HOX+ Tutorial for Unlocking, Rooting & installing a custom ROM [BEGINNERS FRIENDLY ]

Search This thread

miami180

Apr 17, 2013
Go in the Install menu, locate your Elegancia_ROM.zip click on it click until you have a screen that says Swipe to Confirm Flash.

Just to be clear, i followed the instructions first, which was to go to the Wipe menu, from the wipe menu i selected the factory reset (swiped) then from the same wipe menu i selected the System which i also swiped??? is that correct??

miami180

Apr 17, 2013
Do you know how to verify the MD5sum of a file? If not look for the guide in my signature, maybe your file was corrupted. Tell me which ROM you downloaded exactly I will gave you the MD5 string.

Elegancia_Colored_4.9.2

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Elegancia_Colored_4.9.2

then it shows the elegancia screen with a flying B and thats all it does :(

Lucky Thirteen

Jul 15, 2010
Montréal
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Elegancia_Colored_4.9.2
MD5Sum: 9eca901850b1c13e08d2c0521d8c428a

I strongly suggest you to reflash the ROM, re-do a wipe in recovery, and select also wipe in the Aroma installer, and install again. No need to flash the boot.img this time.

Elegancia ATT/TELUS OneX+ Expected V4.9.2:
► Selecting Wipe in Aroma is recommended
(as some users were having strange rom behaviours without selecting wipe)
► Fixed Lockscreen while choosing Sense 5 look

miami180

Apr 17, 2013
Can you accede the storage of your phone? If yes, try to install this version of Elegancia_ Colored instead.

The boot.img should be the same.

Also give your hboot version.

Do i have to extract the boot.img?? and when i access the storage of the Htc on the computer and open it, it has 0 items?? is that normal??

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

can you accede the storage of your phone? If yes, try to install this version of elegancia_ colored instead.

The boot.img should be the same.

Also give your hboot version.

hboot-1.40.0000

miami180

Apr 17, 2013
Do i have to extract the boot.img?? and when i access the storage of the Htc on the computer and open it, it has 0 items?? is that normal??

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

hboot-1.40.0000

Hey, im really confused and dont know what to do anymore, ok i downloaded the new elegance you gave me, then i put it in the root of the htc, after i didnt do the boot.img i tried to install the new elegance it installed but when it was reay to reboot it failed but it couldnt find something on the sd card, im in recovery mode now and dont know what to do, i need help. please thank you sooo very much may be it was because i didnt flash first?

Lucky Thirteen

Jul 15, 2010
Montréal
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Unfortunately, there is no ROM ready for this new hboot version, you will have to wait a couple of days for the custom ROM to be updated. Not all is lost in your case, simply follow this step-by-step procedure to recover your phone.

1. Reboot in Recovery or Press and Hold Volume down while pressing Power from OFF state.
  2. Your phone should reboot in Recovery
  3. (!! The following instruction are with TWRP Recovery installed !!)
  4. Select Advanced -> ADB Sideload -> swipe to activate
  5. Download this file RUU_EVITARE_UL_JB_45_Cingular_US_1.19.502.1_Deodex ed.zip and transfer this file again in platform-tools folder.
  6. !! Once the download is terminate, rename this file to facilitate the next step like this : 1.19.502.1 !!
  7. Press and hold the Shift key and right click on a empty space of that paltform-tools folder and select Open Command Window Here
  8. Double click on the RUU_EVITARE_UL_JB_45_Cingular_US_1.19.502.1_Deodex ed.zip file and locate the boot.img and drag it to the platform-tools folder. Or simpy download this boot.img HERE
  9. Type>adb sideload 1.19.502.1.zip (Enter)
  10. (Success)
  11. Once done select Wipe menu and wipe (factory reset and format system)
  12. Select Install menu of the Recovery
  13. Locate sideload.zip and select it.
  14. Swipe to confirm.
  15. Aroma installer will start leave everything by default and install the ROM.
  16. Once done select Reboot-> Bootloader
  17. Make sure FASTBOOT USB is highlighted
  18. In bootloader via the command window type>fastboot flash boot boot.img (Enter)
  19. (Success)
  20. At the prompt type>fastboot erase cache (Enter)
  21. (Success)
  22. Finally at the prompt>fastboot reboot (Enter)
  23. Rebooting
  24. Give your phone ~5-10 minutes to complete the installation.

Tell me how it went.

