[Q] Help! Captivate Bricked and not being recognized why?

Search This thread

thatguy302

Sep 5, 2013
hey, my samsung captivate has the phone>pc screen and it isn't being recognized by my laptop at all for me to fix this...i thought i was my usb port on the phone but nothings really wrong with it besides me having to tilt it a little for the phone to come on...ive tried all methods to get this thing into download mode but nothing's working...i think the root of the problem is the phone not being recognized by my laptop but idk how to fix that...oh and i already downloaded the proper drivers and everthing..how can i fix this?..thx

dawgdoc

Nov 27, 2013
hey, my samsung captivate has the phone>pc screen and it isn't being recognized by my laptop at all for me to fix this...i thought i was my usb port on the phone but nothings really wrong with it besides me having to tilt it a little for the phone to come on...ive tried all methods to get this thing into download mode but nothing's working...i think the root of the problem is the phone not being recognized by my laptop but idk how to fix that...oh and i already downloaded the proper drivers and everthing..how can i fix this?..thx

In some instances the Phone >> ! >> PC screen will function the same as being in download mode.

For other connection issues, check this thread Captivate - PC Connection Issues, Download Mode and Recovery Mode Help. Give consideration to the parts about trying different cables and PCs, also read the section regarding the fickleness of getting drivers to work.

It could also be your hardware. Considering that you said you had to tilt the phone to get it to come on, it might be that there is a bad connection / broken solder between the usb port and the motherboard of the phone.

Reactions: 4-2ndtwin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

In some instances the Phone >> ! >> PC screen will function the same as being in download mode.

For other connection issues, check this thread Captivate - PC Connection Issues, Download Mode and Recovery Mode Help. Give consideration to the parts about trying different cables and PCs, also read the section regarding the fickleness of getting drivers to work.

It could also be your hardware. Considering that you said you had to tilt the phone to get it to come on, it might be that there is a bad connection / broken solder between the usb port and the motherboard of the phone.