[CHT2 Widget] - SimClock v3 - Next Generation MUST HAVE Widget with Extended Features

Search This thread

patience88

Aug 5, 2006
Yes, this is something we are working on at present - it's to do with JMLMenuSense and how the xmu for the Settings Menu works. It's the first time we've implemented this sort of menu and have still to fine-tune this element. Hopefully we'll have this fixed for SimClock v2...

thanx for your quick answer!

Dunc001

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 6, 2010
Hiding out south of the border...
screenshot3i.png

v2 Preview (in final testing)

New comm switch panel which appears/disappears when you press on the clock hours including FlightMode, Data Off, Wifi, Bluetooth, 3-way (Normal>Vibrate>Silent) Profile Switch and HTC Flashlight quicklink.

New addition to quicklink panel - Explorer icon links to File Explorer (you can even specify your own filepath for this one in the settings menu if you prefer Resco, etc)

Next alarm info displayed (you can hide it if you want) with optional Time To Next Alarm displayed below Alarm Time. Alarm icon fades if no alarm set and diplay shows 'No Alarm Set'

Battery info displayed in either Text Battery format (as shown) or in Circle Battery format to the right side in line with the clock. In text battery display mode the icon changes from the battery icon to a charging icon when on charge and the word Charging appears after the battery %. When full the words Fully Charged are displayed in place of the % value. In Circle Battery mode you get the charging animation from the original widget but I've dropped the low charge flash as it wasn't working very well. You can also choose whether to display the value with or without the % symbol, or not at all.

The press animations now only act on the item you are pressing, not on the whole widget like in v1.

drdingdong

Oct 18, 2008
Is it possible to change the Color of quicklink panel components of SimClock ? Can somebody please explain!

Dunc001

Apr 6, 2010
Is it possible to change the Color of quicklink panel components of SimClock ? Can somebody please explain!

You can change all of the graphics in SimClock really easily. All elements are in png format and you can find them all in \windows with names beginning SimClock. But wait for v2 before you start skinning as v2 also uses png files for both the quicklink panel backgrounds as well. When we post v2 we will also upload a zip folder containing all of the png images used so you can easily open/edit/replace them.

Dunc001

Apr 6, 2010
WOW!!! Cannot wait v2. When are you going to share this masterpierce with us?

Be patient - all good things come to those who wait :)

We're just doing final testing (although npc has goosed his phone messing about with his new taskbar so he is having to reflash just now :rolleyes:) We will release it as soon as we are happy that any little bugs have been ironed out and we can get the presentation images done for the first post! We're also waiting for Poyensa to finish off the new Settings menu for us, but all being well we should be releasing tomorrow or over the weekend.

Don't worry, it will be well worth the wait :cool:

Richard_nbg

Jan 3, 2010
Please let me now,
how do you make your great screen
wow ...
what i need to install ?
what kid of softbar / Tastbar and ROM do you had installed ?

Greesting rihcard

Symondo

Aug 19, 2010
Installed this today

Loving the look and how clean it makes the screen :D

after realising v2 is almost upon us...

1 request...

I had an analogue clock before from the 'lume' thread which changed colour at night time (as if it was glowing) would this be a feasible option to implement onto this widget? i did think it looks a whole lot better to read with the back light off

Last edited:

BHS Interceptor

Aug 3, 2010
Installed this today

1 request...

I had an analogue clock before from the 'lume' thread which changed colour at night time (as if it was glowing) would this be a feasible option to implement onto this widget? i did think it looks a whole lot better to read with the back light off

Hola Symondo, they´d have to check on that (mode9 and lua), but for the meantime, why don´t you just use two different skins of the same for day / night profiles in CHTS :p
I´m still also using Lümtec as standard analog and it changes great...
Hope you´re doing well my friend ;)

Nordpolcamper

Jul 5, 2010
Heinsberg
Installed this today

1 request...

The v2 is as good as ready, but such a function wasnt added ;) If you really want something like that I would recommend my pulse clock. This one changes at 6 am and 6pm so might be something for you too ;)

fjle

Nov 26, 2008
I,ve installed the cab but can't find the simclock widget???? where is it hiding??

Dunc001

Apr 6, 2010
I,ve installed the cab but can't find the simclock widget???? where is it hiding??

What exactly do you mean? To add a widget you need to longpress on your home screen, then in the popup menu select Add Widget. Scroll down until you find SimClock and select the date display option you want. Make sure the checkbox next to SimClock is now checked and click on Done. At this point you are still in Edit Mode so you can move the widget, longpress on it for the Widget Options popup menu (Next Layout, Prev Layout, Resize, Pin) - do what you want and then click on the tick/OK/Done softkey to leave Edit Mode. Et voila - SimClock on your home tab :cool:

mzobec

Sep 24, 2008
Belgrade
screenshot3i.png

New comm switch panel which appears/disappears when you press on the clock hours including FlightMode, Data Off, Wifi, Bluetooth, 3-way (Normal>Vibrate>Silent) Profile Switch and HTC Flashlight quicklink.