Reactions: miami180

miami180

Apr 17, 2013
Unfortunately, there is no ROM ready for this new hboot version, you will have to wait a couple of days for the custom ROM to be updated. Not all is lost in your case, simply follow this step-by-step procedure to recover your phone.

1. Reboot in Recovery or Press and Hold Volume down while pressing Power from OFF state.
  2. Your phone should reboot in Recovery
  3. (!! The following instruction are with TWRP Recovery installed !!)
  4. Select Advanced -> ADB Sideload -> swipe to activate
  5. Download this file RUU_EVITARE_UL_JB_45_Cingular_US_1.19.502.1_Deodex ed.zip and transfer this file again in platform-tools folder.
  6. !! Once the download is terminate, rename this file to facilitate the next step like this : 1.19.502.1 !!
  7. Press and hold the Shift key and right click on a empty space of that paltform-tools folder and select Open Command Window Here
  8. Double click on the RUU_EVITARE_UL_JB_45_Cingular_US_1.19.502.1_Deodex ed.zip file and locate the boot.img and drag it to the platform-tools folder. Or simpy download this boot.img HERE
  9. Type>adb sideload 1.19.502.1.zip (Enter)
  10. (Success)
  11. Once done select Wipe menu and wipe (factory reset and format system)
  12. Select Install menu of the Recovery
  13. Locate sideload.zip and select it.
  14. Swipe to confirm.
  15. Aroma installer will start leave everything by default and install the ROM.
  16. Once done select Reboot-> Bootloader
  17. Make sure FASTBOOT USB is highlighted
  18. In bootloader via the command window type>fastboot flash boot boot.img (Enter)
  19. (Success)
  20. At the prompt type>fastboot erase cache (Enter)
  21. (Success)
  22. Finally at the prompt>fastboot reboot (Enter)
  23. Rebooting
  24. Give your phone ~5-10 minutes to complete the installation.

Tell me how it went.

I sideloaded the file, but when i installed it, it was installing and in the lilttle window it says file MD5 was not found but at the very top of the window it says successfull???

---------- Post added at 07:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

I sideloaded the file, but when i installed it, it was installing and in the lilttle window it says file MD5 was not found but at the very top of the window it says successfull???

C:\AndroidSDK\platform-tools>adb sideload 1.19.502.1.zip
adb server is out of date. killing...
* daemon started successfully *
sending: 'sideload' 100%

after that i went to wipe the factory reset, and system, then i swiped to intall the .zip but it said that file MD5 was not found.....but at the very top of the window it says successfull Aroma installer did not start either

ps: that was the same message that came out while i was sideloading the .zip file but then it said successfull

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HOX+ Tutorial for Unlocking, Rooting & installing a custom ROM [BEGINNERS FRIENDLY ]

[SIZE="+2"]-- Step-by-Step Tutorial for Unlocking, Rooting and Installing a Custom Rom for your HTC ONE X+ --[/SIZE]

Here is my beginner friendly manual method for Unlocking, installing an alternative Recovery, Rooting and installing a custom ROM for HTC ONE X+

Why should you do it manually?

At first glance, an all in one tool to do the work for us seems a good idea, but what happens if a step fails? Do you know how to use the right tools to recover? Does your computer have the basics prerequisites installed to allow you to recover your device? In performing this task manually all the basic tools will be installed and in the event that some bugs occurs, at least you will have the certainty of having all the tools in hand to fix it. It is an easy task to obtain if you follow this step-by-step tutorial rigorously. All you need is in this thread, no need to search to find that file or that app, all you need is 30-60 minutes of attentive reading and performing the described procedure. If something goes wrong, read again and simply perform the procedure another time. Remember, you decided to root and customize your phone, no one can be held responsible for your action. If something goes wrong we are here to help, but if you have the ability to read, you should be able to perform this without a swear.

Be aware that the HTC ONE X+ comes in two versions, one version called INTERNATIONAL (ENRC2B) that come WHITOUT the so-called LTE technology.

Then the North American version for AT&T and TELUS (EVITARE_UL) version that comes WITH so-called LTE technology.

LTE is an initialism of Long-Term Evolution. To determine which version your phone is you can simply download an application called CID Getter from the Google Play store available HERE Simply open the program once installed and navigate to the line named [ro.aa.project]:[your version model]

• ENRC2B is INTERNATIONAL
    • EVITARE_UL is AT&T / TELUS

Now that you know which version is your phone lets start with the installation of your SDK tool folder. ADB is a versatile command line tool that lets you communicate with your Android device. This tool is MANDATORY and will serve you very often. Let's do this.

