By Splitter, Member on 30th April 2008, 02:07 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th May 2008, 02:15 PM |#101  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 130

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboDad

When I find some more time, I'm going to tackle that. I'm reluctant to go with the multiple background image model due to its high memory consumption, and I also don't know if I want to have to gesture through every contact tab at the same level as the others, but I'll figure something out soon.

As I always say, stay tuned...

+1 The three contact pages is a must for me....

4th May 2008, 03:39 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks for the tips - very helpful! I've got clock moved and other layouts pretty much like I want them now. I'll post pics after a couple tweaks since they're 240x240 and there aren't many in that size.

One weird thing I'm having trouble figuring out. I've moved the bottom bar off the bottom of the screen since it's redundant to gestures and hardware buttons. But the bottom 25 pixels or so (the size of the bottom bar) don't move with gestures which makes the animation messed up just on the bottom.

Any idea what .dat files the size of the gesture area are in? I'm guessing somewhere there's an animation file that is set at 240x215 and all I'll have to do is set it to 240x240.

Thanks again for the help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteStalker

I've screwed up the now screen through experimenting, maybe your moving it down too far, or not packing the fles right?

Or maybe the clock isn't compatable with the mode? I've had 0 success trying to use the professional clock on the classic layout.

Taninpv
4th May 2008, 04:01 PM |#103  

More
Quote:

It's all in the registry. Under the key for the ninth menu (mine is called "Games"), change the value for the Image key from 8 to 9:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Spb Software House 2\Spb Mobile Shell\Menu\Root\Games]
"MRUImage"=dword:000000BF
"Image"=dword:00000009
"Text"="Games"
"DrawType"="Grid"
"Index"=dword:00000008
"Inactive"=dword:00000001
"Add"=dword:00000001

According to your setings:
MRUImage=dword(perhaps I didn't quite get this)..But dword=000000BF is not valid, and the Base -(binary, decimal or hexadecimal) <--which one should we check?
Oh, btw. I do not have Games under my Roots directory, and I was trying to add the Games folder.
4th May 2008, 04:54 PM |#104  
Boise, ID
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taninpv

According to your setings:
MRUImage=dword(perhaps I didn't quite get this)..But dword=000000BF is not valid, and the Base -(binary, decimal or hexadecimal) <--which one should we check?
Oh, btw. I do not have Games under my Roots directory, and I was trying to add the Games folder.

I'm not sure I understand your question. The example I posted was taken directly from my phone's registry. The key that you need to change is Image, not MRUImage. As far as adding a ninth menu, the instructions for that have been posted several times in the other Spb skin and icon threads.
4th May 2008, 05:01 PM |#105  
Boise, ID

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by o4r

I face the same problem.

You can copy one of the layout page from Bluewall. Problem slove temporary.

Let me repeat, I am not going to change the theme to address this problem. The icons are where I want them to be. If you are facing this problem, then what you need to do is find a way to modify the carrier name to something less wordy. Otherwise, you are probably going to have the same problem on all of the other pages, with the carrier name spilling over the clock at the top of each page.
4th May 2008, 05:04 PM |#106  
Boise, ID

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilos

i love this one !!!

EDIT : i can find Layout-timecal in http://www.4shared.com/dir/6846995/e..._21_Icons.html

Someone apparently deleted that file (not nice, whoever did that! ). I've replaced it.
4th May 2008, 05:05 PM |#107  
Boise, ID

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakkrith

For anyone who love Robodad's PointUI Skin, you can change background image (wallpaper) by download qp_bkg_now_collection.zip

Overwrite qp_bkg_now.dat in \Program Files\Spb Mobile Shell

Download Link: http://rapidshare.com/files/11245539...collection.zip

and you can download full skin "PointUI Remixed 3 SpeedDial + Connection Status for MS2.1" at this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...380103&page=81

There remixes are nice, but they appear to be based on the old version of my theme. I just want everyone to be clear on what they are getting.
4th May 2008, 05:23 PM |#108  

More
Quote:

I understand your frustration, but moving the icons would defeat one of my objectives in designing the theme the way I did. What I would suggest is that you find one of the tools that lets you change the network (carrier) name to something shorter. I don;'t have any links for you, but I know I have read about that capability elsewhere on this forum. Maybe someone else could help out?

Yeah it is really too bad i cant use your theme the normal way . But i tried your solution, but didnt help on my htc touch cruise.. The link if anyone is interested: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=323750

It would set for a few seconds and then it will change it back to the normal operator name :/

I hope i will see more theme from you and maybe bottom lose theme ;D :?
4th May 2008, 05:56 PM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XTREEM|RAGE

Yeah it is really too bad i cant use your theme the normal way . But i tried your solution, but didnt help on my htc touch cruise.. The link if anyone is interested: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=323750

It would set for a few seconds and then it will change it back to the normal operator name :/

I hope i will see more theme from you and maybe bottom lose theme ;D :?

Codyppc over at PPCGeeks created an app to change the operators name. Works well for me. Sometimes it goes back to sprint, but immediately returns to what I have it set to.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...t=personalizer
4th May 2008, 05:58 PM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Does anyone experienced increased in the meory usage after using RoboDad's PointUI skin. I have noticed there is 1.3Mb more than the Mobile Shell skin. Is there anyway to reduce this. Please help.

Thanks.
4th May 2008, 06:07 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
It all comes with the customizations. Kulet78's theme is +12mb consumption.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)