Too many people don't have enough posts to post on my rom's thread.
So i decided to created a new thread in general!
Here you can post your problems or ask something you dont understand for the flashing process etc.
Will be posted flashing info and known flashing problems here soon.
So feel free to post your question, or report a bug!
1. How to flash Kyrillos' rom?
- Instructions: Here
2. I just flashed Kyrillos' rom and after flashing the phone bootloops (it plays the same boot sound again and again).
- You havent done a Wipe data/factory reset in Recovery mode. Remove the battery & re-insert it, go into recovery mode (Vol up + Vol down + home + power), and select the Wipe data/factory reset option. Click yes, and reboot.
3. The phone booted but my sd partition isnt working. What should i do?
- Firstly you have to ensure that you put the Hybrid Data2SD files in your sdcard. They are contained in v8.0 rom you downloaded. You can also download them from here. You must put the four files (data2sd.dirs, fs.data2sd, multiosdata, multiosdata.cache) in /sdcard/Android/data/G3mod/*. Then reboot your phone and your partition should work.
4. I partitioned my sdcard but i dont see the free sdcard (a2sd) space in Titanium Backup.
5. After restoring my backup with Titanium Backup, i dont see all my apps in Android Market.
- Go in Titanium Backup, find Android Market and wipe Android Market's data. Reboot your phone, and it should be ok.
6. I have too much lag!
- Make sure that you dont have more than 50 User Apps installed in your phone.
- Go in titanium and do a batch operation: Move all apps to internal memory
- If you have a linux-swap partition in your sdcard, delete it.
- Go in Settings/Sound and disable all Feedback sounds (leave the haptic feedback checked if you want )
7. I have battery drain issue.
- Let the battery calibrate itself and after 3-4 days recheck if the problem remains.
- If your problem isn't fixed and you have installed the Overclocked version, install Setcpu and change the governor to OnDemand or Conservative. You can try to Undervolt/Underclock the cpu too. You should make a screen off profile (83min - 400max) too.
- If SetCPU is not used, in OC version, CPU frequency is at stable 800MHz, on performance, so there MUST be a battery draining^^
So, SetCPU is absolute nesassary to be installed and set up. Best working governour is ondemand, if it laggs, drop up threshold in advanced to lower level.
8. What are the best settings for setcpu? [Updated 25/10/11]
- Main tab: Min 83Mhz, Max 800-1200MHz, Scaling: Ondemand (or Conservative), Set on boot: Tick
- Profiles tab: Set on boot: tick
- Profile (1): In call: 83min, 400max, Scaling: Ondemand, Priority:100
- Profile (2): Time profile: 1AM - 7AM (here put the time you sleep), min/max 83MHz, Scaling: Powersave, Priority: 99
- Profile (3): Screen off: 83min, 400max, Scaling: Ondemand, Priority:98
- Voltages: Try -100mV in all frequencies from 500-1200. If it hangs, try -75mV/-50mV, apply, set on boot: tick
9. How to enable v6 supercharger?
- Go in Terminal Emulator, type "su" hit [enter] (you may see a superuser popup, press "Allow", then type "v6_supercharger" hit [enter]
- Choose scrolling speed "2".
- It will ask you if you want intergration with init.rc, choose yes (press Y).
- It will ask you if the home is locked in memory, choose no (Press whatever you want except Y)
- When you see this: Please enter option 1-30, enter 2 :P
- Let the rest of the text scroll through. When script finishes, press the home button, then press the power button and reboot the phone.
- For best results, go in recovery and wipe dalvik-cache and cache.
Note: You must re-enabled v6_supercharger after kyrillos' rom updates!
10. I have a partition in my sdcard and each time i try to install an app from market, the phone just reboots!
- This could be a corrupted filesystem problem. Make a backup d repartition your sd.
- Wipe data/factory reset.
11. I really miss some removed apps. Where can i find them & how to install them?
- You can find any app you want in this thread [By Dharam]
- To install an app, you must put it in /system/app/. There are many ways to do that.
- a) Copy the app you want to install in your sdcard. Use an app, which called root explorer. Open it, find the app you want, copy it, navigate to /system/app/, press the Mount R/W button on the top-right of your screen once, the click paste. Reboot your phone.
- b) You must know how to use adb. adb push appname.apk /system/app/
12. Kies isn't working.
- I highly recommend you to stop using Kies and start using Titanium Backup!
- Anyway, to get it working you must download this and this app and put it in /system/app/
13. How much left data space is normal to have after i install Kyrillos' rom?
- If you dont have partition in your sdcard: ~112MB
- If you have partition in your sdcard: ~150+MB
14. Gps isn't working.
- The gps in our phone isnt the best. I did try to make it better and for many users i did succeed.
15. I have partition in my sdcard but internal storage is still 200MB instead of eg. 1200MB (if partition => 1GB)
- Its normal. Your partition works as it should, but its not full data2sd, and thats the reason that it doesnt show 1200MB.
