[Leaked Firmware] N7000XXLSA (4.1.2) - ODIN Firmware from Samsung's Server [28-11-12]

Search This thread

Faryaab

Jun 11, 2009
London, UK
N7000XXLSA – Galaxy Note Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean TEST firmware

We of SamMobile would like to give you the latest N7000XXLSA Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Test firmware for the Galaxy Note GT-N7000. N7000XXLSA is the first ever Jelly Bean leak for the Galaxy Note which is based on Android 4.1.2.

As of now all test firmwares of the Galaxy Note we have got our hands on lack some S-Pen features, Samsung has yet to implement S-Pen features into their Jelly Bean source code. Our Insiders tell us the Jelly Bean update is almost ready for the Galaxy S II but the Galaxy Note still requires a lot of work till they start rolling out final updates to the users. We expect Samsung to release official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy Note in December/January.

READ THIS:
We know N7000XXLSA was leaked few days ago on XDA-Developers but that was not the complete firmware as that firmware was dumped from a person's device. Later that day, We of SamMobile contacted our insider and requested the N7000XXLSA firmware. Today our insider managed to get us the proper N7000XXLSA Firmware directly from Samsung's Servers. This Test firmware is just like any other official firmware, you just need to flash the firmware with Odin and you are all set! No need to flash any fixes later on. We have FULLY TESTED this firmware and this firmware works perfectly as any other official firmware.

Some of the Enhancements in the new Jelly Bean Update:
  • - Android 4.1.2 - Build JZO54K
  • - Buttery Smooth Performance & Great Stability (Thanks to Project Butter)
  • - Multi-View (Multi Windows Multitasking, same as in Note II)
  • - Multi-View can also be disabled
  • - Page Buddy
  • - Notification Panel can now be customized
  • - New Additions in Notification Panel
  • - Smart Rotation (Screen Display adjusts to your angle of sightings)
  • - Continues Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard)
  • - Samsung's Cloud services
  • - Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play Features
  • - New Widgets From the Galaxy S III
  • - 2 Home screen modes
  • - New Notifications bar
  • - Google Now

This is a PRE-RELEASE version not official from KIES.
As this is a PRE-RELEASE firmware so expect some minor bugs.

Firmware Details:
Android Version: 4.1.2 - JZO54K (Jelly Bean)
PDA: N7000XXLSA
CSC: N7000OXALSA
MODEM: N7000XXLSA
Changelist: 549786
Build Date: 20th November 2012
Region: Europe
Download: N7000XXLSA_N7000OXALSA_DBT.zip

Flashing Instructions:
  • - Unzip the file
  • - Open Odin 3.04 (already included in the firmware package)
  • - Restart phone in download mode (Home+power+vol down)
  • - Connect phone and wait until you get a yellow sign in Odin
  • - Add CODE_N7000XXLSA_549786_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5 to PDA
  • - Add MODEM_N7000XXLSA_REV_05_CL1222228.tar.md5 to PHONE
  • - Add CSC_OXA_N7000OXALSA_549786_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5 to CSC
  • - Make sure re-partition NOT ticked
  • - Start flash, sit back and wait a few minutes.

Screenshots:
note1x.png
note2w.png
note3.png
note4u.png
note5.png
note6.png
note7.png
note8.png
note9.png
note10.png

Last edited:

qazibasit

Mar 24, 2012
Another delay nOooo. I dont want to give up my note at this point. When it will get the jb. I was planning to get an upgrade when key lime pie will be out. But now i guess i would go for a replacement :(((( . If s spen app is taking time dobt update it just kepp it as it is. We are waiting fir the stock rom.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

colindodds

Feb 27, 2011
Thank you been waiting for this downloading now And xxls7 is 4.1.2 based

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: howard bamber

dionysos77

Jan 19, 2007
Can someone tell me the difference between eybee s lsa and this one.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

kurogane_s

Mar 10, 2012
Can someone who flash this try out if USB MTP is fixed? eybee's leak version has a well-known bug with the MTP mode where you can't see most of your files/folders when connected to PC. Only by connecting with Mass Storage mode does it work properly. Been driving a bit nuts lately, otherwise this ROM performs nicely.

sebbyromania

May 29, 2012
OTA?

Can someone please tell me if I will still recive OTA updates if I this and then I flash back the old firmware?

aLeXiNDj

Jun 24, 2010
Guatemala
www.lacasadelosdjs.com
I already install, I am in Guatemala, also install it to some friends here, some people did the upgrade from 4.0.4 ICS with XXLRT and another that went up from the last flight XXLS2 and all work perfectly.

Greetings.

Cordobes21

Mar 10, 2011
Cordoba
it only has 1h and 10mins since it's been posted, you could try it and be the first to give their impressions about it and see if it's any different, thanks in advance if you decide to do it mate.
:good:

i'm on work, and internet speed here is very slow, that's why i was asking, when i get home i will download and try it and report it, hope this rom don't have the reboot and stuck in samsung galaxy text bug as the others....

Careca

May 30, 2006
Hi. I have on my note this fw: kingdropid elegance deluxe v7.0, android 2.3.6, bb xxlb1, kernel speedmod k2-12.
Can I directly install xxlsa with odin (how you told in first post)?

