Thanks Meter: 5,055

By dzo, Senior Recognized Developer on 3rd April 2008, 11:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th June 2010, 01:42 PM |#5391  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzo

I've added an interface to the old calibration mechanism, calibration should work for all devices now.

Thanks dzo, off to flash....
17th June 2010, 03:54 PM |#5392  
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 231

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heero808

Hello, I am a new member and I have been using Warm Donut RLS5 and using the 06-17-10 320x480 nbh and I really like the improvements each new nbh brings but one thing I noticed compared to the old releases is that now when I turn on my phone and it hast the Linux boot screen, if I touch the screen it triggers something like a button press would. Is this intentional?

It also launched the installation menu if I touched the screen and held down on it until the installation screen launches

Yeah, sorry, not to sound like I'm complaining but is this a new feature?

It was added some time ago by vilord when he originally released the new installer.
17th June 2010, 03:55 PM |#5393  
Thanks Meter: 13

Donate to Me
More
Hey dzo, I apologize if you have already addressed this but, how come the latest eclair kernels do not support adb/tethering? I am using kallt_kaffe's VaniljEclair and I flashed to the latest eclair kernel and my computer only detects my sd card but not my phone via adb. However, I flashed back to the donut 5-29 nbh and adb/tethering work flawlessly. ADB and tethering are a must for me, but I would like to have hw3d in eclair and more importantly an eclair-optimized kernel. Is there anything I can edit in the eclair kernel to enable adb? Or possibly something I can edit in the donut kernel to have eclair hw3d, etc.? Thanks.

P.S. Running on a Vogue, voguimg 5-29, VaniljEclair, NAND
17th June 2010, 04:21 PM |#5394  
Thanks Meter: 1,173

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewden123

Hey dzo, I apologize if you have already addressed this but, how come the latest eclair kernels do not support adb/tethering? I am using kallt_kaffe's VaniljEclair and I flashed to the latest eclair kernel and my computer only detects my sd card but not my phone via adb. However, I flashed back to the donut 5-29 nbh and adb/tethering work flawlessly. ADB and tethering are a must for me, but I would like to have hw3d in eclair and more importantly an eclair-optimized kernel. Is there anything I can edit in the eclair kernel to enable adb? Or possibly something I can edit in the donut kernel to have eclair hw3d, etc.? Thanks.

P.S. Running on a Vogue, voguimg 5-29, VaniljEclair, NAND

Use a HEX editor or the NBH Editor that loserskater made and edit the donut NBH into an Eclair NBH. It's just a matter of changing hw3d.version=0 to hw3d.version=1.
17th June 2010, 04:36 PM |#5395  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallt_kaffe

Use a HEX editor or the NBH Editor that loserskater made and edit the donut NBH into an Eclair NBH. It's just a matter of changing hw3d.version=0 to hw3d.version=1.

Ok thank you. Do you know why adb works in the donut kernel but not the eclair kernel? I'm just curious as to what changes from the donut kernel to the eclair kernel could have done that.
17th June 2010, 05:09 PM |#5396  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

So, I did this and my adb ability went away. I edited the latest donut kernel to have eclair hw3d and flashed to the edited kernel. My adb was no longer there once I connected to my computer. Why would changing the hw3d affect adb?
17th June 2010, 09:23 PM |#5397  
Thanks Meter: 1,173

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewden123

So, I did this and my adb ability went away. I edited the latest donut kernel to have eclair hw3d and flashed to the edited kernel. My adb was no longer there once I connected to my computer. Why would changing the hw3d affect adb?

I haven't got a clue really. Perhaps dzo knows why?
17th June 2010, 11:11 PM |#5398  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 5,055

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I haven't got a clue really. Perhaps dzo knows why?

The only thing I can think of is that the extra hw3d devices in /dev will mess up the fixed minor number of the /dev/adb interface, I'll try also giving them fixed values (won't happen today though).
18th June 2010, 01:59 AM |#5399  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gersonian

Anyone else having issues keeping audio playing when the screen goes off? Had to switch back to 5.29 kernel. Sent a PM to dzo about this, but wanted to check in with everyone else.

Running JuiceDefender? Anytime 'data' is shutoff, it kills the audio on the phone and won't come back unless you stop the audio and restart. Happens with JuiceDefender doing it, and at the end of calls (at the end of calls, it won't start playing won't you were playing before, it may start but immediately stops)
18th June 2010, 04:29 AM |#5400  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Hey dzo,

Any way you can spend some time looking at the Eclair camera issue? I saw you mentioned in another thread you were busy, but getting camera fixed in Eclair would I think basically complete Eclair no?

Thanks for all the hard work so far. I love my vogue, and still telling everyone why android is amazing!
18th June 2010, 07:04 AM |#5401  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzo

The only thing I can think of is that the extra hw3d devices in /dev will mess up the fixed minor number of the /dev/adb interface, I'll try also giving them fixed values (won't happen today though).

Awesome. You're the man
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, linux, vogue

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)