Motorola Xoom 'project' rolling out now

Search This thread

PearlMikeJam

Dec 18, 2008
What brand usb sticks have worked for people? I had a giveaway that did not work. I have seen people use Lexar and Kingston with success. I just bought a PNY but have not been able to try it yet. I am trying to determine what brands work.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
I have a newegg stick I've used before. Oh, that doesn't help? :D I have NO IDEA what brand they used. It's an old 4 gig stick I got several years ago.

mrao

Dec 21, 2005
www.oneclickroot.com
What brand usb sticks have worked for people? I had a giveaway that did not work. I have seen people use Lexar and Kingston with success. I just bought a PNY but have not been able to try it yet. I am trying to determine what brands work.

Transcend worked just fine for me...and a 2 yr old piddly 2 gb stick at that

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

willysp

Apr 6, 2010

I do a lot of BIOS and drive firmware flashes, and have issues with a lot of sticks working. The one that worked for me re ICS was my trusty old Lexar 1GB. A 4GB Sandisk did not. (I started with the small ones and never tried 8, 16, 32, 64). I also have a couple of cheap Verbatim 4GB that usually work, but did not need to try them here.

antineocon

Oct 9, 2010
worked

I have a Verizon XOOM is Australia (early adopter). I don't really need the 3G/4G. Is there any way to install HTK75D 3.2.1 WIFI only stock ROM onto my Verizon XOOM and then this update?

I have the Verizon HTK75D 3.2.1 stock ROM installed, and when I try to apply this update I get a signature verification error. Tried several times.

Because the Verizon radio is not much good for me here in Australia, I put the US Wifi ROM on following instructions from here http://www.simonjstuart.com/2011/07/23/gedify-your-non-us-wifi-xoom-for-n00bs/ to turn my MZ601 (? Verizon 3G) into an MZ604.

Then after receiving all the OTA updates up to HTK75D, I used an OTG cable with a FAT32 thumb drive to apply the IML77 update.zip in stock recovery. My first thumb drive would not read properly, tried another and it worked.

ICS is buttery smooth, one problem so far - Beautiful Widgets 4x3 Tablet widget does not let me choose options when adding to home screen.

Also, I thought it was funny that the default background was honeycomb.

Thanks xda community for your help.

Ryan57ford

Jun 10, 2010
Its so God damn annoying that random USB's dont work... I have 3 different branded USB's... Lexar, PNY and a off brand and each gives me the unable to mount error, I bought a Host cable that arrived today and its pretty much worthless. Why is it so damn hard to put a stupid update on my machine.

stbbrat

Jan 28, 2009
For anyone that was getting the unable to mount sd card error in CWM.. format your sd card in an android phone, then try the steps again to update to ICS. Seemed to have worked for me.

Tiger62651

Jul 28, 2007
Westminster
With a host cable?

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

Yup had to make my own, had the moto speaker dock I converted to use USB port instead so had cable pushed to side. Just took it out, had a USB extension cable and just matched colors but had a brown and yellow extra from dock side, read something about tieing brown to ground so tied it with the black and used a Kingston 16 micro USB drive and updated just fine. Tested cable with USB keyboard so I wouldn't damage anything and worked like a champ.

My next attempt is try what I saw for altering install script for my 3g xoom.

Duddyroar

Mar 16, 2009
Sorry if this has already been asked (I've been through almost the entire thread and don't think it has) but I have a Asian WiFi Xoom running 3.2 (build number H.6.6-23). I've got the file on a USB thumb drive and used the USB host cable to attempt an installation, but I'm getting the same signature verification error that others have mentioned.

Is there any way around this or is the install failing because I'm not running the right build of 3.2?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

JoTeC

Apr 15, 2011
Huntersville, NC
One thing I notice in this thread is that not mentioned but a couple of times in 22 pages is to make sure you have the USB debugging selected in your settings/applications/development. This may cause some issues trying to upgrade off the USB Host Cable.

Top Liked Posts