-- Screenshots for the visual ones --
    CIDGetter.png

On your phone simply follow this path : Settings -> Developer options -> Turn the option ON -> under Debugging -> tick USB debugging option Debug mode when USB is connected
    That's it, done!

DevOptions.png

DevOptionsOff.png

DevOptionsOn.png

This is a prerequisite to have a flawlessly working SDK tool installation.

1. Click on the following link to download it on Java's website : Free Java Download
    2. On the next page, do not click on Agree and Start Download, instead click on See all Java downloads.
    3. Which should you choose? If you have a 64-bit Windows OS you MUST install the two versions (both 32-bit and 64-bit), otherwise the 32-bit is sufficient for a 32-bit Windows OS.
    4. Before installing the latest version of Java, it is recommended to uninstall all previous Java's installation. (How to -> Remove Older Versions)
    5. Complete the required installation depending of the type of Windows installation.
    6. You are all done for Java.

Java.PNG

JavaAgreement.PNG

JavaWindows.PNG

1. First step is to download the SDK Manager, to do so click on this link -> Download the SDK
    2. Next locate on the bottom of your screen the USE AN EXISTING IDE, click on it.
    3. On the Get the Android SDK page, tick the I have read and agree with the above terms and conditions box and click on the Download the SDK Tools for Windows button.
    4. Navigate to your Download folder, and locate a file named like this: installer_r21.1-windows.exe (N.B. The r21.1 version was available when I did this how to, your version could be different.)
    5. Double click on the installer_r21.1-windows.exe file to start the installation. Take good note where the file will be installed, generally the default SDK path is : C:\Users\your_session's_name\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk.
    6. Now, navigate to the path of the SDK installation folder.
    7. Select all (CTRL + A) in this folder and Copy (CTRL +C) them for the next step.
    8. Now you need to create a new folder at the root of your C:\ drive named : AndroidSDK
    9. Open up the newly created folder and Paste (CTRL + V) the previously copied files.
    10. Stay in this folder and double click on the SDK Manager icon.
    11. The SDK Manager will open a new window, click on Deselect All, then tick the following line in Tools : AndroidSDK Platform-tools
    12. Click on Install 1 Package..., accept the license agreement and click on Install let the manager do it's thing.
    13. Click on Done and close the manager's window.
    14. Congrats! You have created successfully your SDK tool!
    15. Wait! Let's clean your computer a bit....
    16. Go back to the previous folder, the one located in this path : C:\Users\your_session's_name\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk
    17. Click on the Uninstaller, we don't need this one anymore. Don't worry the other AndroidSDK folder won't be deleted.
    18. Voilà! You are done with this part.

AndroidSDK.PNG

GetSDKAndroid.PNG

DownloadSDK.PNG

Installer.PNG

SDK%20path.PNG

SDK%20Manager.PNG

1. Locate the Platform-tools sub-folder in the AndroidSDK folder.
    2. Right click in a empty space of the folder and select in the contextual menu New -> Text Document
    3. Open this new Text Document and Copy/Paste this : c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe
    4. Save this file as : Start SDK.bat
    5. Acknowledge the : If you change file extension... warning.
    6. Right click your new created Start SDK and send a shortcut on your Desktop.
    7. Done! If you try to double click on your Start SDK shortcut, a command window should open with something like these lines :

Code:
    C:\AndroidSDK\platform-tools>c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe
    Microsoft Windows [version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\AndroidSDK\platform-tools>

Success!

This one is very easy, simply download and run the installer and let Windows do the rest. Drivers compatbile 32-bit or 64-bit

• Download the Self-install HTCDriver_4.0.1.001.exe/
    • Make sure your phone is not plugged on your computer via the USB cable.
    • Simply run the installer of the driver you've just downloaded.
    • Once the installation is completed, simply plug your phone via your USB cable and Windows "wizard manager" will now detect your phone.
    • If it doesn't work, unplug your phone and reboot your computer. Then plug back your phone once rebooted.
    • Done!

HTC%20Driver.PNG

1. With your phone plugged on your USB cable...
    2. From your Desktop, double click on your Start SDK shortcut.
    3. In the command window, at the command line : C:\AndroidSDK\platform-tools> type this -> adb devices (Enter)
    4. The serial number of your phone should appear in the command window. If it is the case, then try this again : C:\AndroidSDK\platform-tools> type this -> adb reboot (Enter)
    5. Your phone will now Reboot
    6. If all this worked, you have a successful SDK Tools installation!