New addition to quicklink panel - Explorer icon links to File Explorer (you can even specify your own filepath for this one in the settings menu if you prefer Resco, etc)

Next alarm info displayed (you can hide it if you want) with optional Time To Next Alarm displayed below Alarm Time. Alarm icon fades if no alarm set and diplay shows 'No Alarm Set'

Battery info displayed in either Text Battery format (as shown) or in Circle Battery format to the right side in line with the clock. In text battery display mode the icon changes from the battery icon to a charging icon when on charge and the word Charging appears after the battery %. When full the words Fully Charged are displayed in place of the % value. In Circle Battery mode you get the charging animation from the original widget but I've dropped the low charge flash as it wasn't working very well. You can also choose whether to display the value with or without the % symbol, or not at all.

The press animations now only act on the item you are pressing, not on the whole widget like in v1.

I can't wait when when when ????

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi again,​

Changelog

V3 updated:
    -cleared the program panels ongs, so there is no overlapping reflections.
    -the settings menu error was solved.
    -new shortcut in start menu via which you can access the programs panel menu.

Remember, that you must uninstall any previous version before you install the new Cab. If you have the current v3 installed there is no longer a need to install the fix dunc posted.

We have finally managed to get everything to work and we now are able to provide you with "THE ONE AND ONLY WIDGET". The Widget, that you NEED to have on your homescreen.
    This is the SimClock v3.

After hard days of work dunc managed to get the script straight and the Widget got ready to be shared.

Again we obviously want to thank Poyensa for his amazing work on the settings menu, rat_2665 for his patience, support and guidance with problem functions in the scripts, MichelDiamond for his help with the required reg keys and everyone on the DreamTeam for the superb beta testing over the last few days as we got closer to release - without them we wouldn't have the perfect home screen widget!

Now take a look at this :

simclockv3pres.png

The SimClock v3 comes with many new features and a redone menu. The Installation is quite simple. Just uninstall any previous versions of the SimClock and then install JML Menu. You can find the link a little later in this post. After that just install the v3 cab and softreset ;)

As you can see on the Screenshots we have included a function that lets you choose whether you want the panels displayed on top of the clock, or below, when you want to add the widget to you homescreen.

I wanted to start with the most impressive feature of the SimClock and this is most likely the new program panel we integrated, that can hold up to 14 quicklinks to programs ;) You can access the program panel by pressing the black background of the widget. By default it is set to show 7 quicklinks. But if you press one empty quicklink you can choose to display 14 and choose the exe files you want to be inside the panel. Furthermore, if you want to you can set a costum icon for every quicklink. If you want to do that make sure the icons are 64x64, 128x128 or 256x256 pngs if not Sense will become very slow and might crash:)
    Another very interesting feature is the ability to set day and night switching options. You can set colors and opacitys in the new menu that change when you check, that you want Day/Night switching.
    You are also able to enable a background png that switches day and night, too. If you want to edit the pngs, just edit SimClock_ClockBG_Day.png and SimClock_ClockBG_Night.png and overwrite to your windows directory. If you change back to not using a png then you have to restart sense.

These are the most impressive new features. Furthermore we added:

-Vibrate on Press
    -Autoclose panels after a set time.
    -Ability to set your own flashlight app.

We hope you enjoy this new Version of the SimClock and plz give us feedback :)

Nordpolcamper said:

SimClock v2​

pres1.png

As you can see we added some very handy options and addons into this Widget.

But before I tell you what we added I want you to know, that you can edit EVERYTHING in this Widget!

Now for the new features. There now is an option that displays your next alarm time and if you want it can also display how long until your alarm starts. Furthermore we included dunc's Battery widget into v2 so that you now have the battery indicator in 4 different Layouts in 1 Clock widget.
    We added a second comm toggle panel which holds switches for Flight Mode, Phone, Data (the data toggle is just a disconnect switch when connected, it doesn't reconnect), Wifi, Bluetooth, Profile and Flashlight. In addition we extended the Quicklink Panel of v1 with anpther quicklink for the File Explorer of you choice.

To access all this amazing features there are 3 Press Areas:​

pres2.png

This should give you a quick overview. By repressing the minute and hour digit press areas you can close the Panels again.

Well now the Menu. I have made a little image for you, so that you can see the layout of the JML Menu brought to you by poyensa :)

pres3.png

As shown you can change the color of all Battery Layouts, the Alarm and the "Time till Alarm", the Background, the Digits, the Date line, and the Line. Furthermore the line and the Backgrounds opacity are editable.
    The Battery addition comes in 4 Layouts: Text Battery, Circle Battery with value, Circle Battery with value and % and Circle Battery without value. This way you have the full costumization ability for this Widget.
    The Alarm Time etc of course only shows up, if you have an Alarm set ;)
    You can also set the path for your favourite File Explorer which than will be accessable by pressing the sixth quicklink. If you are using Resco Explorer you would need to enter \Program Files\Resco Explorer\Explorer.exe.
    For any other Programs like Total commander, just find the .exe and then enter the path and you are done ;)

If you want to access all these features you should install the JML MenuSense which you can download here.
    If you dont install this you cannot access the Menu, but all the other stuff should be working ;)

Ok that should be enough info ;) We now hope, that you enjoy this widget in which we put much effort and time. Have fun with it^^

You can find the Cab at the end of this post ;)

This is v1

Hi Guys,

its time for some stunned expressions on your faces :cool:

After a hard time getting this Widget and all the new features it contains ready we are proud to present to you the SimClock Widget!

