[Q] Rooted Phone Doesn't Show up in Wiindows

Search This thread

bladehawk

Apr 15, 2013
So I have a Rooted Note 3 and I've played with a lot of the software everything from autostarts to control startup to trying custom kernels, so I've messed with a lot of things.

For some reason on 3 different computers my phone stopped being visible as a mountable drive. Odin can see the device the PC's can mount other USB devices. I'm trying to figure out what I could have changed that's causing this. All three have worked fine previously and have the most current drivers.

The phone can see it's connected, MTP doesn't work (error code 10 fails to start), PTP fails (silently) as well. Tried all the suggestions I've found online , but most are things to change on the PC, not the phone. Kies can't see the phone, but ADB & Odin can.

Phone says it's connected as a media device.

I've:
- Replaced the kernel
- Froze Autostarts after re-enabling anything that could relate
- Disabled Xposed Framework

So what change could I have made to cause USB to stop working?

Last edited:

Rosli59564

Mar 10, 2013
So I have a Rooted Note 3 and I've played with a lot of the software everything from autostarts to control startup to trying custom kernels, so I've messed with a lot of things.

For some reason on 3 different computers my phone stopped being visible as a mountable drive. Odin can see the device the PC's can mount other USB devices. I'm trying to figure out what I could have changed that's causing this. All three have worked fine previously and have the most current drivers.

The phone can see it's connected, MTP doesn't work (error code 10 fails to start), PTP fails (silently) as well. Tried all the suggestions I've found online , but most are things to change on the PC, not the phone. Kies can't see the phone, but ADB & Odin can.

Phone says it's connected as a media device.

I've:
- Replaced the kernel
- Froze Autostarts after re-enabling anything that could relate
- Disabled Xposed Framework

So what change could I have made to cause USB to stop working?

Try reinstall usb driver if haven't do so. Also enable/disable usb debugging

Top Liked Posts