StartSDK.PNG

This step is mandatory since there is no other solution yet to unlock the bootloader on the ONE X+. !! PLEASE BE ADVISED TO BACKUP ALL YOUR DATA FROM YOUR PHONE'S USB MEDIA, THIS PROCEDURE WILL TOTALLY AND FULLY WIPE YOUR PHONE. ALSO, BE ADVISED THAT YOUR WARRANTY IS MOSTLY VOID !!

Before doing this you can visualize what is an unlocking procedure HERE. Or you can watch this video HERE

Ready?

1. To unlock your bootloader go to HTCDev create your account with a valid email address, then select on the right field : All Others Supported Devices and click on Begin Unlock Bootloader (If you followed this tutorial to the letter, your SDK tool/adb command should work flawlessly for this procedure.)
    2. Follow the on screen instructions to get your Token ID.
    3. To submit your Token ID you need to highlight everything between the two spades ♠< < < < <Identifier Token Start> > > > > ....token ID string.... < < < < <Identifier Token End > > > > >♠
    4. Now simply right click and Copy/Paste in the correspondent field to submit.
    5. You will received your unlocking code in your email account (almost instantly, check in your SPAM folder if it take more than 5 minutes) you registered with on HTCDev.
    6. Complete the unlocking procedure and wait for your phone to reboot.

Congrats! The Unlocking process is successful!

Let's install your new recovery now. !! Be advised that installing CWM Recovery on this device is NOT RECOMMENDED, this recovery is untested, unreliable, unsupported and outdated. The ONLY recovery you should use on your HTC ONE X+ is TWRP Recovery !!

Download this TWRP Recovery for the International version (ENRC2B) : HERE MD5:0a708f4c27d69d2d1505ce7832d4b3be

Download this TWRP Recovery for the AT&T/TELUS version (EVITARE_UL) : HERE MD5:6e24a6686bc4840043a57cb61b63f22c

Once downloaded to simplify the operation rename your file like this : TWRPrecovery.img
    Take this TWRPrecovery.img file and Copy/Paste it in the platform-tool of your SDK folder.

TIP : Since your are in the platform-tool folder you can create a batch file to open a command window right from your Desktop.

1. Do this directly into the platform-tools folder.
    2. Right click on an empty space and select Create New text document
    3. In the new text paste this : c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe
    4. Save it with this name StartADB.bat (important to save it with .bat extension and overwrite the warning)
    5. Now right click again on your new .bat file, and create a shortcut to your Desktop.
    6. Now try to : adb devices your phone via your new Start ADB batch file directly form your Desktop shortcut with your phone plugged on your USB cable.
    7. If you have a serial number as confimation you have done it right!
    8. This a ONE TIME OPERATION TO DO, IT WILL WORK AS LONG AS THE SHORTCUT WILL BE ON YOUR DESKTOP.

1. Time to plug your phone on your USB cable if it is not already plugged.
    2. Click on Start SDK, in the command window type at the prompt > adb devices (Enter)
    3. Confirmation of the serial.
    4. At the prompt type >adb reboot-bootloader (Enter)
    5. The phone will reboot in bootloader mode.
    6. Make sure the FASTBOOT USB is highlighted.
    7. At the prompt type >fastboot flash recovery TWRPrecovery.img (Enter)
    8. If Success is achieved, type again at the prompt >fastboot erase cache (Enter)
    9. You now have TWRP Recovery installed.
    10. Unplug your USB cable and hit Power button one time.
    11. Select Recovery with your Volume rocker.
    12. Hit Power button one time.
    13. Your phone should reboot in Recovery
    14. Familiarize yourself with it.
    15. Click on BACKUP and perform a full backup of your actual ROM.
    16. Once done REBOOT System.

OpenRecovRename.PNG

TWRPrecov.PNG

SDKRecov.PNG

DesktopStartSDK.PNG

RecoveryFlashing.PNG

This is fast to obtain, simply download this SuperSU.zip file and transfer this at the root of your USB media (SD card).

