[ROOT] Quick and Easy - TWRP Recovery + SuperSU

Search This thread

Zhuinden

Jun 24, 2014
Really useful thread, the other kernel and recovery was extremely outdated, thank you for maintaining :good:

Reactions: Skazzy3

snow4less

Sep 18, 2011
Noob question

Hi - I followed the instructions and confirmed that SuperSU is installed and running. When I tried the recovery (Power + Vol Up), I got this screen. Is this Philz Touch recovery? Thx in advance. I have P3113 system running 4.2.2

Attachments

• 20140814_171116.jpg
    20140814_171116.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 354
Reactions: Skazzy3

jrc2

Nov 7, 2013
Hi - I followed the instructions and confirmed that SuperSU is installed and running. When I tried the recovery (Power + Vol Up), I got this screen. Is this Philz Touch recovery? Thx in advance. I have P3113 system running 4.2.2

No, it is not. Since you have root, download the philz touch tar.md5 file from @Android-Andi's recovery thread in the development section. Flash it in Odin with auto reboot UNCHECKED. Then, reboot into recovery with power and volume up straight from download mode after flashing in Odin is finished and you have unplugged the USB cable. You should now have Philz recovery installed.

Sent from my SGH-T989

Skazzy3

Jan 9, 2012
Not sure why this happened but yes try following jrcs instructions.

Reactions: jrc2

jrc2

Nov 7, 2013
Not sure why this happened but yes try following jrcs instructions.
It happened to me and several other people too. On my tutorials, I usually put to leave auto reboot unchecked when flashing just recovery on the P3110/100, since I have found that it works better

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk

snow4less

Sep 18, 2011
@ jrcs - thanks for the instructions. it worked perfectly!

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

@ jrcs - the Philz touch recovery worked only one time. After I exit Philz touch and boot into the OS and try to enter into recovery again, the same Android system recovery came up.

When I exit Philz touch recovery, there was a question and I don't remember what it said (something about writing recovery image) but I chose 'No'. What is the correct option I should choose?

Thanks in advance.

jrc2

Nov 7, 2013

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

@ jrcs - the Philz touch recovery worked only one time. After I exit Philz touch and boot into the OS and try to enter into recovery again, the same Android system recovery came up.

When I exit Philz touch recovery, there was a question and I don't remember what it said (something about writing recovery image) but I chose 'No'. What is the correct option I should choose?

Thanks in advance.

You wanted to select yes. It was asking if it could write the recovery image so the system won't override it. Repeat my steps and select yes next time. If on future recovery updates it doesn't ask, it knows that it is already fixes and it will stick. Sorry about the confusion.

Sent from my SGH-T989

Skazzy3

Jan 9, 2012

Thanks in advance.

You wanted to select yes. It was asking if it could write the recovery image so the system won't override it. Repeat my steps and select yes next time. If on future recovery updates it doesn't ask, it knows that it is already fixes and it will stick. Sorry about the confusion.

Sent from my SGH-T989
I have no problems on my device. Are you guys using a P3100? I'll try repackaging it if yes because I don't have that device to test.

rederik75

Jul 19, 2012
Viareggio
Moto G Stylus
Just two words about heimdall and linux...
I used the command line issuing the following instruction
heimdall --recovery recovery.img --cache cache.img
and got errors about a nonexistent partition... then, issuing this one:
heimdall --print-pit (or --pit-print, not sure)
I discovered that the partitions are all named in capital letters... so, the command
heimdall --RECOVERY recovery.img --CACHE cache.img
worked like a charm!

Inviato dal mio SM-G900F utilizzando Tapatalk

ZeDingo

Jun 24, 2013
Video tutorial: http://youtu.be/I_Vyr0Zt6AQ

Flashing using Odin3 v1.87:
Flash the *.tar.md5 file as PDA
Make sure "Re-Partition" and "F. Reset Time" unchecked,
"Auto Reboot" checked!

