{S}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM10 - FreeXperia Project

Search This thread

remb

Dec 27, 2009
Stockholm
I've installed FXP144, it's really smooth and all. The only thing is that I'm experiencing random reboots. I know this rom is not read yet so my question is if there there anything I can provide to make it easier to debug? Logcat or something?

tomgus1

Jan 23, 2011
No reboots here either. But I was getting a lot of screen flicker and some graphical issues.

Sent from my Xperia S using xda premium

remb

Dec 27, 2009
Stockholm
Interesting, I reinstalled fxp but didn't do the titanium backup recovery and no reboots yet. So I think that was it.

Sent from my Xperia S using xda app-developers app

MasterLinuxer

Jun 14, 2011
Reinstalled 144,... still got random reboots.
could this be happening because of pimp my rom?

When I installed this Rom I had one random reboot that got me worried but it didn't happen once since.. Maybe it's temporary?
Also, after this reboot I fixed permissions through Rom Manager.. Maybe this solved the issue?

And about the titanium backup thing, try restoring only user apps..

Good luck!

Sent from my Xperia S using xda app-developers app

Cerber-zs

May 28, 2008
Cherepovetc
Can somebody test the GPS?
since I flashed 144 the GPS is almost gone. I see only 1 or 2 satelites, while i am sitting right under a big window in the roof. Normally i see 6-8 GPS sats and something about 7-8 GLONASS sats.

So what I can say about 144 after 3 hours of testing
Cons:
1. cam and camfix are gone, its normal and is mentioned in specific threads
2. Navigation is probably broken
Profs:
1. Z buffer glitching is gone
2. AnTuTu shows 8650 @ 1650 Mhz, its 700 points better than previous result (Im talking about "stock" io and cpu governors)
3. Connection between my LiveView and phone got much more stabile, but still loosing it when phone is in deep sleep.

Can somebody confirm this?

remb

Dec 27, 2009
Stockholm
I found another interesting thing. I don't think international roaming works.
I have a Norwegian sim card but when I am in sweden I can't for the life of me enable a data connection, even though all the roaming checkboxes are checked. Now that I traveled back to Norway data is working perfectly.

tomgus1

Jan 23, 2011
Can somebody test the GPS?
since I flashed 144 the GPS is almost gone. I see only 1 or 2 satelites, while i am sitting right under a big window in the roof. Normally i see 6-8 GPS sats and something about 7-8 GLONASS sats.

So what I can say about 144 after 3 hours of testing
Cons:
1. cam and camfix are gone, its normal and is mentioned in specific threads
2. Navigation is probably broken
Profs:
1. Z buffer glitching is gone
2. AnTuTu shows 8650 @ 1650 Mhz, its 700 points better than previous result (Im talking about "stock" io and cpu governors)
3. Connection between my LiveView and phone got much more stabile, but still loosing it when phone is in deep sleep.

Can somebody confirm this?

I can confirm that I also loose connection with LiveView when phone goes into deep sleep.

Demetris

Recognized Developer
Aug 15, 2008
Limassol
Ok i have had random reboots and i think they are caused by installing a few apps more (memory? internal nand driver?)
After answering a call, screen stays black whatever button i press or moving phone away from face. I have to use button combo to shutdown then reboot phone and is quite annoying.
Charging bug: When off (awesome animation of battery charging btw) and you are charging it led can go green and phone is then fully charged but i cant press power button to see the anime or when i press it i get only backlight lid. I remove and re-insert power cord to check and battery anime was at yellow level even though phone was fully charged :)
Thanks for your hard work,
Regards

Edit:phone Model.
Xperia S

PinkahPanda

Nov 4, 2010
www.roadeo.de
So I reinstalled everything, wiped everything, had one random shutdown like a minute into the new install. Since then everything works fine, except cam, but thats normal. ;)

Hopefully GPS will work, but I will test it and get back too you guys.

Thx.

aniket_

Mar 18, 2010
Pune
If I have to compile, I should first download the CM10 repo ~ 8gigs, then the FXP repo from Google code, and then breakfast right ?
Also how much does it take to complete the building process on a mediocre desktop class i3/i5 2-3ghz cpu ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    Screenshot_2012-07-22-16-41-32.jpgScreenshot_2012-07-22-16-41-37.jpgScreenshot_2012-07-22-16-42-08.jpg
    HOWTO

Install instructions:
    first time
    - power off the phone:
    - hold vol+ and plug usb to boot into fastboot (blu led)
    - fastboot flash boot boot.img (from cm10 zip)
    - fastboot reboot
    - enter recovery, on boot led will be violet for 3'', during this period press vol+
    - flash rom zip
    - flash gapps zip
    - wipe
    - reboot

for update just flash rom zip from recovery
    Google Apps are not included in this ROM. You'll need to find those yourself if you want them.

ENJOY AN UNOFFICIAL CM10 RELEASE BROUGHT TO YOU BY FreeXperia Team

PLEASE DONT MIRROR OUR ROMS

DOWNLOAD
    http://unrestrict.li/FXP
    thanks to all who made this possible supporting us
    contributing with code, donations or even trusting us
    thanks to SONY that made all this possible !
    I took a look at the sim problem, here is a kernel that fixes the issue. Just flash it after installing FXP 233.

The issue is ueventd.semc.rc missing this:

Code:
    /dev/pmem_tzcom           0660   system     audio
    for 12MP camera try this one

unzip
    adb remount
    adb push Gallery2.apk /system/app