2011, 01:38 PM |#1001  
OP Senior Member
Flag Johannesburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitecafe

Wow i cant believe so many ppl have problems. I flashed with no problems at all. My dialer works, my clock packaged is installed. More info: I installed the 2.5 full and running doc rom.

Now you know why I'm so confused.

9th February 2011, 01:41 PM |#1002  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumba

UPDATE: VERSION 2.5 RELEASED

Green clock in status bar.
Themed phone.apk - including built-in call recording.
Updated dialer.
Etc.
This is a full release, meaning all the files are in one zip. You don't need to have any previous versions installed.
Enjoy!

Thanks for all your hard work Jumba, it works very well on Doc v9.1.4!
Good time to the rest, but do not forget about us!
9th February 2011, 01:43 PM |#1003  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:

Now you know why I'm so confused.

Haha actually , 2 of the 3 reported errors are running darky ( in their sign the other didn say). I remember one month ago i try flashing Darky rom just for fun and i immediately notice the dangerous low space left in the system due to all the extra gimmick stuff Darky puts into the system folder. So i immediately flashed back to Doc rom running barebone.
9th February 2011, 01:46 PM |#1004  
Flag Brno
Thanks Meter: 25

Donate to Me
More
Luckily I had backup made before installing, so I am back on stock Darky's theme.

I am on Voodoo kernel 5.4.1 all lagfix disabled.

Not sure what do you mean by system partition? How to check the size of it if I am running out of space?

Maybe it could be that, so if you guide my I can test it
9th February 2011, 01:50 PM |#1005  
Flag Akureyri
Thanks Meter: 215

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzijacz

Luckily I had backup made before installing, so I am back on stock Darky's theme.

I am on Voodoo kernel 5.4.1 all lagfix disabled.

Not sure what do you mean by system partition? How to check the size of it if I am running out of space?

Maybe it could be that, so if you guide my I can test it

Go to " Settings / SD card and phone storage " ... You can see everything there
9th February 2011, 01:52 PM |#1006  
OP Senior Member
Flag Johannesburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitecafe

Haha actually , 2 of the 3 reported errors are running darky ( in their sign the other didn say). I remember one month ago i try flashing Darky rom just for fun and i immediately notice the dangerous low space left in the system due to all the extra gimmick stuff Darky puts into the system folder. So i immediately flashed back to Doc rom running barebone.

Exactly, this is what I think is causing the problem in many cases. I once had force close issues with my phone and I discovered after much searching that my system partition was full. Zero bytes free. I saw that my /efs folder had some old backups taking up over 3MB! of space, which I deleted. Well hallelujah, my phone started working again instantly.

I am currently on Darky's resurrection rom and the theme is running fine. In cases where apps start disappearing and such, I would highly advise a full re-install of an uncluttered base rom with repartition to clear out all the residual junk. Then try and flash the theme, I can 99% guarantee it will work.

Also, beware of restoring system settings when using Titanium Backup, and don't restore /system when using ClockworkMod Recovery. Finally, avoid shutdown programs like Quick Boot. Even the extended shutdown menu can be flaky when using the reboot to recovery or reboot options. Of course I could be wrong about this but I always reboot to recovery by shutting down then using the 3-button combo to boot up.

Then again, it could also be some setting in the theme that's not quite right. It's frustrating that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAEVARM3

I believe the only way to see available system partition space is by using a tool like Root Explorer. It's not very big, so it can get filled up easier than people think. Looking at my system partition now, it says 255MB used with 20MB free.
9th February 2011, 01:55 PM |#1007  
Flag Brno
Thanks Meter: 25

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAEVARM3

OK, here is the screenshot of the sd card settings and storage:

As it looks I am ok with space.

I haven't made any repartitions or anything, as it was not mentioned in any ROM posts and as I am noob with Galaxy S and Android phones, monkey does as monkey sees :)

I have internal storage of 8 GB, I do not use external SD card.

What's next?
9th February 2011, 01:58 PM |#1008  
OP Senior Member
Flag Johannesburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzijacz

OK, here is the screenshot of the sd card settings and storage:

As it looks I am ok with space.

I haven't made any repartitions or anything, as it was not mentioned in any ROM posts and as I am noob with Galaxy S and Android phones, monkey does as monkey sees :)

I have internal storage of 8 GB, I do not use external SD card.

What's next?

Please see my previous post. You'll need a file manager with the ability to view the system partition in order to see the space correctly. You're looking at application storage.
9th February 2011, 01:58 PM |#1009  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

Finally, avoid shutdown programs like Quick Boot. Even the extended shutdown menu can be flaky when using the reboot to recovery or reboot options. Of course I could be wrong about this but I always reboot to recovery by shutting down then using the 3-button combo to boot up.

Arf, I wish I read this yesterday...

I had something weird going on yesterday. But I don't know if it has anything to do with your theme or with Doc's Rom (v9.1.3) that I'm using.

My phone was fully charged and I wanted to reboot into recovery in order to flash v2.4 of your theme (on top of v2.3). I accidentaly pushed 'Reboot' instead of 'Recovery'. As I didn't want to wait for my phone to reboot, I thought: "hey, why don't I manually go into recovery (vol UP + home + power) once the phone has shut down?". So I tried to start into recovery during the reboot process. But when I did this, the phone never actually went into recovery, but ended up in an infinite boot loop. :s

I tried to reboot multiple times (by pulling battery), went into recovery and wiped cache and dalvik (you never know). Nothing helped.

I eventually took a nandroid backup (in case I ever wanted to go back to my original setup, eventhough it seems to be f*cked up). After that I flashed stock froyo through Odin to get my device working again... By that time it was 1AM and time for bed. I will continue tonight and reflash Doc's Rom and your theme.
9th February 2011, 02:05 PM |#1010  
Flag West Midlands
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Im running darkys v9.2 (lagfixes enabled) with 24.75mb free in the system. Should i flash the full version of your theme? Im already using this theme v2.

Sent from my Green Robot Device
9th February 2011, 02:07 PM |#1011  
Flag Xiamen
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I'm on Darky's 9.2 and everything is fine.
No force close. No sync problem with Facebook.
But I'm on Speedmod kernel K13a
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)