Flag Tirane
Thanks Meter: 14

More
it say not work on CM

10th May 2014, 11:22 PM |#4992  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I got some questions plz answer me.....

1 : any way to deodex a stock rom on mobile without pc ?

2 : any status bar for odex rom (cwm flashable ) ? or without pc which can be used ?

Galaxy y 5360 stock rom by doky...
11th May 2014, 10:01 PM |#4993  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hey i've got a question and im not able to find the solution to anywhere. I would be deeply grateful if you could help.

well i flashed a custom ROM(called XDuosV3 here's link to thread:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2118569 ) for my Galaxy Y duos and flashing was a success except the time was not showing on the status bar. As i dont usually wear a watch this is very inconvenient. Thinking this was a problem with the ROM, I then Flashed another ROM ( called GingerIceJelly here's link to thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2047795 ) i followed all the instructions correctly and flashed the rom correctly but was dissapointed to see that the time was still not shown on the status bar :/ i then started searching the xda forum for a solution and then understood i had to decompile and edit SystemUI.apk. I successfully decompiled SystemUI.apk and opened the statusbar.xml file but I do not know how to edit the file as it is very complex. I have copied the content of the file along with my question below. If someone could please edit the file for me to fix the problem of the time not showing on the status bar i would be deeply grateful as i have been searching for days for a solution.

Thanks a ton for going through my question :)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.StatusBarView android:orientation="vertical" android:background="#77000000" android:focusable="true" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants"
xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
<LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/icons" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.IconMerger android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/notificationIcons" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_weight="1.0" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" />
<LinearLayout android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/statusIcons" android:paddingRight="6.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_alignParentRight="true" />
</LinearLayout>
<LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/ticker" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:animationCache="false" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
<ImageSwitcher android:id="@id/tickerIcon" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_marginRight="8.0dip">
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.AnimatedImageVie w android:layout_width="25.0dip" android:layout_height="25.0dip" />
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.AnimatedImageVie w android:layout_width="25.0dip" android:layout_height="25.0dip" />
</ImageSwitcher>
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.TickerView android:id="@id/tickerText" android:paddingTop="2.0dip" android:paddingRight="10.0dip" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_weight="1.0">
<TextView android:textAppearance="@*android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Ticker" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />
<TextView android:textAppearance="@*android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Ticker" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />
</com.android.systemui.statusbar.TickerView>
</LinearLayout>
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.DateView android:textAppearance="@*android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Icon" android:gravity="left|center" android:id="@id/date" android:background="#ff000000" android:paddingLeft="6.0px" android:paddingRight="6.0px" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />
</com.android.systemui.statusbar.StatusBarView>
11th May 2014, 10:51 PM |#4994  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3,848

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13121an

hey i've got a question and im not able to find the solution to anywhere. I would be deeply grateful if you could help.

well i flashed a custom ROM(called XDuosV3 here's link to thread:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2118569 ) for my Galaxy Y duos and flashing was a success except the time was not showing on the status bar. As i dont usually wear a watch this is very inconvenient. Thinking this was a problem with the ROM, I then Flashed another ROM ( called GingerIceJelly here's link to thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2047795 ) i followed all the instructions correctly and flashed the rom correctly but was dissapointed to see that the time was still not shown on the status bar :/ i then started searching the xda forum for a solution and then understood i had to decompile and edit SystemUI.apk. I successfully decompiled SystemUI.apk and opened the statusbar.xml file but I do not know how to edit the file as it is very complex. I have copied the content of the file along with my question below. If someone could please edit the file for me to fix the problem of the time not showing on the status bar i would be deeply grateful as i have been searching for days for a solution.

Thanks a ton for going through my question

under

Code:
 <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/icons" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.IconMerger android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/notificationIcons" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_weight="1.0" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" />
        <LinearLayout android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/statusIcons" android:paddingRight="6.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_alignParentRight="true" />
place
Code:
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.Clock android:textAppearance="@*android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Icon" android:gravity="left|center" android:paddingRight="6.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />

so it now looks like

Code:
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.Clock android:textAppearance="@*android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Icon" android:gravity="left|center" android:paddingRight="6.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />
    </LinearLayout>

I will assume you already have the smali in systemui as its part of the stock systemui

you should have Clock.smali and Clock$1.smali in smali\com\android\systemui\statusbar

if you dont they are in the attachment
Attached Files
File Type: zip clock.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.9 KB, 3 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to TheFixItMan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheFixItMan Ad-Free
12th May 2014, 11:13 AM |#4995  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Question How to mount system?
I wanted to flash this audio tweaks(http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2248340) into my galaxy y and i'm stucked at wipe davlik, mount system and install. How to do those three steps? i can't find it in my stock recovery. Btw can my rooted phone using stock rom support this audio tweaks? Correct me if i'm wrong. A thousand thanks! who those help me.
12th May 2014, 11:28 AM |#4996  
Flag most likely at home
Thanks Meter: 300

More
Use this temporary CWM. Go to your stock recovery and install.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2649475
Wiping dalvik cache is under advanced options, mounting /system is under mounts and storage, install is just install update/zip from sdcard.

