[Q]Nav buttons bar changed to 100% black

Search This thread

dark_angeluz

Jul 10, 2010
Hi, when I first boot my moto X, the nav bar behind the nav buttons was transparent, but after I switch from Dalvik to ART, it is now completely black, I don't really like it. Does anyone knows how to lower the opacity or if I switch back to Dalvik would I have any problems with my apps?

Sorry for my english, I'm from Mexico.

Hi, when I first boot my moto X, the nav bar behind the nav buttons was transparent, but after I switch from Dalvik to ART, it is now completely black, I don't really like it. Does anyone knows how to lower the opacity or if I switch back to Dalvik would I have any problems with my apps?

Sorry for my english, I'm from Mexico.

Your English seems better than most of the native English speakers I see post here, so no worries.

As far as your question, switching back to Dalvik won't hurt any of your apps, but it may take several minutes for your phone to boot up the first time after switching back.

I'm not sure ART would affect the nav bar transparency though. What version of Android are you running? Is it a stock or custom ROM? Are you using the stock launcher? Did you apply a custom wallpaper?

dark_angeluz

Jul 10, 2010
Your English seems better than most of the native English speakers I see post here, so no worries.

As far as your question, switching back to Dalvik won't hurt any of your apps, but it may take several minutes for your phone to boot up the first time after switching back.

I'm not sure ART would affect the nav bar transparency though. What version of Android are you running? Is it a stock or custom ROM? Are you using the stock launcher? Did you apply a custom wallpaper?

Wow, that was fast. Thanks.

My version is latest 4.4.2, is stock ROM for Telcel, Mexico. I'm using stock and tried with Apex, same thing. I tried with a custom wallpaper (a pic I downloaded) and I got the black bar, I used a wallpaper from my apex theme and the bar is back to transparent. Is there a way to have my custom wallpaper with transparent bar?

Thanks!

Wow, that was fast. Thanks.

My version is latest 4.4.2, is stock ROM for Telcel, Mexico. I'm using stock and tried with Apex, same thing. I tried with a custom wallpaper (a pic I downloaded) and I got the black bar, I used a wallpaper from my apex theme and the bar is back to transparent. Is there a way to have my custom wallpaper with transparent bar?

Thanks!

De nada.

It has something to do with custom wallpapers. I had that issue once before and I think it had something to do with the way I cropped the photo when setting it as wallpaper. You might also try rebooting the device see if it works then.

dark_angeluz

Jul 10, 2010
De nada.

It has something to do with custom wallpapers. I had that issue once before and I think it had something to do with the way I cropped the photo when setting it as wallpaper. You might also try rebooting the device see if it works then.

Thanks! The solution was (at least for me) to zoom in the image a little bit. Black bar is gone.

hermeshhn

Mar 2, 2013
Thanks! The solution was (at least for me) to zoom in the image a little bit. Black bar is gone.

Yo también soy de México

The problem is that, the image don't go to full screen so the Nav bar become black, other answer to your problem is move the image to where the wallpapers are, that need root access, and then apply like a wallpaper no like an image ?

Enviado desde mi XT1058 mediante Tapatalk

dark_angeluz

Jul 10, 2010
I'm gonna leave like this. My phone is not rooted and I'm not thinking on rooting. Is the first phone I haven't mess around with :D it just works perfect as it is. :)

Should I close this thread now or something?