championswimmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 22, 2011
New Delhi
android.championswimmer.tk
KangXperiaProject
bringing AOKP to Xperia
banner2.png

AOKP is an awesome custom Android firmware. (just like MIUI and CyanogenMod).
AOKP is based on AOSP and looks as vanilla as possible, and focusses on lots and lots of user-friendly features. What makes it different from CM is that there are many more user-customizable features.​

KANGXPERIAPROJECT
This ROM is a combined work of all members of KangXperiaProject.

AOKP is not officially supported on any of the Xperia smartphones. So we made a Kang XperiaProject team comprising
Supervenom , Championswimmer, Pikpok, mikegapinski
We maintain sources from which we build (not winzip porting) AOKP for all the Xperias.

We are not any great developers (all teenagers). We are just trying to provide users with more ROM options :)
Our work is not possible without using sources from FreeXperiaProject.

changelog-2.png

Code:
==beta1==
merged latest sources
fixed toggles

==alpha2==
fixed FC com.android.phone

BUGS / NOT-WORKING

everything working !!! (except HDMI)

To report issues/bugs or make feature requests please go to
http://code.google.com/p/kangxperia/issues/entry

downloads-4.png

ROM downloads
beta1
http://hotfile.com/dl/177659340/7940512/aokp_aoba-ota-eng.championswimmer.zip.html

GAPPS download
http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip
installation-1.png

1. Copy ROM zip and Gapps to sdcard
  2. If coming from stock, flash kernel that has recovery using fastboot (not needed if you have kernel with recovery)
  3. Boot phone, go into recovery (press vol-up(2012) or back(2011) when led is purple)
  4. IF COMING FROM SOME OTHER ROM, make factory wipe then go into mounts/storage and format system
  5. install zip from sd card then flash gapps if you want them (kernel is flashed automatically with zip for 2012 models, for 2011, fastboot flash the kernel)
  6. reboot and enjoy :)

source-2.png

Sources are hosted at
www.github.com/KangXperiaProject

Gerrit code review is present at
http://smartdev.com.pl:8080/

To participate in development read this
http://code.google.com/p/kangxperia/wiki/Gerrit

contribute-1.png

We all spend countless hours working with thousands of lines of code to be able to bring these ROMs to you. It needs us to devote our precious time, and often we need to spend money to maintain the build machines, hosts and other stuff. So if you like this ROM and if it makes your phone look cool, please consider donating to us. :)

KXP Team Members
(we bring you these builds)
Donate to Championswimmer
Donate to Pikpok
Donate to Supervenom
Donate to mikegapinski

FXP Team Members (without whom no custom ROM on Xperias would ever be possible)
Donate to FXP
Donate to Kali-
Donate to Bin4ry

Team KANG Members (who have made all these awesome features on AOKP)
Donate to Stevespear426
Donate toRoman
Donate to Whitehawkx
Donate to Jonathan Grigg
Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
Donate to ProTekk
Donate to Sethyx

CREDITS
Other than the people mentioned above, we want to thank all developers working Xperia devices like
DoomLord, Keiran, Achotjan, Sirkay, Blagus, NobodyAtall, Androxyde, Kamarush, Paxchristos and many many more. And the various CM devs like cyanogen, koush, codeworkx, rmcc ....
All the respective ownerships of commits are maintained on the gerrit/github and you can see what fixes are ported from / contributed by whom.

Last edited:

faiisfaizal

Jul 17, 2011
Kuching
did the on screen button LED light working? And how is the sound.....im lazy to test it first...i need both of that so i can stay to the rom...

Last edited:

ganeshbiyer

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 16, 2011
Bangalore
This is awesome.

Many thanks to The FXP team.

@faiisfaizal
Do you need to quote the whole post for your one liner.:(

Last edited:

mroach

Jan 22, 2012
So far so good! I'm using the FXP kernel and the install went smoothly. Now getting it setup and playing around. Nice!

fcb13

Nov 10, 2010
Im confused, you probably cant use this unless your bootloader is unlocked, but in the steps you say "If coming from stock, flash kernel that has recovery using fastboot (not needed if you have recovery)". So does that mean i can install this along as i have access to CWM?

mroach

Jan 22, 2012
Im on my way to download....sound?Led button light?

