FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Was this thread helpful?

Yes, I am happy with the replies.

1,170 Vote(s)
59.18%
Yes, kind of.

465 Vote(s)
23.52%
No, needs improvement.

342 Vote(s)
17.30%

[Ask Any Question][Newbie Friendly]

13,254 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,645

By Droidriven, Senior Member on 29th April 2013, 12:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th November 2015, 10:36 AM |#12901  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I bricked my Samsung after changing my boot animation using root toolkit by jrummy.... Well I did a nandroid before that using cwm recovery and when I try to restore my backup I get an error system not mounted... H E L P😒😒

13th November 2015, 04:24 PM |#12902  
Recognized Contributor
Flag manchester
Thanks Meter: 18,981

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta.Ma.Go.

I bricked my Samsung after changing my boot animation using root toolkit by jrummy.... Well I did a nandroid before that using cwm recovery and when I try to restore my backup I get an error system not mounted... H E L P😒😒

Will cwm allow you to manually mount the system partition first before restoring the nandroid? πŸ˜Šβ˜•

β“β“β““β“‘β“žβ“’β“›β““β“” β“˜β“’ β“β“žβ“£ ⓐ β“’β“˜β“
14th November 2015, 12:11 AM |#12903  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
alcatel one touch evolve 2 (4037t) please help
please help me my alcatel is soft bricked. i was edtting a build.prop and made a mistake rebooted and boot loop, please tell me where to download firmware and how to flash please help, give me a site link etc, i tried to google but nothing, please help me if anyone has a rom backup give me and tell me how to restore plz ... it goes to recovery, it shows charging but wont boot up
14th November 2015, 02:00 AM |#12904  
Flag Cebu City
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

Try another recovery instead of the one you have, doesn't matter which recovery or version just get one to flash, get rooted and then you can flash a better/newer recovery via another method such as using Flashify with a recovery in .IMG format. if needed after being rooted.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

is flashify a computer software?
14th November 2015, 02:02 AM |#12905  
Quote:
Originally Posted by camomile003

No, its an app, get it from the playstore. You have to be rooted before you can use it though.

14th November 2015, 02:46 AM |#12906  
Thanks Meter: 357

More
Quote:

You could always try shuame

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Qiangong2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Qiangong2 Ad-Free
14th November 2015, 02:50 AM |#12907  
Flag Cebu City

More
Quote:

No, its an app, get it from the playstore. You have to be rooted before you can use it though.

Oh... is there a way to root and check if you have root with the use of a computer and that you don't need to have usb debugging mode enabled because I can't enable my phone to usb debugging mode since its on a constant bootloop right now..
14th November 2015, 02:54 AM |#12908  
Quote:

Oh... is there a way to root and check if you have root with the use of a computer and that you don't need to have usb debugging mode enabled because I can't enable my phone to usb debugging mode since its on a constant bootloop right now..

USB debugging not turned on pretty much leaves you with very few to no options.
Restore your device by flashing your stock firmware and start over from the beginning.

14th November 2015, 06:36 AM |#12909  
Flag Cebu City

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiangong2

You could always try shuame

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app

I tried it but since my phone is on a constant bootloop right now I can't enable debugging mode for it to work...

---------- Post added at 06:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 AM ----------

Quote:

USB debugging not turned on pretty much leaves you with very few to no options.
Restore your device by flashing your stock firmware and start over from the beginning.

how do I flash my stock firmware via pc? is it even possible?? I can't access my phone since its on a bootloop...
14th November 2015, 06:50 AM |#12910  
Quote:

I tried it but since my phone is on a constant bootloop right now I can't enable debugging mode for it to work...

---------- Post added at 06:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 AM ----------

how do I flash my stock firmware via pc? is it even possible?? I can't access my phone since its on a bootloop...

All devices have a mode that they boot to in order to flash stock firmware and a flash tool for PC, you don't flash stock firmware by booting into the phone itself. You should have done your research and gotten familiar with your device, its modes(recovery, fastboot, download mode) and its flash tools BEFORE you modified the device, this is what happens when you don't do your research and mess with things you don't understand.

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

Quote:

Let's back up, you are saying that your device will boot but won't access recovery? Have you tried flashing recovery again and then trying to boot to recovery? Can you not get into fastboot or whatever flash mode your device has? If your device won't boot into your phone anymore then you will have to flash your stock firmware. Do a Google search for "return to stock (your model number)". If you CAN boot into your phone normally as it is then flashing recovery again should fix you because it sounds to me like you only wiped out recovery somehow.

14th November 2015, 09:27 AM |#12911  
Thanks Meter: 147

More
Hello.
Is there any way to install a stock Android Operating System on a Virtual Machine with VirtualBox?
For example N9005XXUDMK2. That's the stock Android 4.3 for the Galaxy Note 3. Can i run it on a virtual machine?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, bricked phone, cwm roms and kernels, help thread, noob, noob friendly, question, rcs in action

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)