[TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build

Search This thread

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Hey folks,

This is a completely new build, with all the new changes baked in. We wanted to do a semi-official test release to collect bugs and hopefully do a formal official release with everything settled. The main pain point is the CSV files (see pre-install prep).

So a brief overview:

• New acoustic routing code baked in. Should fix most if not all audio routing problems, and will provide more debugging if stuff does go wrong. Also allows for more granular tweaking, see the CSV files.
  • GPS fixes for GB - GPS not only works in GB now, but it doesn't kill sleep! I was able to use GPS, get a solid lock, and put the device to sleep no problem.
  • BT should work & well with the new acoustic code. Post results.
  • RHOD users now have a choice of kernels. .35+ all have the new acoustic - so .35, .39, 3.0 and 3.1 are all fair game now... This is bundled with .27!!
  • Keep in mind, autobuild .27 kernels will produce no audio in this build... Obviously the bundled kernel will work, and the absolute newest .27 autobuild kernel does work now - Feb.27 2012 or newer.
  • rootfs tweaks - first, it will detect which kernel you're on (.27 or .35+) and automatically apply the correct firmware. Second, is it will always copy/extract the modules... failures there were getting annoying, and this is surefire if brute-force...
  • Few Easter egg apk's...
  • Probably a lot I'm forgetting, this might change ;)

Pre-Install Prep REQUIRED!!!

This step is crucial, and I forgot all about it! You must copy all of the *.CSV file from your WinMo ROM - these are in the \Windows\ directory. There's a very easy way to do this. It involves the Total Commander app for WinMo (Direct Link for the perpetually lazy...) (included in EnergyROM and others probably).

Now you're in Total Commander looking at your \Windows\ directory. Whew... lots of files. Fear not! Hit the "CTRL" button, then the green "Plus" button. This opens the Select/Unselect files dialog. Put in *.csv, press "select" and voila. All CSV files are selected. Now - File -> Copy/Move -> I want you to copy these (should be 10) files to the ROOT of your SD card. No folders!!! This is hardset right now, until we get it all implemented into the build properly. Thanks!

Install

Assuming you've done the pre-install prep; this is installed just like the other XDAndroid builds - grab your startup.txt (don't forget rel_path= if you don't have it at the root of the SD!), ts-calibration and boot!

Download

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Caveat List

• CDMA users might get a crash in phone.apk and no service on boot. If waiting doesn't resolve the issue, then reboot. Should come up fine...
  • BT might still be flaky
  • The CSV files from my RHOD400 are attached for the lazy. I'd like to gather CSV's from each RHOD, I'm curious if any ROM devs have changed them out either... This could get interesting. If you folks don't mind, post up your CSV's, point out differences with mine, etc... We're trying to figure out how to unify these, if possible! Thanks!
Please post back any issues, enjoy!

GBX0C Changelog
  • Camcorder: Now works (tested on rhodium).
  • Acoustic: Bug-fix : correct random loss of dual(rear)-mic.
  • MMS: Bug-fix: Slides with zero duration on Sprint.
  • Gps: Bug-fix: Init/de-init sequence fix (correct gps not starting up after being unchecked in Settings).
  • Gps: Bug-fix: End gps session with a correct rpc call (relevant to amss6125 devices).
  • Gps: Bug-fix: Don't send delayed position requests after session has ended (possibly relevant to Navigation issues).
  • Gps: New feature: Xtra (aGPS) -> verified to work on rhodium/cdma raph.
  • X1 specific: Screen rotation patch.
  • Added tytung's GPS injector app to AndroidApps\Other as well as updating/cleaning up some apps in AndroidApps.
  • Modified rootfs for newest apsta firmware & wifi firmware - wifi tethering now works flawlessly in the newest kernels! .27 is still bundled for the record...

Attachments

• AcousticRHOD400CSV's.zip
    36.8 KB · Views: 1,481
Last edited:

detule

Jan 30, 2010
Just to get people going on some of the newer kernels.

2.6.35 is currently auto-built at:

https://code.google.com/p/zimages/downloads/list

Emwe has been maintaining this tree, and he is most qualified to speak about it, but pretty much everything is functional barring camera.

Head over to this testing thread for more information on 2.6.39/3.0/3.1 kernels for Rhodium.

Last edited:

A cool username

Sep 10, 2011

This step is crucial, and I forgot all about it! You must copy all of the *.CSV file from your WinMo ROM - these are in the \Windows\ directory. There's a very easy way to do this. It involves the Total Commander app for WinMo (included in EnergyROM and others probably).