Sound is great. LED button lights don't work, but I don't care since they're useless in the dark anyway. It'll probably be fixed at some point!

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

Im confused, you probably cant use this unless your bootloader is unlocked, but in the steps you say "If coming from stock, flash kernel that has recovery using fastboot (not needed if you have recovery)". So does that mean i can install this along as i have access to CWM?

You need an unlocked bootloader. The installer needs to be able to flash a kernel, and you can't do that with a locked bootloader.

championswimmer

Oct 22, 2011
New Delhi
how could you possible FASTBOOT A KERNEL without unlocking bootloader ;)

fcb13

Nov 10, 2010
Make your steps more clear...it says you dont need to fastboot, unless you dont have recovery. It just says you need a kernel that has recovery and we have recovery without a custom kernel, so just make your steps more clear.

championswimmer

Oct 22, 2011
New Delhi
Make your steps more clear...it says you dont need to fastboot, unless you dont have recovery. It just says you need a kernel that has recovery and we have recovery without a custom kernel, so just make your steps more clear.
sorry
i have edited one word in that makes a hell lot of a difference now :p

basicaly the instructions were written at a time when recovery was possible only with custom kernel thus if you had recovery it implied you are running a custom kernel (which means you had an unlocked bootloader)

anyways people on the forum should have realised by now that aokp/aosp/cm will never be available on locked bootloaders

fcb13

Nov 10, 2010
There are some custom roms that port over CM9/AOKP to work with the stock kernel.

mroach

Jan 22, 2012

I guess the instructions could be a little more clear, but they're just saying you need a functional recovery so you can flash the ROM. The fact that it says the installer flashes a kernel is your key that you need an unlocked bootloader.

Basically you're never going to be able to run a ROM that is not based on stock because non-stock-based ROMs will need their own kernels which can only be flashed with an unlocked bootloader. So any of these ROMS based on CM, AOSP, AOKP: You can't run them.

Sep 29, 2012
could u reupload the file on mediafire.....the hotfile lunk doesnt work....i wait for the timer to go off so i can download the file....however i get redirected to the same page ....

Sent from my rooted and deodexed Xperia Ion LT28h using tapatalk 2

championswimmer

Oct 22, 2011
New Delhi

fcb13

Nov 10, 2010
Like I just said, some devs have made a CM9/AOKP rom to work with a stock kernel...look at jjdoctors work for the arc/ray

SErooted

Nov 10, 2010
Sugarhouse, UT
I guess the instructions could be a little more clear, but they're just saying you need a functional recovery so you can flash the ROM. The fact that it says the installer flashes a kernel is your key that you need an unlocked bootloader.

Basically you're never going to be able to run a ROM that is not based on stock because non-stock-based ROMs will need their own kernels which can only be flashed with an unlocked bootloader. So any of these ROMS based on CM, AOSP, AOKP: You can't run them.

sorry
i have edited one word in that makes a hell lot of a difference now :p

basicaly the instructions were written at a time when recovery was possible only with custom kernel thus if you had recovery it implied you are running a custom kernel (which means you had an unlocked bootloader)

anyways people on the forum should have realised by now that aokp/aosp/cm will never be available on locked bootloaders

OP does need to edit the steps involved in flashing this rom.

Also, alot of people do not know that aokp,cm, aosp. roms use kernels that are other than stock. your statement in this matter really is kind of ignorant. Like you knew this before you started messing with phone software and ccreating / porting roms.

Think of it, (no disrespect to any one), as everyone is new to the process. your steps should be clear and concise and reflect how to flash and what steps are required to make sure a fresh clean install is what the user experiences...

Just remember you were a noob at one time as well and even though you may be an experienced user or modder / creator, you will eventually run into a problem as well, and would be more apt to learning to correct the issue if steps are explained clearly to you. show others the same courtesy.

As for me, i have a locked bootloader so flashing this and fxp kernel is still out of reach for me. it will probably be another year like it was for the x10 before bootloader is unlocked...