This is a collaboration work between Dunc001 and me. Also we want to give tons of "Thank you's" to poyensa who integrated the MenuSense into the Widget and also scripted the .xmu-file!! Thank You!!

To access the extended Widget Settings Menu feature you must first have JMLMenuSense installed. There is no need, but we recommend you install "JMLMenuSenseV1.60.cab" made by JMHL which you can find right here.

This is necessary, so please make sure you install this!!

So but now for the Widget:

simclockleadpresentatio.png

The SimClock Widget comes in 4 Layouts. These Layouts define the appearance of the Date text, as you can see in the 4 Screenshots above.

That alone of course isnt it.

Now for the special features :

simclockpresentationspe.png

The SimClock's black background panel reaches the whole screen and is resizable in height. Also when you are resizing it the Clock itself always stays the same size. Only the Background and the line are beeing stretched.

The really cool stuff is coming now:

simclockpresentationqui.png

When you press on the Digits or the Date Text a Quicklink Panel will open beneath the Widget. Within this Panel there are 5 Quicklinks:

Alarm
    World Clock
    Calendar Tab
    Tasks
    Contacts

All of these Quicklinks work and take you to the respective tabs or menus :)

You can close this Panel by clicking on the Clock Widget again.

You should leave a little space beneath the SimClock Widget because if something is put right there, where the Quicklink Panel is supposed to be displayed, it will just be shown behind what ever you have put there. So leave a little space for the Quicklink Panel ;)

If you want to place widgets like a weather widget etc onto the black background panel, you should keep in mind, that the SimClock will most likely be placed over the Widget. That is because the SimClock was the last Widget you installed.
    To make it appear in the right fashion we would recommend you to check your registry and uninstall the Widget you have installed after your BG widgets, if you are using them or if not, just any other widget which occupies a slot with a number from 1-10.
    If you just install the SimClock after that it will be installed in that very slot and be placed behind all the Widgets which are installed in higher slots ;)

Most of you will know, that you can change colors etc via registry. Thanks to the help of poyensa we managed to make this process a whole lot easier!

When you press on the Clock and let the Quicklink Panel appear you can press into the Red marked area on the screenshot. This will then take you to the Menu you see next to the screenshot.

Within this Menu you can easily change the Color of ALL components, which are the Background, the Line, AM/PM text, Hour Time, Minute Time and Date. Furthermore you can set the opacity for the Background and the Line. This makes it very easy for you to costumize your SimClock and make it fit your personal desires.
    A short screenshot of how it could look like can be seen above on the very right screenshot ;)

The installation of this widget is as easy as the procedure for all the other Widgets.
    Just install the Cab and softreset ;)

We hope you enjoy this Widget^^
    Dunc that's one of the first things I did and still it vanishes. Strange ha.

Attaching the fix (credits to Dunc001), please copy the file CHTWSimClock.xmu inside the rar to windows folder and accept overwrite, no need to restart. Is working for me som please confirm it also working in your device :) You can see now that registry value HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila\CHT.DTSimClock.AutoCloseActive changes values 1 / 0 for autoclose active / inactive
    screenshot3i.png

Hola Maestro,

I'm really glad to hear this news, I'm sure this amazing widget is just the first step of something really great with endless possibilities to develop and I'll like you guys please take in consideration this: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=12274869&postcount=96

Of course, is just a suggestion :D

Thanks Dream Team!

OK, just as a teaser - one of the two BIG additions for v3 FINAL will be a new Program Links panel in which you will be able to add up to 14 quicklinks to apps of your choice and choose whether to use the default app icon, or skin a SimClock program link icon with your own. There, I've said it.... and you're not getting any more....yet.... ;)
    Sim3 is coming ...

Hi there master i was sick some day and dont know exactly what happend in the past time. What hapend with SimSLock V3???

screenshot8ol.png
    screenshot7hl.png

Sim3 is in final testing :cool: Here is a quick rundown of what you can expect in the final version:

NEW - Program Quicklink panel, can be set to either 7 or 14 links and can use either the Start Menu icons or you can choose your own icon path.

NEW - Panel autoclose feature, with user definable delay before closing. Can also be disabled.

NEW - Day/Night switching feature for text, line and background settings.

NEW - Option to have comm and quicklink panels open above the clock (program links panel always opens below)

NEW - Autohide alarm element when no alarm set. Can be disabled.

ENHANCED - Text Battery icon is now 5-stage so changes as battery level reduces

ENHANCED - Added option to choose program for Flashlight

npc isn't around so you'll need to wait until he gets back before the thread gets updated...