Now you're in Total Commander looking at your \Windows\ directory. Whew... lots of files. Fear not! Hit the "CTRL" button, then the green "Plus" button. This opens the Select/Unselect files dialog. Put in *.csv, press "select" and voila. All CSV files are selected. Now - File -> Copy/Move -> I want you to copy these (should be 10) files to the ROOT of your SD card. No folders!!! This is hardset right now, until we get it all implemented into the build properly. Thanks!

Download

You probably saw this problem coming :D but I have just the stock windows rom, how would i go about doing this? (or do i have to go and find each and every CSV file :eek:)

I googled and downloaded total commander on my laptop, and i got it to show my phone, but it only shows up with my SD card stuff, not my phone itself :confused: (unless thats whats supposed to happen :p)

Will keep trying! -determined-

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
You probably saw this problem coming :D but I have just the stock windows rom, how would i go about doing this? (or do i have to go and find each and every CSV file :eek:)

I googled and downloaded total commander on my laptop, and i got it to show my phone, but it only shows up with my SD card stuff, not my phone itself :confused: (unless thats whats supposed to happen :p)

Will keep trying! -determined-

Sigh, are you freakin serious? I even link to Total Commander's website in my instructions.... Not sure how much easier I could've made it.

I also just attached the CSV's for the lazy... :rolleyes:.

It does say TESTING in the title, no? Yea. It does..

A cool username

Sep 10, 2011
Okay, i'll be glad to help test it if someone could post the CSV files for a rhod300 (if its not too much trouble). If not, I will wait for the stable release. Thanks arrrghhh!
Yes, makes sense :)

Schumi_wk

Nov 14, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Installed the rom but i've got a problem with the fact that the screen dissapaers after about 5 seconds, so i can't even put in my pin.

also i'll put in the csv files from my rhodium100.

Edit: Works good on second boot, had to change the calibration file and it's works good and fast. Only thing i have is that i now have got 919 contacts instead of the (normal) 135.
A lot of text messages for tonight ;):D

Edit 2:when i make a phone call i get a black screen and the phone crashes after that.
Camera works when you don't move a lot, otherwise it's blocked.
bleutooth doesn't work for me it connects to my parrot but i can't make a phone call.

Attachments

• rhod100.zip
    30.2 KB · Views: 581
Last edited:

detule

Jan 30, 2010
Edit 2:when i make a phone call i get a black screen and the phone crashes after that.
Camera works when you don't move a lot, otherwise it's blocked.
bleutooth doesn't work for me it connects to my parrot but i can't make a phone call.

Sounds like a proximity sensor issue - not sure if some of the GSM rhod proximity related adjustments made it into the acoustic .27 kernel. You should try one of the newer kernels (not sure what's the status with .35 and GSM-proximity, but on 39+ I expect you won't have this issue).

This GB build, and these new kernels are kexec enabled. Meaning if you are on .35 or newer, and would like to interchange the kernel on-the-go, without re-booting to WinMo you can do the following:

1. While in Android, copy the new kernel and modules to the same location (over-writing the zImage) as your current kernel (adb push).
2. Go to the shutdown menu in GB, and select "Kexec".
3. Phone will reboot within Android, using the new kernel.

Again, this feature only works with the new kernels.

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Let me know if you are willing to test a prox support for rhod 100. I'll pm you a kernel pack.

Schumi_wk

Nov 14, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Just tried the .39 kernel and bluetooth didn't work with that one. The phone did work with this one.
Than did the 3.0 kernel and bluetooth works but there i don't have wifi.
The 3.1 kernel doesn't load it stops at
3.711395 mmcblk0:mmc1:1234 SA0BG 7.42gb
3.728118 mmcblk0: p1

Than did the .35 kernel and bluetooth worked but no wifi.

No more testing for me today, i'm getting ready for the last hours of 2011.

For all of you enjoy the last moments of 2011 and start 2012 with a lot of fun!!

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Just tried the .39 kernel and bluetooth didn't work with that one. Than did the 3.0 kernel and bluetooth works but there i don't have wifi. The 3.1 kernel doesn't load it stops at 3.711395 mmcblk0:mmc1:1234 SA0BG 7.42gb
3.728118 mmcblk0: p1

Than did the .35 kernel and bluetooth worked but no wifi.

No more testing for me today, i'm getting ready for the last hours of 2011.

