Android 4.4 KitKat now available for S4 Active

Search This thread

bigfdaddy2

Aug 12, 2012
i'm having the EAXCTLY same problem !! do you think there will ever be a odin file for 4.4.2?

I am back on 4 4.2 I just left the zip on my external SD and booted to recovery and went to apply update from external SD card and it worked

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

NJ_RAMS_FAN

Sep 28, 2011
North Bergen, NJ
I did an ota update yesterday after all the process my touchscreen doesnt work at all,sounds working and can receive call but but the touchscreen wouldnt work at all.I did a factory reset hoping the screen will work still stuck! has anyone had the same problem?good thing I went to att repair service and replace mine.

this is the same thing that happened to my bro-in-law. what did at&t say? his also developed burn-in on the screen. pink color on the bottom.

zombieguy85

Feb 20, 2011
Waco ,tx
Just be prepared your 3rd party apps wont be able to write to the sd card. I'm regretting my decision.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I did the same also, worked great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

so from what ive read just rename the file to update.zip in order to flash through stock recovery? when i try it retains the .cfg extension am i literally supposed to compress to a zip file? please correct me if im missing something but this is driving me nuts.

jkeuclid

Mar 19, 2014
so from what ive read just rename the file to update.zip in order to flash through stock recovery? when i try it retains the .cfg extension am i literally supposed to compress to a zip file? please correct me if im missing something but this is driving me nuts.

No, right click the .cfg so the whole thing is highlighted including the .cfg then manually type in update.zip to rename it

No, right click the .cfg so the whole thing is highlighted including the .cfg then manually type in update.zip to rename it

thanks for the reply.
my folder settings were hiding the file extensions so i changed that in the viewing options and now its installed but now my screen stops responding 1 second after turning on this is a night mare haha.

RueZen

Apr 22, 2014
So I just used Odin to take me to ML2. Got this file on my SD card and as I try to go to the recovery menu using volume up, menu, and power buttons it show's the "Recovery booting..." on the top left but then the phone reboots and loads normally.
Any ideas on how to get my recovery menu back?

jkeuclid

Mar 19, 2014
So I just used Odin to take me to ML2. Got this file on my SD card and as I try to go to the recovery menu using volume up, menu, and power buttons it show's the "Recovery booting..." on the top left but then the phone reboots and loads normally.
Any ideas on how to get my recovery menu back?
It's Vol+/HOME/POWER and then just before you anticipate that tiny bit of recovery text in upper left corner let go fast, believe me it took me a few tries to get this right but then it should take you into recovery.

Reactions: RueZen

RueZen

Apr 22, 2014
It's Vol+/HOME/POWER and then just before you anticipate that tiny bit of recovery text in upper left corner let go fast, believe me it took me a few tries to get this right but then it should take you into recovery.
/facepalm yeah I meant home not menu, but thank you I hadn't realized that I needed the correct timing all working now

Kallisti23

Apr 24, 2014
OTA Issues

Can anyone confirm that the upgrade from 4.3 to 4.4.2 is safe when using the renamed CFG file instead of doing the OTA? I would like to try out KitKat but I don't want burn-in and an unresponsive touch screen.

jkeuclid

Mar 19, 2014
Can anyone confirm that the upgrade from 4.3 to 4.4.2 is safe when using the renamed CFG file instead of doing the OTA? I would like to try out KitKat but I don't want burn-in and an unresponsive touch screen.

The 2400258.cfg IS the OTA just not in the form of a tidy set of ODIN files as many are accustomed to. It is perfectly safe and I've personally flashed it several times as have many others successfully as is well documented in Sunderwear's 4.4.2 root thread.

waqar747

Oct 5, 2007
FILE: 2400258.cfg (i537 4.4 OTA update)
URL: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407587969
OLDURL: https://www.mediafire.com/?wzcraa7ka1l7mch (works as of edit, but is irrevocably mediafire...)
SIZE: 426 MB
CRC32: 0DC78100
MD5: 40C941F727BBFCB5DF4097901E5D9C3A

I have tried to search for this but am confused. Can somebody confirm if I can install this file by renaming to update.zip and installing through the recovery. My config: i537 with 4.3 ML2 rooted, Knox apks removed. No additional mods. Appreciate the help in advance.

Top Liked Posts