Flashing using Heimdall:
extract cache.img and recovery.img in *.tar.md5 file first

SuperSU v1.94 from Chainfire
Philz Touch Recovery 6.40.4
BusyBox v1.22.1-stericson
Remove all existing root and busybox before installing the new one
Fix busybox symlink, prevent it conflict to Android toolbox
sysrw and sysro script for remounting /system read write or read only
Backup /etc/install-recovery.sh script to /etc/install-recovery.sh.backup and /system/recovery-from-boot.p patch to /system/recovery-from-boot.p.backup if exists, so we can restore it if necessary
Single step for Philz Touch recovery and root!
Based off single step root made by @ketut.kumajaya but he doesn't develop for it anymore so I took over.

Tested on P3113 but should work on all devices.

P3100 (Tablet with SIM card slot):
http://bit.ly/1njIhRN

P311X (Tablet with wifi only/Tablet with IR Blaster and wifi.):
http://bit.ly/1j4jIjZ

Odin3 1.87: http://bit.ly/1njInsz

Drivers : http://bit.ly/1fIBycm

Credits:
ketut.kumajaya, Phil3759, Google, Samsung, koush, Chainfire, codeworkx, dsixda, weltwon, stericson, Android-Andi, iamashwin

Just successfully rooted my P3113 from Windows. I saw the recovery's message and clicked No, crossed my fingers, let it finish booting and root checks OK, rebooted, root checks OK again, reboot recovery...

Stock recovery. Which for the moment is exactly what I wanted. I didn't want to venture TOO far from stock before I take a nandroid while I prepare to flash.

Thank you for the easiest root method I've ever done! :D

Er. Abhi

Apr 1, 2015
How many times i can Flash cf autoroot???
In p3100 i did already 1 time n it work great!!!
N also tell me how many times i flash custom recovery n what does the older recovery??

Sent from my GT-P3100 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Video tutorial:

Installing with Odin3 v1.87:
    Flash the *.tar.md5 file as PDA
    Make sure "Re-Partition" and "F. Reset Time" unchecked, and "Auto Reboot" checked!

Includes:
    SuperSU v2.74 from Chainfire
    TWRP Recovery 3.0.2-1

Based off single step root made by ketut.kumajaya.

Tested on P3113 but should work on all devices. This includes all 7" and 10.1" model Galaxy Tab 2!

Universal Root File: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298972066

Odin 1.87: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298972065

Samsung Drivers: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889764386195916448

Remember to swipe to allow system modifications!

Credits:
    Android-Andi, Chainfire, codeworkx, dsixda, Google, iamashwin, ketut.kumajaya, koush, Phil3759, Samsung, stericson, weltwon

Special thank you to Android-Andi for continuing to support the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 after all these years.
    Updates:

November 3rd 2013
    - Updated Philz Touch Recovery to 5.15.0 (was 5.08.5)
    - Updated SuperSU to 1.65 (was 0.96)
    - Updated busybox to 1.21.1-stericson (was 1.20.2-cm9)

December 1st 2013
    - Updated Philz Touch Recovery to 6.00.8 (was 5.15.0)

May 7 2014
    - Updated Philz Touch Recovery to 6.40.4 (was 6.00.8)
    - Updated SuperSU to 1.94 (was 1.65)
    - Updated busybox to 1.22.1-stericson (was 1.21.1-stericson)

June 24 2016
    - Final version. No more after this
    - Changed recovery to TWRP 3.0.2-1 (was Philz Touch Recovery to 6.40.4)
    - Updated SuperSU to 2.74 (was 1.94)
    - Removed busybox
    - Unified zip for all Galaxy Tab 2 7" and 10.1" models (Thanks Android-Andi)
    - Added support for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1" models

July 16 2017
    - Transferred all files over to AndroidFileHost. No more virus false positives.
    - Cleaned up the OP as well as the title.
    Hey @Luigi2012SM64DS,
    Thanks for this easy method of rooting. I confirm working of the P3100 file. And I edited the Odin internal file for you. The Auto-Reboot ticked, rest all unticked making it more noob friendly.
    And, also change the title for you.
    Download link:-http://d-h.st/6sq
    Check the image below.
    attachment.php
    Who wants to see an update?