16. One of my apps cant start because it detects that i have adblock on my phone.
- Download Adfree Android from Android Market, open it and click "Revert"
17. When i sent messages in Arabic it displays ??? ? ? ???? ??? ???
- Go in messaging settings => Input Mode: and change it to Automatic or Unicode
18. I want to set an mp3 file as ringtone or notification sound. What should i do?
- Make a "media" folder in your sdcard. Inside it make an "audio" folder and then make a "ringtones" or "notifications" folder and place the mp3. Reboot and select it from settings
19. The order of the messages is fu**ed up. How to fix it?
- Go to Settings => Date and Time. Untick "Automatic" and et the correct Time Zone!
20. Sometimes i see squares instead of letters.
- It happens because the Ubuntu font. Download android fonts from v9.0_extras if you cant live with it
21. What about themes? How can i know if a theme is compatible with kyrillos rom?
- Firstly, you have to check it it supports nine lockscreen. (If it doesnt, contact the developer of the theme and ask him to enable his theme 9 lockscreen support)
- You can replace any if the theme files EXCEPT: Settings.apk, android.policy.jar, framework.jar, services.jar. If you do replace any if those, your phone will bootloop.
- Enjoy the theme
22. What is Chainfire3D? How to configure it? (Use version v2.8)
- Info: Chainfire3D is an intermediary OpenGL driver. What does that mean? It means that Chainfire3D sits between your apps and the graphics drivers, and can intercept and/or change commands between the two. It has some built-in functions, and can be further extended with plugins to provide extra functionality. (More info: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1087427)
- With Kyrillos' rom v9 + Chainfire3D you can play some 3d games, or play some games better than before & without white textures.
- Chainfire3D installation: Ensure that you have Kyrillos' rom v9 OC. Download Chainfire3D Free or Chainfire3D Pro, run it, accept the su permissions. Press "CF3D driver", and then press "Install". The phone will reboot in a few seconds/minutes.
- Plugin installation: When it boots up, download the plugins (search for Chainfire3D plugins on google. Plugins: libGLEMU_NVIDIA.so, libGLEMU_POWERVR.so, libGLEMU_QUALCOMM.so), put the in your sdcard and open the app. Press "Install Plugins and Shaders". The app will search your phone to see if there is any plugin available in your sd. Install all the three plugins. Go back to the main app menu.
- Configure Chainfire3D: In the main app menu, press "Default OpelGL settings". Select the option "Reduce texture quality", and then choose plugin by pressing "Use plugin". There are 3 choices: Powervr, Qualcomm & Nvidia.
- Test the plugins: Select the "Powervr" plugin and run the game you want. Run it for a minute. Then close the game and change the plugin to "Qualcomm" and run the game for a minute. Compare which plugin worked best (if it worked) and enjoy the game. Note: Nvidia games require Nvidia plugin.
23. Most of the apps are being installed in sdcard instead of internal/partition. How can i change the default app install location to internal?
- Open terminal amulator
pm setInstallLocation 1 (enter)
- Done :P [Info: 0 (Auto), 1 (Internal), 2 (External). You can see the current state by typing "pm getInstallLocation".]
24. How to convert my sdext partition from ext3 to ext4?
- Download KMapp from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1301697
- Install it and run it. Accept the superuser permissions and press the menu button. Select "Filesystem Conversion". Scroll down and select Sdext => ext4 and click "Convert".
25. What is Mobile Tracker and how to set it up? (Highly recommended // Enabled it in case you lose your phone) (for Kyrillos rom v9.4+)
- The Samsung Galaxy 3 comes with a mobile tracker software by default which is not activated, as you need to register your phone and account with the Samsung online website. Only then the option works and your phone goes more safer, as the Mobile tracker is one of the best options to use when your phone is stolen or lost.
The Samsung Dive mobile tracker is something that helps you remotely work on your phone when it is stolen. The online website of its helps you in remotely swiping the phone and delete delete your private data. Though this service is not available in India, a few features of its work, like prompt SMS sending when the phone is used with any new SIM than that which was used to register with the mobile tracker. The app also helps in getting the location information of the phone.
- How to set it up (source):
α. Go to Applications => Settings section in the phone. Select Location and Security tab in it.
β. Scroll down in the menu in Location and Security, and you will see a section for Mobile tracker. Here you need to hit the “Set Mobile Tracker” option which will set the mobile tracker recipient and control the remote phone that is activated. It will take you through the process of registration and set-up of the mobile tracker.
γ. The first thing you need to set is the mobile tracker password which would be asked to you or anyone who changes the SIM in the phone. It has to be of 8 digits and all numeric characters in it. You need to remember this password for always, as it can get your phone locked if you forget it and type the wrong password multiple times.
δ. After you set the password, you need to add recipients to whom the phone sends an SMS from the new SIM to notify/alert them about the changes made in the phone.
ε. Set the information of the sender, i.e. the Sender name and the message to be sent to the recipient. And then agree to the terms.
στ. Login through your Samsung account, and if you have not registered to it, you can do that for free online by registering the product. And then you would be directed to the mobile tracker settings where you can change any recipient or make changes in the samsung account.
ζ. After everything is setup, go back to the Settings section, and into the Location and Security section. There you have to check the “Mobile Tracker” option, so that it is activated.
Note: If at all you have reset your phone through the factory reset option, all the information in the Mobile tracker is lost. You need to set it all over again.
- Now if you lose your phone or somebody stole it, you can track it and/or lock it and/or wipe all your private data in SamsungDive.
Copyright 2011© All Rights Reserved, Kyrillos13