Thanks.
Bye

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    N7000XXLSA – Galaxy Note Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean TEST firmware

We of SamMobile would like to give you the latest N7000XXLSA Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Test firmware for the Galaxy Note GT-N7000. N7000XXLSA is the first ever Jelly Bean leak for the Galaxy Note which is based on Android 4.1.2.

As of now all test firmwares of the Galaxy Note we have got our hands on lack some S-Pen features, Samsung has yet to implement S-Pen features into their Jelly Bean source code. Our Insiders tell us the Jelly Bean update is almost ready for the Galaxy S II but the Galaxy Note still requires a lot of work till they start rolling out final updates to the users. We expect Samsung to release official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy Note in December/January.

READ THIS:
    We know N7000XXLSA was leaked few days ago on XDA-Developers but that was not the complete firmware as that firmware was dumped from a person's device. Later that day, We of SamMobile contacted our insider and requested the N7000XXLSA firmware. Today our insider managed to get us the proper N7000XXLSA Firmware directly from Samsung's Servers. This Test firmware is just like any other official firmware, you just need to flash the firmware with Odin and you are all set! No need to flash any fixes later on. We have FULLY TESTED this firmware and this firmware works perfectly as any other official firmware.

Some of the Enhancements in the new Jelly Bean Update:
    • - Android 4.1.2 - Build JZO54K
    • - Buttery Smooth Performance & Great Stability (Thanks to Project Butter)
    • - Multi-View (Multi Windows Multitasking, same as in Note II)
    • - Multi-View can also be disabled
    • - Page Buddy
    • - Notification Panel can now be customized
    • - New Additions in Notification Panel
    • - Smart Rotation (Screen Display adjusts to your angle of sightings)
    • - Continues Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard)
    • - Samsung's Cloud services
    • - Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play Features
    • - New Widgets From the Galaxy S III
    • - 2 Home screen modes
    • - New Notifications bar
    • - Google Now

Firmware Details:
    Android Version: 4.1.2 - JZO54K (Jelly Bean)
    PDA: N7000XXLSA
    CSC: N7000OXALSA
    MODEM: N7000XXLSA
    Changelist: 549786
    Build Date: 20th November 2012
    Region: Europe
    Download: N7000XXLSA_N7000OXALSA_DBT.zip

Flashing Instructions:
    • - Unzip the file
    • - Open Odin 3.04 (already included in the firmware package)
    • - Restart phone in download mode (Home+power+vol down)
    • - Connect phone and wait until you get a yellow sign in Odin
    • - Add CODE_N7000XXLSA_549786_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5 to PDA
    • - Add MODEM_N7000XXLSA_REV_05_CL1222228.tar.md5 to PHONE
    • - Add CSC_OXA_N7000OXALSA_549786_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5 to CSC
    • - Make sure re-partition NOT ticked
    • - Start flash, sit back and wait a few minutes.

Screenshots:
    note1x.png
    note2w.png
    note3.png
    note4u.png
    note5.png
    note6.png
    note7.png
    note8.png
    note9.png
    note10.png
    READ THIS:

LOL....it is 1:1 the same as the dumped from last week, so don't tell people about 'differences'...it is just packaged to ODIN flashable. It has all the same little issues, then the dumped one...so really not "FULLY TESTED...and works perfectly"

Btw, please never write me any PM again in future and asking for releasing on your 'commercial' site first - the answer would be always a NO as it was the last time..

The good thing is, that people have a ODIN one now - lots just wanna flash with ODIN, so it is fine....
    I finally got around to mirroring it in case someone cant use hotfile:
    https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6WQTjBJoggOSDRDa3lvUGJqQnM

I'll leave it there for a week or so...
    thank you eybee1970 for everything you done for us,
    but as the sammobile said :

we know that this one has minnor bugs too, but as you said, now we have odin flashable right now, and it's fine,

the question is: why don't they just tell people, that it differs ZERO?? It has bugs not listed in OP --> all the ones been discovered (and lots of them solved in the meantime by great people like Goldieking, RobbieHood, etc.) long before....or did I miss a buglist in OP??

EDIT: and the most important part: they DO NOT tell people, that it is NOT 100% save to FullWipe on StockRecovery with Stock Kernel!!!!
    ...but as they make enough money, they can afford to susbtitute bricked devices... ;)
    You will also get a yellow triangle.
    Was np for me though, just used Chainfire's ap to remove it.
    This is wrong. Flashing this using PC Odin will not trigger yellow triangle. How do I know? I tried.
    Rooting is simple (thanks to PhilZ), steps are the usual ->
    1. Download PhilZ kernel for LSA (signed .zip) and put in external SD. Link http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31911682&postcount=3
    2. Enter into stock recovery
    3. Flash zip from external SD
    4. Reboot! (Note: if there is no option to reboot, just press and hold power button until it restarts).

A little note here, I was running Cassie's XLR with PhilZ v3.71 LSA kernel before flashing this stock odexed XXLSA. To make full benefit of v3.71, here is the steps I make:
    1. Reboot to recovery
    2. Go to PhilZ setting
    3. Select wipe to flash new ROM -> Full wipe!
    4. Go back
    5. Select advance
    6. Reboot to download
    7. Start PC Odin procedure