Originally Posted by thecubed
Here's another neat root! [...]
Ok. I come from a rather nice line of android devices and still had my shared piece of issues with this rooting procedure.
Here is what I experienced;
LG G2 802 Swedish version, sold to me by the operator "Halebop"/TeliaSonera
My device wont show up as connected while in adb window. It just read "offline" or "unauthorized".
- Used a second computer
- Installed the drivers from here
- Without USB debugging enabled I attached the G2 to the computer and let the drivers install
- I chose to connect my G2 as MTP in "PC Connections"
- Now I enebled USB debugging under developer options
- And then i did, inside the "IORoot" folder (containing the adb.exe-file) I ran the "root.bat-file"
- When it didnt connect to the G2 I once again disabled USB debugging and then re-enabled it.
Of course this is a rather novice and trail-and-error approach but it worked for me and therefore I make it searchable through google right here.
To all developers out there; thank you for making my digital life wonderful
Best regards from Sweden