For all of you enjoy the last moments of 2011 and start 2012 with a lot of fun!!

You must understand that BT is only functional in 3.0 and .35 (well, and .27). I don't know about the state of wifi in any of 'em... Should work in .39, I thought it worked in .35 as well. Haven't booted .35 in quite some time myself. Logs are really going to be necessary to triage any of your problems tho. Thanks, enjoy New Years.

Reactions: ai6908

vinceweis

Jan 10, 2008
Fontana, CA
OnePlus 7T
Caveat List

• The CSV files from my RHOD400 are attached for the lazy. I'd like to gather CSV's from each RHOD, I'm curious if any ROM devs have changed them out either... This could get interesting. If you folks don't mind, post up your CSV's, point out differences with mine, etc... We're trying to figure out how to unify these, if possible! Thanks!

Here are my .csv files for the Tilt2 (Rhod300). Have not compared to the RHOD400 yet.

nickleby

Sep 28, 2008
Caracas
Here's my CSV files from my RHOD500

BTW, I can't use the Wi-Fi :confused:
I'm using the default kernel and settings that came in the bundle...I will try using a new data.img

Logcat says: "E/WifiService< 1328>: Failed to load Wi-Fi driver."

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Here's my CSV files from my RHOD500

BTW, I can't use the Wi-Fi :confused:
I'm using the default kernel and settings that came in the bundle...I will try using a new data.img

Logcat says: "E/WifiService< 1328>: Failed to load Wi-Fi driver."

You didn't start on a new data.img...?

This makes me think the modules didn't copy, but I force them to every time. Perhaps I should rm them all first... bleh.

You're not mixing and matching anything are you...?

nickleby

Sep 28, 2008
Caracas
You didn't start on a new data.img...?

This makes me think the modules didn't copy, but I force them to every time. Perhaps I should rm them all first... bleh.

You're not mixing and matching anything are you...?

I'm using a new data.img, but the wifi still not work...I'm using the rootfs, zimage, kernel, initrd, startup.txt and system.ext2 that came in the bundle, I just added my ts-calibration

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
I'm using a new data.img, but the wifi still not work...I'm using the rootfs, zimage, kernel, initrd, startup.txt and system.ext2 that came in the bundle, I just added my ts-calibration

Hrm. Can you pull some logs? I tested wifi every which way and it was always working. I did make some rootfs tweaks, so I guess it's possible it's using the wrong firmware...?

Someone had a wifi issue, rebooted and it went away. I hate wifi :p.

fortunz

Apr 19, 2009
inside
Yay! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year guys. Can't wait to try this and get back on .39. And sort-of hot-swapping kernels? Sweet.

nickleby

Sep 28, 2008
Caracas
Hrm. Can you pull some logs? I tested wifi every which way and it was always working. I did make some rootfs tweaks, so I guess it's possible it's using the wrong firmware...?

Someone had a wifi issue, rebooted and it went away. I hate wifi :p.

I rebooted the phone, but it doesn't work...Here's a logcat, if you need another type of logs, please tell me...

Attachments

• logcat.txt
    59.8 KB · Views: 61

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
I rebooted the phone, but it doesn't work...Here's a logcat, if you need another type of logs, please tell me...

I just see a lot of this

E/WifiService( 1320): Failed to load Wi-Fi driver.

So uh... I think that indicates a modules mismatch? rm -rf /lib/modules and rebootski. I guess I need to make that change in init... copying and extracting every time doesn't work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey folks,

This is a completely new build, with all the new changes baked in. We wanted to do a semi-official test release to collect bugs and hopefully do a formal official release with everything settled. The main pain point is the CSV files (see pre-install prep).

So a brief overview:

• New acoustic routing code baked in. Should fix most if not all audio routing problems, and will provide more debugging if stuff does go wrong. Also allows for more granular tweaking, see the CSV files.
    • GPS fixes for GB - GPS not only works in GB now, but it doesn't kill sleep! I was able to use GPS, get a solid lock, and put the device to sleep no problem.
    • BT should work & well with the new acoustic code. Post results.
    • RHOD users now have a choice of kernels. .35+ all have the new acoustic - so .35, .39, 3.0 and 3.1 are all fair game now... This is bundled with .27!!
    • Keep in mind, autobuild .27 kernels will produce no audio in this build... Obviously the bundled kernel will work, and the absolute newest .27 autobuild kernel does work now - Feb.27 2012 or newer.
    • rootfs tweaks - first, it will detect which kernel you're on (.27 or .35+) and automatically apply the correct firmware. Second, is it will always copy/extract the modules... failures there were getting annoying, and this is surefire if brute-force...
    • Few Easter egg apk's...
    • Probably a lot I'm forgetting, this might change ;)

This step is crucial, and I forgot all about it! You must copy all of the *.CSV file from your WinMo ROM - these are in the \Windows\ directory. There's a very easy way to do this. It involves the Total Commander app for WinMo (Direct Link for the perpetually lazy...) (included in EnergyROM and others probably).

