4th January 2013, 09:13 AM |#5101  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Ottawa/Gatineau, Canada
Thanks Meter: 4,164

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobarune

Latest Spirit UL update on Google Play killed audio for me on my Evo LTE. Version before worked but not anymore. I haven't changed any of the default settings.

"You might have a very minor case of serious brain damage."

Thanks for your report, and sorry about that. It's tough to change code now without breaking some device...

Jan 4 Free is here with the fix: http://devhost.xda-developers.com/prK and is updated on Play as well. I also added a partial fix that affected media button pause/play on wired headset cable or new lock-screen controls.

BTW, if you have Unlocked and are itching for RDS on AOSP ROMs, you can set Debug-> FM Chip to "STE AFM RX" and restart Spirit. I don't think it's 100% stable yet though.

There's also an audio method for "Digital OneXL/S" now, but it's unstable and reduces the default 44.1K sample rate and stereo to 11.025K and mono. It's not clear yet if it's possible to be stable, but you'd think a mostly digital FM chip should be.
The Following User Says Thank You to mikereidis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mikereidis Ad-Free

4th January 2013, 10:02 AM |#5102  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hi Mikereidis,

I'm trying to use Spirit FM on my Grand X In but so far it doesn't seem to be able to pick up a FM signal. The indicator for signal strength is at first on -128 and then goes to 0 and stays that way. I've tried some of the different settings debug mode with no effect but I'm basically poking in the dark here as I'm not familiar with the purpose of those settings.

So, what can I do to make it work on my device?

Thank you and have a Happy New Year,
Boris

Sent from my Grand X In using Tapatalk 2
4th January 2013, 10:11 AM |#5103  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by svetievboris

Hi Mikereidis,

I'm trying to use Spirit FM on my Grand X In but so far it doesn't seem to be able to pick up a FM signal. The indicator for signal strength is at first on -128 and then goes to 0 and stays that way. I've tried some of the different settings debug mode with no effect but I'm basically poking in the dark here as I'm not familiar with the purpose of those settings.

So, what can I do to make it work on my device?

Thank you and have a Happy New Year,
Boris

Sent from my Grand X In using Tapatalk 2

About the only ZTE device Spirit has worked on is the SanFrancisco2/Blade2/Crescent/Vivacity . And I'm not officially supporting that anymore either.

So, I don't know, and I think chances to get it working are pretty low.
4th January 2013, 11:54 AM |#5104  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Doew galaxy s speaker brick still exists
Hello guys, sorry if i reposting the question but i did manage to find an awnser to any thread.

Did the problem of bricking galaxy s (gt i9000) speaker on non stock still exists ??
I already brick my speaker several month ago and wana to give it a chanche again with my new one. Is any chance to brick it or not ??

Currently running on cm10.1 (latest version)

Thanks
4th January 2013, 03:49 PM |#5105  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikereidis

Anything is possible, but it's way too difficult, and there is no such tutorial.

Rev-enging the audio and letting me in on the secret is easier.

It's easier still to root your phone, but I can't guide you on that.

Easiest solution (if funds allow) is just to get a phone with a stock FM app you'd like.

Hi Mike,

If my phone is unrooted (you're right), won't Spirit FM work then? I'll try to find some tutorial how to unroot it, if so.

By the way, do you plan to spend some time one day to try to make LG L7 (P700) be compatible with your app? I would be the first person to buy it when working and I'm sure the other LG L7 users would do the same.

Best regards,
PiotrekStargard
4th January 2013, 09:16 PM |#5106  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiotrekStargard

Hi Mike,

If my phone is unrooted (you're right), won't Spirit FM work then? I'll try to find some tutorial how to unroot it, if so.

By the way, do you plan to spend some time one day to try to make LG L7 (P700) be compatible with your app? I would be the first person to buy it when working and I'm sure the other LG L7 users would do the same.

Best regards,
PiotrekStargard

I have no plans to support this phone in stock form. If we get rooted devices working, that'd be great, and if it worked well, I might consider it officially supported when rooted.
4th January 2013, 09:23 PM |#5107  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemray

Hello guys, sorry if i reposting the question but i did manage to find an awnser to any thread.

Did the problem of bricking galaxy s (gt i9000) speaker on non stock still exists ??
I already brick my speaker several month ago and wana to give it a chanche again with my new one. Is any chance to brick it or not ??

Currently running on cm10.1 (latest version)

Thanks

Yes, it's still a problem, though risk may be minimized by not charging or connecting USB or computer speakers while FM is running.

This problem has been important/distressing enough to have post 3 dedicated to it. Post 3 usually has the latest info, last updated now Nov 15, with no change since then: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...66&postcount=3

I get about 1 report every 3-4 weeks or so; don't recall if there was a report since Nov 15. Reports may be slower now due to people moving to newer phones and most people who would flash custom ROMs have already done so.
5th January 2013, 05:28 AM |#5108  

Donate to Me
More
Jan 5 Unlocked is now on Play.

It add RDS low level (AOSP, non-stock) support for HTC ATT OneXL, OneS, Evo 4G LTE.

Stock, rooted devices will still default to using the high level "OEM Proprietary" API. On these devices some features will likely be a bit different if you manually set Debug-> FM API to "Low Level" and restart Spirit.

I'm not sure if AF will automatically work with this. Perhaps someone in Europe can report. AF settings should make no difference, and if on, the numbers will always be 0.

Since this is an Unlocked only feature, I see no need to update Free or Light at this time.
The Following User Says Thank You to mikereidis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mikereidis Ad-Free
5th January 2013, 05:40 AM |#5109  

Donate to Me
More
There were a few recent changes to accommodate the lock-screen support on Unlocked:

- Muting FM no longer gives up audio focus unless Debug-> Audio Focus is set to "Enable + Pause Return". Doing this killed the lock-screen display when pausing/muting.

- Default for lock-screen and physical previous/next buttons is now "Preset/Seek" instead of the previous Volume.

"Preset/Seek" means it will select presets, if at least two are set. If 1 or fewer are set in the current preset list, the function will seek.

Stock Samsung ROMs over-ride media buttons for volume, and there's nothing I can do about that, AFAIK.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikereidis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mikereidis Ad-Free
5th January 2013, 11:16 AM |#5110  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hi
I installed Spirit FM on my Note N8000 but I dont get any audio from Speakers or through Headset.
Pl confirm if this will work with N8000 or not
Thanks...
5th January 2013, 07:26 PM |#5111  
Flag Saint-mard
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Hi mikereidis,

Happy New Year

I try your app on play store but my Xperia S with cyanogenmod 10 isn't supported yet.

Can you tell me if we plan to support it soon ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
spirit fm radio receiver ota

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)