Thanks Meter: 3,042

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikereidis

Can you try this ? :

1 - Switch Audio Method to "htcflag".
2 - Reboot.
3 - Start my app. There should be no audio.
4 - See if phone audio works.
5 - Stop my app.
6 - See if phone audio works.

"htcflag" should do nothing and be benign on Samsung. If phone audio is stll broken, then something besides audio routing code is breaking it. (But I doubt this.)

sfu_sdcs SHOULD work on CM7 for any device that supports the CM FM app. So it might be interfering. But I couldn't get sfu_sdcs working.

I read on the CM7 nightly thread for Galaxy S yesterday that the CM FM app is expected to be fixed soon. I hope there will be fixes for libaudio / sfu_sdcs. Regardless, if the CM FM app works OK, I can check the source and make my app work OK too.

testing now...

the cm7 fm app is fixed by some kernel fixes afaik, but i doubt that they make it into fugumod, as that one is realy far from stock, it is 2.6.36 now and nika is working hard towards 2.6.37 stock cm7 is 2.6.35.2 or something iirc

edit: you are right, its working with htcflag.

1st September 2011, 11:19 PM |#1102  
Flag McMinnville, TN
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikereidis

Droid X with CM7 nightly. Someone is reporting audio issues where it "constantly skips" or is "consistently choppy". This affects both of his 2 Droid X's.

EDIT: "Short burst of good audio (half a second) followed by a half a second of fuzz, and this repeats over and over consistently." Happens with good signal or static.

Ever seen this ? SaurusX was having issues with "bursts of static and multiple signals", but I think this was resolved and was an RF issue as opposed to this audio issue.

RSSI is good in the 50s and RDS is fine. Both FM_launch and FM_launch2 were tried.

Thanks !

Those "burst of static" may be an issue with the audio decoder for the FM chip. The mixing of signals seems like a tuner chip issue. It could also be multi-pathing with the signal if it's weak and another station on the same frequency is near by they are fighting for reception. FM_launch and FM_Launch2 SHOULD work. Honestly Try going to stock install Spirit FM. I'm running the latest GB .602 STOCK and Spirit works perfectly. Also see if local music will play though the speaker.

The signal no signal sounds like a short in the IC (chip) for the BT/WIFI/FM module. Maybe shorting out causing connection loss in the chip to the audio out decoder. Does it happen during warm/hot weather? Can you test a colder environment to see if this resolves it. Could also be a short in the antenna/headphone jack. See if wiggling the headphone plug causes the issue.
2nd September 2011, 02:09 AM |#1103  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Ottawa/Gatineau, Canada
Thanks Meter: 4,164

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmguy

The signal no signal sounds like a short in the IC (chip) for the BT/WIFI/FM module. Maybe shorting out causing connection loss in the chip to the audio out decoder. Does it happen during warm/hot weather? Can you test a colder environment to see if this resolves it. Could also be a short in the antenna/headphone jack. See if wiggling the headphone plug causes the issue.

Thanks.

The problem is identical on 2 separate DroidX's, so I think it may be due to:

1 - Some minor hardware difference in some units, or
2 - Some hardware problem both of his units have, or
3 - Some software setting, or
4 - Something changing in the latest nightlies for CM7.

If anyone else sees this "half second OK, half second no audio and repeat" problem on CM7 please let me know.
2nd September 2011, 12:19 PM |#1104  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Hi, yesterday i installed your amazing app on my SGS with CM7 nightly.
Today i noticed some strange and scary crackling and rustling noise from the speaker, even when Spirit FM was off. After unistalling your app the problem is gone.
Anywway thanks for your work.
2nd September 2011, 01:10 PM |#1105  
Flag Vienna

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alekos panagulis

Hi, yesterday i installed your amazing app on my SGS with CM7 nightly.
Today i noticed some strange and scary crackling and rustling noise from the speaker, even when Spirit FM was off. After unistalling your app the problem is gone.
Anywway thanks for your work.

Did this crackling sound occure also when you didnt run spirit-fm after a reboot? Atm spirit-fm is not realy usable on sgs cm7 because it breaks completely the audio routing and only thing you can do is reboot, but then it should be ok again till u start spirit-fm again.

----------------------------------------
tapatalked
2nd September 2011, 02:47 PM |#1106  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeFx

Did this crackling sound occure also when you didnt run spirit-fm after a reboot? Atm spirit-fm is not realy usable on sgs cm7 because it breaks completely the audio routing and only thing you can do is reboot, but then it should be ok again till u start spirit-fm again.

tapatalked

The crackling occured even after rebooting without running Fm spirit.
2nd September 2011, 04:42 PM |#1107  
Flag iTALY
Thanks Meter: 1

More
galaxy tab P1000 no redio?
2nd September 2011, 06:35 PM |#1108  
Flag Vienna

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Which kernel do u use?

tapatalked
2nd September 2011, 08:46 PM |#1109  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks for your report.

Rebooting should be as good as an uninstall.

My app does NOT set itself up in any way to start itself at boot time, and it shouldn't change anything that survives a reboot.

If it still crackled after a reboot I'd suspect a hardware problem (And I very much hope that isn't happening). But uninstalling wouldn't fix a hardware problem.

With the above said, in the worlds of hardware and software, sometime very strange things can happen. If the audio chip got hot for example, a reboot might not fix a problem. But by the second or 3rd reboot, or after some other pause, the chip might cool down enough to work normally.

So at this time, I'd advise not using the speaker mode on Galaxy S.
2nd September 2011, 08:49 PM |#1110  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alspecial2007

galaxy tab P1000 no redio?

No, not as far as I know. If there is no stock FM app from Samsung, it's very unlikely FM can work.

On page 2 of this thread is my compatibility list: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...58&postcount=2

The original Galaxy Tab exhibited the "Jumping RSSI" problem (-128, 0, 16, 55, etc). AFAICT the newer Tabs are the same.
2nd September 2011, 09:05 PM |#1111  

Donate to Me
More
v September 2:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/36t8yy...io_v110902.apk

- Power up will not work unless a headset is plugged in as an antenna, unless the new User Interface setting for Antenna is set to "Optional". The default is "Require". A dialog with this info is shown if no headset is plugged in at power up.

- Settings are now organised in Submenus for Tuner, Audio, User Interface and Debug.

- Remove "all" Audio Method. Not really useful and can cause problems.

- Broadcom Stereo should now automatically "blend" between mono and stereo. It's not a hard switch, but a gradual blending between the full mono and stereo states, depending on signal strength or SNR.

Blending takes place when Output Mode is set to stereo. Setting to mono still forces mono mode. I might make this an option; last night when signals were weaker I noted an inability to receive anything in noticeable stereo, despite some signals being just above the edge of stereo possibility.

I hope this will eliminate the need to be able to set Mono on individual stations. TI FM chips have always been set like this, with no option to turn it off.

- Remove Google ads (But not my own "nags"). IMO It's not worth annoying so many people for 10 cents a day, LOL. Perhaps when rates rise before Christmas.

Now checking out my new $79 Galaxy 550...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
spirit fm radio receiver ota

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)