Install

Assuming you've done the pre-install prep; this is installed just like the other XDAndroid builds - grab your startup.txt (don't forget rel_path= if you don't have it at the root of the SD!), ts-calibration and boot!

Download
    Caveat List

• CDMA users might get a crash in phone.apk and no service on boot. If waiting doesn't resolve the issue, then reboot. Should come up fine...
    • BT might still be flaky

GBX0C Changelog
    • Camcorder: Now works (tested on rhodium).
    • Acoustic: Bug-fix : correct random loss of dual(rear)-mic.
    • MMS: Bug-fix: Slides with zero duration on Sprint.
    • Gps: Bug-fix: Init/de-init sequence fix (correct gps not starting up after being unchecked in Settings).
    • Gps: Bug-fix: End gps session with a correct rpc call (relevant to amss6125 devices).
    • Gps: Bug-fix: Don't send delayed position requests after session has ended (possibly relevant to Navigation issues).
    • Gps: New feature: Xtra (aGPS) -> verified to work on rhodium/cdma raph.
    • X1 specific: Screen rotation patch.
    • Added tytung's GPS injector app to AndroidApps\Other as well as updating/cleaning up some apps in AndroidApps.
    • Modified rootfs for newest apsta firmware & wifi firmware - wifi tethering now works flawlessly in the newest kernels! .27 is still bundled for the record...
    Bump. New build guys.

(check the site, the link will be the same but timestamp will update... Not on the filename, on the actual site.) Sorry, I didn't want to make it look like a whole new build, so I kept the filename the same. You should just be able to hit the link in the first post as usual ;).

Everyone should grab the full bundle. It includes a new .27 acoustic kernel that should fix some problems, and there's a lot of userland fixes:
    • MMS should be fixed for Sprint users
    • XDAndroid will now show as the provider
    • GLES put back in (whoops)
    • Network-based location put back in (which was working before, but this last boot it didn't...? Let me know on this guys, I might need another update... Definitely seems broken!! What the heck. There'll be another update, sorry folks.)
    • hyc's dmesg binary baked into the rootfs (timestamps... in dmesg!)

There was A LOT of acoustic changes in this build (hao0907047407 - try again, perhaps you have sound now?). Download the full bundle, and REPLACE EVERYTHING!! I've added a lot of updates across the board, and I don't want people running partial stuff.

You should be able to reuse your data.img...

I'm still not able to get netloc to work... I am just scratching my head as to why it worked at first and now it doesn't. I'll keep working on it, but so far that seems to be the only thing I set out to fix that isn't.

Bring on that feedback guys!
    First post updated, new build. Enjoy, please report back. Changelog in the second post. I will update the changelog further, that's just detule's changelog of what's changed on the userland side of things... I still have some things to add from stuff I did. Thanks!
    OK, I finally got around to building and signing a new image. All went fairly well - sorted out the NetLoc problem (thanks detule), and along with a lot of patches and fixes from detule as well, we have ourselves a great build!

I'm having a few troubles before I release, and want to make sure I iron everything out before I do...

So first, XTRA is now working out of the box. I got a GPS lock within a few seconds in my basement... so yea. Wow. NetLoc again is also working. There's some acoustic fixes, along with the Sprint MMS fix. Finally, the camcorder should be fixed. Now I still don't think the RHOD100 cam patches have made it to the kernel - but again, that's a kernel issue, nothing to do with the userland side of things. Plus with the new firmware and the new kernels, wifi tethering now works FLAWLESSLY!! Hooray! Kudos to hyc for finding that gem out...

Unfortunately I will still have to bundle .27 for the older devices, sorry folks. I know it hasn't had an update in ages, but as most of you already know the newer kernels are working really quite well.

On to the issues, hopefully dumb ones. First, I got GPS to give me a lock but it won't disappear from the status bar. I remember someone mentioning this, but I don't remember the solution other than rebooting. Is this a bug? Anyone else confirm/figure out the cause/fix for it?