Remember to make a nandroid before you start if you are not sure. Again, it can be done from the temporary CWM.
The Following User Says Thank You to NightRaven49 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NightRaven49 Ad-Free
12th May 2014, 11:32 AM |#4997  
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJYap

I wanted to flash this audio tweaks(http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2248340) into my galaxy y and i'm stucked at wipe davlik, mount system and install. How to do those three steps? i can't find it in my stock recovery. Btw can my rooted phone using stock rom support this audio tweaks? Correct me if i'm wrong. A thousand thanks! who those help me.

Stock recovery doesn't have the first two things you're looking for. It will have install zip, though.

I don't think that tweak will as, if I understand porting correctly, it is where the original tweak/mod has been adapted to work on a specific device, in this case a Galaxy W.

You can use a temp recovery for the Y (search the help/Q&A here for latest one 5.0.28 I think) and test if the tweak will work. Just make sure to perform the all important nandroid backup so you can revert straight back if it messes things up.

Make sure to mount all points in the recovery before making your nandroid or installing the tweak to help ensure proper backup/flash
The Following User Says Thank You to r25txe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift r25txe Ad-Free
12th May 2014, 11:44 AM |#4998  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Question Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by r25txe

Stock recovery doesn't have the first two things you're looking for. It will have install zip, though.

I don't think that tweak will as, if I understand porting correctly, it is where the original tweak/mod has been adapted to work on a specific device, in this case a Galaxy W.

You can use a temp recovery for the Y (search the help/Q&A here for latest one 5.0.28 I think) and test if the tweak will work. Just make sure to perform the all important nandroid backup so you can revert straight back if it messes things up.

Make sure to mount all points in the recovery before making your nandroid or installing the tweak to help ensure proper backup/flash

Omg I forgot to do nandroid! I wish to go back. What should i do help me pls~
12th May 2014, 11:52 AM |#4999  
Flag London

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJYap

Omg I forgot to do nandroid! I wish to go back. What should i do help me pls~

either replace all the files in the mod with ones from stock rom and remove any extra files and so on
if you dont have those files you can extract them from stock firmware - theres a link in my signature to my guide on how to extract stock files from a stock pda firmware file - you will also have to deodex any apks if you need to replace apks - if its just lib files you can just use them as they are

or you could flash stock rom via odin but you will loose all data and phone will return to the first day you first switched it on
The Following User Says Thank You to TheFixItMan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheFixItMan Ad-Free
12th May 2014, 05:39 PM |#5000  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Rooted But Device Does Not Have Proper Root Access
Hi Guys

I have Rooted my phone today well its ment to be rooted i have the Superuser installed but for some reason i cant run any Root apps i have installed Root Checker APK and it is saying Sorry this device does not have proper root access and no root apps work they say my phone is not rooted. i have tried different Roots but still end up having the same problem. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5360 Android Ver 2.3.6 i just ent got a clue whats going on i just want to root my phone any help will be great as im sure this is not the first time you guys have heard about this and maybe its been resolved
12th May 2014, 05:59 PM |#5001  
Flag London

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by he4dhunter247

Hi Guys

I have Rooted my phone today well its ment to be rooted i have the Superuser installed but for some reason i cant run any Root apps i have installed Root Checker APK and it is saying Sorry this device does not have proper root access and no root apps work they say my phone is not rooted. i have tried different Roots but still end up having the same problem. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5360 Android Ver 2.3.6 i just ent got a clue whats going on i just want to root my phone any help will be great as im sure this is not the first time you guys have heard about this and maybe its been resolved

download Valkyrie 1.5E and put on root of sd card

go into cwm
mount system data cache
install zip from sd
select Valkyrie zip
aroma installer will start
select superuser by chainsdd
restart

you can uninstall superuser and download the latest version from the playstore (as long as its still superuser by chainsdd) if you like and also update the su binary

note this works for most 5360 - it doesnt work for varients such as 5360T and so on - there are other root zips that will do that
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gt-5360 help, help thread, samasung galaxy pro, samsung galaxy pro duos, samsung galaxy y, samsung galaxy y duos, sgy bootloop

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)