Amaze Bricked

Search This thread
G

glacierguy

Ok... Quick update. I've recently switched from Energy ROM/Stock Kernel to Stock rooted ROM, and ALSO am running a new, unreleased 4ext recovery build.

While testing the last builds of recovery, one of the fixes Maxx was working on was the flashing led while charging when off. That means, I had to let my phone die to test this. The phone died with 2% remaining. I noticed it was at 2%, so I turned the phone back on. It would boot fully (quickboot with no splash screen) for less than a minute and would die. FINALLY, I was able to kill the battery enough to where it wouldn't boot any more. I considered it as dead as I could get it.

I plugged my phone in, first thing I noticed, the led was solid and not flashing. After letting it charge for about 1 min, I turned the phone on, and it fired right up... Starting with the splash screen.

This means 1 of 2 things, if not both.

1) Maxx fixed the NIGHTMARE that happens when letting the rooted phone die;

And/Or

2) the stock rooted ROM doesn't have that nightmare and its all an Energy ROM problem.

Idk... Just what I noticed. I hope this helps with clarification and helps someone. :D

Sent from my Stock Rooted and Highly Customized HTC Ruby using Tapatalk

andy55

Sep 10, 2009
Good to see that it looks like it's fixed.

Funny thing with the battery though is when I had my one battery die on me unexpectedly ( I know it had to have around 30-40% left when It died) I tried to charge in the rooted phone and got the flashing lights, then nothing. Same battery in the completely stock phone and it still flashed for the first 5-10s or so, then charged up normally.

After trying out a bunch of different combinations I was left with the conclusion that it didn't have anything to do with the rom, but the recovery. I tried the same battery drain again after I upgraded to 5.8 rec. and it charged up normally, went back to 5.0.2.6 and couldn't get it to charge. It didn't matter what rom I used (I was switching between fourth bar and energy)

So, recovery is the cheese, make sure you're upgraded to a newer CWM, I haven't tried anything out with 4ext, but sounds like that won't be an issue anyway.

So, recovery is the cheese, make sure you're upgraded to a newer CWM, I haven't tried anything out with 4ext, but sounds like that won't be an issue anyway.
Off-charging is also working properly in the latest build (42+) of the 4EXT Recovery Touch.

--
Sent via Tapatalk 2 from my TELUS HTC Amaze 4G on the Fido network.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HTC also replaces any accessory once, you could call and they'd probably send you a free battery.
    I just got another back cover from them, since my old one was creaking.

To Discharge the battery, you could get a couple led lights and tape them to the + and - terminals of the battery and just let it die.
    Radioshack has leds.

Probably not the easiest way... But it would work.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA
    sounds like the same thing that happened to my backup amaze. I swapped batteries and the same issue was affecting the other one, so its the battery. One of my amaze's is rooted rom'd etc and the other is stock, and the same issue affected the stock one, so its not a brick.

Good time to upgrade to an anker :)
    ok went to the TMO store on my way back...but guys at there refused to test it out saying they don't have any tester battery's...moreover I'm not a TMO customer so they said they can't me help much either :mad:

Anyway, I called up HTC customer service, it seems they do honor warranty on tmobile sets, however I just asked them to ship me a replacement battery for now, if that doesn't work, I'll send the phone over to HTC for repair...

BTW customer support guy said the notification light blinks in case the battery is extremely dead. I hope it does work with new battery...I don't know how will they take it when they find unlocked bootloader and custom ROM installed on it...

With your phone being s-on, you can't technically brick your phone. So as long as it's a hardware failure, and you don't have s-off and haven't been holding out on us you should be fine.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA
    Actually, I think I remember reading something a while back, but there's a problem with either some of the custom ROMs or recoveries.

I think some developers also warned NOT to let your battery discharge all the way when using the custom ROM/recovery, or else you won't be able to charge it again.

This was a while back though, so I don't know if this is the same problem.

So short version, don't let your phone's battery die down to 0% before charging it again.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dock-Batter...090330?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item336f076f5a

Best thing I ever got for my phone. Under 4 bucks shipped. Works great if you are having issues charging your battery if you let it go completely dead. I don't use it much but don't worry about completely draining my battery anymore either.

Works well if you have a 2nd battery too, since you can charge a battery in the charger and use the USB plug at the same time.