1. You can now click on your Start SDK batch file from your Desktop to start a command window while your phone is still plug on the USB cable.
    2. Type at the prompt > adb devices (Enter)
    3. Then again at the prompt (if serial confirmation is positive) >adb reboot-bootloader (Enter)
    4. Phone will reboot in Bootloader
    5. Unplugged the USB cable
    6. Hit Power button once
    7. Select Recovery in the menu with the Volume rocker
    8. Hit Power once to reboot in Recovery
    9. Select Install
    10. In the Select Zip to Install menu located your SuperSU.zip file
    11. Click on it and in the new menu simply Swipe to Confirm Flash
    12. Reboot system
    13. You are done rooting your phone.

So far all is good and the above instructions were all successful as we expected now you want that wonderful ROM from that thread, right? This procedure is very simple, but one rule applied here : ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR ACTUAL ROM BEFORE FLASHING ANYTHING! Do transfer it on your computer and keep this file in a safe place follow this path to locate the TWRP folder. At the root of your SD card locate TWRP -> Backups -> your_One X+_serial_number -> You should have one file stamped with date and time. This is your backup you can rename it. Copy/Paste it and put it in a safe place in your computer.

Now the fun part begin!

• Once you have selected the ROM for your model version INTERNATIONAL OR AT&T/TELUS, simply download it.
    • Take also the correspondent boot.img that need to be flashed just before or just after (doesn't really matter) the ROM installation.
    • Transfer your ROM.zip at the root of your internal storage of the HTC ONE X+ via your USB cable.
    • While the ROM is transferring on your phone, simply extract the boot.img that match your ROM, rename it for an easier recognition (i.e. Viperboot.img, Eleganciaboot.img, ARHDboot.img, etc) Copy/Paste it in your platform-tool folder (SDK)
    • Leave your phone plugged to your USB cable

1. Click on Start SDK, in the command window type at the prompt > adb devices (Enter)
    2. Confirmation of the serial.
    3. At the prompt type >adb reboot-bootloader (Enter)
    4. The phone will reboot in bootloader mode.
    5. Make sure the FASTBOOT USB is highlighted.
    6. At the prompt type >fastboot flash boot insert_your_boot_image_name_here.img (Enter)
    7. If Success is achieved, type again at the prompt >fastboot erase cache (Enter)
    8. You now have a customized boot.img installed.
    9. Unplug your USB cable and hit Power button one time.
    10. Select Recovery with your Volume rocker.
    11. Hit Power button one time.
    12. Your phone should reboot in Recovery
    13. (!! The following instruction are with TWRP Recovery installed !!)
    14. Select Wipe menu, then select Factory reset (swipe), select System (swipe)
    15. Go back to the Install menu and select it.
    16. Locate your ROM.zip and select it.
    17. Swipe to confirm.
    18. Probably Aroma installer will start, simply follow the on-screen instructions and complete the installation.
    19. !! Confirm the Rebooting option ONLY IF YOU FLASHED THE BOOT.IMG BEFORE ROM INSTALLATION !!
    20. Otherwise select the Reboot Bootloader and perform the 4 to 8 steps
    21. Reboot the phone.

TWRP.PNG

TWRPBackups.PNG

TWRPBackup2Save.PNG

Original%202Keep.PNG

Your phone should Reboot with your new ROM, put your phone aside for ~10 minutes to let the new installation performing all it's task. Then you can customize your phone at your desire. Don't forget to reboot your phone when done.

Enjoy!
    If you found something hard to understand, let me know, I will do my best to rearrange this tutorial.
    Also let me know by PM all the orthographic errors you found, I will fix this ASAP.
    If this helped you in anyway please take the time to rate this thread.

Happy flashing!
    New to android and new to rooting, thanks so much for this guide, unlocked, rooted and custom rom installed. I had no issues with this guide and it was a clean and new experience :)
    I am having trouble here:

•While the ROM is transferring on your phone, simply extract the boot.img that match your ROM, rename it for an easier recognition (i.e. Viperboot.img, Eleganciaboot.img, ARHDboot.img, etc) Copy/Paste it in your platform-tool folder (SDK)
    •Leave your phone plugged to your USB cable
    1.Click on Start SDK, in the command window type at the prompt > adb devices (Enter)
    2.Confirmation of the serial.
    3.At the prompt type >adb reboot-bootloader (Enter)

Where do I click on start sdk?

Start SDK refers to the cmd file you created on your desktop in the -- Creating of script file for a fast access -- section
    No! Hold on I will make something for you, give me two minutes. ;)

Here we go download this file here and install it in your platform-tools, once done simply right-click on it and create a shortcut to your Desktop.

Should work if your SDK tools is correctly installed.