Sep 29, 2012
i keep getting the status 7 error whenever i try to update...could u pls help me....

Sent from my rooted and deodexed Xperia Ion LT28h using tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    KangXperiaProject
    bringing AOKP to Xperia
    banner2.png

AOKP is an awesome custom Android firmware. (just like MIUI and CyanogenMod).
    AOKP is based on AOSP and looks as vanilla as possible, and focusses on lots and lots of user-friendly features. What makes it different from CM is that there are many more user-customizable features.​

KANGXPERIAPROJECT
    This ROM is a combined work of all members of KangXperiaProject.

AOKP is not officially supported on any of the Xperia smartphones. So we made a Kang XperiaProject team comprising
    Supervenom , Championswimmer, Pikpok, mikegapinski
    We maintain sources from which we build (not winzip porting) AOKP for all the Xperias.

We are not any great developers (all teenagers). We are just trying to provide users with more ROM options :)
    Our work is not possible without using sources from FreeXperiaProject.

changelog-2.png

Code:
    ==beta1==
    merged latest sources
    fixed toggles

==alpha2==
    fixed FC com.android.phone

BUGS / NOT-WORKING

everything working !!! (except HDMI)

To report issues/bugs or make feature requests please go to
    http://code.google.com/p/kangxperia/issues/entry

downloads-4.png

ROM downloads
    beta1
    http://hotfile.com/dl/177659340/7940512/aokp_aoba-ota-eng.championswimmer.zip.html

GAPPS download
    http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip
    installation-1.png

1. Copy ROM zip and Gapps to sdcard
    2. If coming from stock, flash kernel that has recovery using fastboot (not needed if you have kernel with recovery)
    3. Boot phone, go into recovery (press vol-up(2012) or back(2011) when led is purple)
    4. IF COMING FROM SOME OTHER ROM, make factory wipe then go into mounts/storage and format system
    5. install zip from sd card then flash gapps if you want them (kernel is flashed automatically with zip for 2012 models, for 2011, fastboot flash the kernel)
    6. reboot and enjoy :)

source-2.png

Sources are hosted at
    www.github.com/KangXperiaProject

Gerrit code review is present at
    http://smartdev.com.pl:8080/

To participate in development read this
    http://code.google.com/p/kangxperia/wiki/Gerrit

contribute-1.png

We all spend countless hours working with thousands of lines of code to be able to bring these ROMs to you. It needs us to devote our precious time, and often we need to spend money to maintain the build machines, hosts and other stuff. So if you like this ROM and if it makes your phone look cool, please consider donating to us. :)

KXP Team Members
    (we bring you these builds)
    Donate to Championswimmer
    Donate to Pikpok
    Donate to Supervenom
    Donate to mikegapinski

FXP Team Members (without whom no custom ROM on Xperias would ever be possible)
    Donate to FXP
    Donate to Kali-
    Donate to Bin4ry

Team KANG Members (who have made all these awesome features on AOKP)
    Donate to Stevespear426
    Donate toRoman
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk
    Donate to Sethyx

CREDITS
    Other than the people mentioned above, we want to thank all developers working Xperia devices like
    DoomLord, Keiran, Achotjan, Sirkay, Blagus, NobodyAtall, Androxyde, Kamarush, Paxchristos and many many more. And the various CM devs like cyanogen, koush, codeworkx, rmcc ....
    All the respective ownerships of commits are maintained on the gerrit/github and you can see what fixes are ported from / contributed by whom.

I did the service thing and my bootloader does say its unlocked. I remember checking for that when I initially bought the phone.

As for this guide you're talking about, I can't seem to find it in the Q&A section. What's the thread name called?

You cannot buy a NEW phone with a bootloader unlocked as far as I know. You will need to run through the bootloader unlock steps. It probably said bootloader unlockable= yes or something along those lines not that the bootloader is unlocked. Unlocking the bootloader is not something one so easily forgets doing. It is quite the learning process. So it seems to me that your bootloader is not unlocked but has the ability to be unlocked so go ahead and unlock the thing and get to flashing.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1753261